Originally Posted by TornadoTJ
1. The PC has to go to Sleep mode (S3) not power off, or you won't be able to power it back on. Go into BIOS and set the function of the power button to put the PC to sleep and you are all done.
Thanx...I will test this out.
2. Going straight into XBMC or whatever is no more than dragging the shortcut into the Startup folder in Start/All Programs.
I actually do have XMBC do that right now...but it seems the "focus" is moved to something else and I have to Alt-Tab back to XBMC
3. You don't ever want the ability to go to Windows at all? I don't recommend that, as there will be times you need to do maintenance.
No not ever. Just don't want to switch to Windows Desktop if I press a wrong remote button and so on.
4. I don't understand, is there a question for this?
Actually...I didn't phrase that right. Basically when I shutdown from XBMC, it should just shut the computer down with it. Not shut-down and get to Desktop. Is that possible?
5. No problem at all to do this.
What's the secret? I have tried but can't get my Logitech to program correctly and have right key presses. Is there a guide floating somewhere?
My recommendation is to follow our advice and fix your HTPC. None of the issues you have described are difficult to resolve. Otherwise, you can't beat the FireTV for Plex or whatever, especially now while it is $79.
Got it...will try the above and see how it goes.