CinemaVision Kodi Add-on: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #61 of 131 Old 11-06-2015, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysmartguy2005 View Post
Does Cinemavision treat local trailers the same way as Cinema Experience? For instance, I download all my trailers for new and upcoming movies from movie-list.com because they provide trailers in lossless PCM, DTS and Dolby 5.1 sound and the video is blu-ray quality. I put each trailer in its own folder and all those go in a central folder I name Trailers. Each movie trailer has an nfo file inside their folder that has trailer info such as genre, rating, title and other info. Cinema Experience can play the appropriate trailers for the movie I'm watching based on its genre, rating, etc. It works great. Does CinemaVision do the same thing for local downloaded trailers? From what I've seen it does for streaming apple trailers, but it not the same video or sound quality wise.
So we do things a little bit different. If you scrape your trailers into the Kodi database, we can pull them from there with all of their information intact. We also have a Trailers content folder in the %CVROOT% that you can just dump trailers into. It sounds like you have the trailers in your Kodi database, so just disable the other scrapers (Content, iTunes, etc.) if you only want trailers coming from the ones you've scraped into Kodi. Here's what I've gathered as far as how to scrape Trailers into Kodi correctly. If you name your trailer <MovieTitle>-trailer.<extension>, Kodi will properly scrape the information into the database.

You can also define your own RegEx's in your advancedsettings.xml using the <trailermatching> tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Turning OFF the adjust refresh rate will make the transitions faster, since Kodi won't change refresh rates. That really only a problem if you watch video content that's not 24fps, if all you have is film content, just set Kodi to 23.976Hz and turn off the Adjust Refresh Rate option.

The Pause won't speed anything up, but it will help with beginning of videos getting cut off. I set that to 7 or 8 seconds since my JVC RS4910 takes forever to sync to refresh rate changes.

Another thing you can try, if you're dealing with the more recent JVCs, is set Kodi to 59.94Hz and turn on the Inverse Telecine CMD option, which does a reasonably good job of detecting film content in a 60Hz input and displaying that at a multiple of 24Hz.
All good advice, thanks for that! Any chance I could enlist your help testing and troubleshooting a version that might take some of the refresh rate switching out of the equation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
I cant lock into just 23.97 as I have a mix of 24, 50 and 60 content.
Just sent you another email, Murray. We'll get this all figured out.

Anyone who can test with a projector, we need your help and feedback! We also need to know how you have Kodi configured for your setup. Are you having to add in the delay for refresh rate switching, or do anything else specific to your setup?

Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home with CinemaVision and Kodi!
Create and share your own sequence of Video Bumpers, Trailers, Audio Format Bumpers and much, much more.

CinemaVision Kodi Add-on Available!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 131 Old 11-06-2015, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroktA View Post
All good advice, thanks for that! Any chance I could enlist your help testing and troubleshooting a version that might take some of the refresh rate switching out of the equation?
Maybe, I'm not actually using this at the moment, but I'll let you know if I do.
post #63 of 131 Old 11-08-2015, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 32
just wanted to touch base real quick to say all problems seem to be solved!! Still seems to play a few items i may not have selected,but no big deal..It does play now everything I want it to play in order which is more important to me than anything else.I assume if i were playing say 3 movies and wanted to set it up for 10 minute intermission videos to play between them(thanksgiving marathon), I need to "que" the 3 movies in the order of play?

AM I THE ONLY OASIS IN THE DESERT OF STUPIDITY......" SIR BRICKENBOCKER"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 131 Old 11-08-2015, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Maybe, I'm not actually using this at the moment, but I'll let you know if I do.
Please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie View Post
just wanted to touch base real quick to say all problems seem to be solved!! Still seems to play a few items i may not have selected,but no big deal..It does play now everything I want it to play in order which is more important to me than anything else.I assume if i were playing say 3 movies and wanted to set it up for 10 minute intermission videos to play between them(thanksgiving marathon), I need to "que" the 3 movies in the order of play?
Great to hear! Whenever it plays things you're not expecting, post up a link to your log file so we can review it. You do need to queue the movies you want to play. If you're using Kodi 15.2 and the CinemaVision Launcher, you can reorder those queue items and even set it up well before the movie begins. You'll also want to make sure that your Sequence supports playing multiple files. Look at the Command modules for the default sequences to see how that's done, and let me know if you have any questions.

Create and share your own sequence of Video Bumpers, Trailers, Audio Format Bumpers and much, much more.

post #65 of 131 Old 11-08-2015, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got all set and thanks for replies and help!! Just curious, not currently doing trivia but do you think you will do trivia in a christmas type theme?

post #66 of 131 Old 11-09-2015, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Got all set and thanks for replies and help!! Just curious, not currently doing trivia but do you think you will do trivia in a christmas type theme?
Absolutely! I believe there are some members on the website who are putting together Christmas and winter templates for trivia right now, actually.

post #67 of 131 Old 11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

That would be cool..would probably try out some trivia at that point..Got a 3 movie night coming up for turkey day planned and Cinemavision all set and ready to go. Might would eliminate 1 of the intermission between movies and trivia instead. the 10 minute intermission is good to reload up everybody on drinks,bathroom breaks,cake,pie,etc..I'm uploading a demo of my sequence to youtube right now.. When i get back i'm going to post a link so others could check it out and maybe it would help them possibly..

post #68 of 131 Old 11-09-2015, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Okay, here is an example of what I'm doing with Cinemavision. Excuse the talking..was made for a buddy earlier today to help him see what;s possible then decided it might could help a few here see how it works in action..This is with Rapier skin on a Pi 2 on my 70" in 2nd flr family room. LMK what you think.
mrfattbill, dRwOOD73 and Mr. Sir like this.

post #69 of 131 Old 11-09-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Okay, here is an example of what I'm doing with Cinemavision. Excuse the talking..was made for a buddy earlier today to help him see what;s possible then decided it might could help a few here see how it works in action..This is with Rapier skin on a Pi 2 on my 70" in 2nd flr family room. LMK what you think.
I appreciate the video, now to get off my butt and make it all happen, lol.

Thanks

Bill
post #70 of 131 Old 11-09-2015, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Nice work brickie.. i really need to mess around with it cause i was thoroughly confused when i first opened it up.. ( still am actually)

post #71 of 131 Old 11-09-2015, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
https://youtu.be/xxtPdCaTgrI

Hey brickie, I noticed something when watching your video. Take a look at the default CinemaVision sequence. There at the end of the sequence nested in the command modules, that's how we're processing multiple features. What you're doing will work, but if you do it the way we did it in our default sequence, it will process the features until there aren't any left in queue, which is nice. If you need help, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post
I appreciate the video, now to get off my butt and make it all happen, lol.

Thanks

Bill
Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRwOOD73 View Post
Nice work brickie.. i really need to mess around with it cause i was thoroughly confused when i first opened it up.. ( still am actually)
There's a lot you can do with it. I'm working on videos now that should help with understanding how to do all of those things.
ellisr63 likes this.

post #72 of 131 Old 11-10-2015, 04:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ragnarokta, went back and checked your video in beginning of thread about how you handle multiple movies..cool. will play around with it that way as well.Good to know though the way I have it setup it will play all the movies as well.

post #73 of 131 Old 12-01-2015, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ragnarokta, went back and checked your video in beginning of thread about how you handle multiple movies..cool. will play around with it that way as well.Good to know though the way I have it setup it will play all the movies as well.
How did Thanksgiving go? Was CinemaVision a hit?

post #74 of 131 Old 12-01-2015, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It was a massive hit!!!!!!! Everyone had seen me do cinema experience in the past but it had been awhile..Started having issues with it, but your Cinemavision worked without any issues at all!!! Thanks big time..Already planning something for christmas.

post #75 of 131 Old 12-01-2015, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It was a massive hit!!!!!!! Everyone had seen me do cinema experience in the past but it had been awhile..Started having issues with it, but your Cinemavision worked without any issues at all!!! Thanks big time..Already planning something for christmas.
Well that's good to hear! We just pushed 1.0.4 today, so you should see an update come down soon. No big changes, a few bug fixes.
dRwOOD73 likes this.

post #76 of 131 Old 12-09-2015, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can I configure it to play local trailers I saved on my computer as well as trailers that it scrapes? If I configure CinemaVision trailers to content, it seems to only play scraped trailers. If I set it to directory, it seems to only play what I saved locally in my folder. Can't it be set to alternate between them?

I'd like to be able to play older trailers sometimes.

Thx
post #77 of 131 Old 12-09-2015, 06:10 PM

Can I configure it to play local trailers I saved on my computer as well as trailers that it scrapes? If I configure CinemaVision trailers to content, it seems to only play scraped trailers. If I set it to directory, it seems to only play what I saved locally in my folder. Can't it be set to alternate between them?

Thx
post #78 of 131 Old 12-10-2015, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Yes you should be able to do that. In the configuration screen, you can set what get's used and in what order.
post #79 of 131 Old 12-10-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Guebert View Post
Yes you should be able to do that. In the configuration screen, you can set what get's used and in what order.
I don't think it does. If I have itunes first, kodi second, it plays all itunes trailers (I looked at about 20 different movies with 2 trailers each). If I have kodi listed first with iTunes second, it only plays trailers scraped from kodi.

It doesn't seem to alternate. It seems to use only 1 source even though you can name different sources. Unless I'm missing something. This was set in configuration.
post #80 of 131 Old 12-13-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 153
I keep getting a script error. Also, Cinema Vision does not show up in any skin except Aeon Nox. Do I need to uninstall and start over?
post #81 of 131 Old 12-13-2015, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
I keep getting a script error. Also, Cinema Vision does not show up in any skin except Aeon Nox. Do I need to uninstall and start over?
From the configuration screen try installing the Cinema Vision launch helper
post #82 of 131 Old 12-13-2015, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Marchand View Post

Thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Marchand View Post
I don't think it does. If I have itunes first, kodi second, it plays all itunes trailers (I looked at about 20 different movies with 2 trailers each). If I have kodi listed first with iTunes second, it only plays trailers scraped from kodi.

It doesn't seem to alternate. It seems to use only 1 source even though you can name different sources. Unless I'm missing something. This was set in configuration.
So it does that, but currently we don't have a working setting that mixes trailers from all sources. That's something we're working on adding in. We have other members who put two trailer modules side-by-side in their sequence to accomplish this. For example:

Trailer Module (Plays 2 local trailers) > Trailer Module (Plays 2 iTunes trailers) > Feature Presentation

Quote:
You shouldn't need to start over, but I'm not sure what's happening without looking at a log file. Can I talk you into uploading one for me?

post #83 of 131 Old 12-14-2015, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
hey,

i am from germany, sorry for my bad english I have one question, because in the german forum i can´t find a solution for my problem.

I have now the home cinema experience addon for KODI an a eventghost with a JBMedia light manager pro and it not realy work with playing a audio format trailer becouse the support has ended. And without playing the aufio format trailers, its work perfectly. Lights go out when i start the film, light go on when i stoped the film...
Now i find cinema vision. And i don´t understand how configure the atomation cue´s / actions. I have no ideo of python script. How can i find a example file to configure a "play" "pause" and stop event an connectet with eventghost. I know the most (i can´t post links, because i have currently 0 post^^ ) tutorials but i don´t understand it.

I believe that i need a connection (eventghost addon?) between KODI and eventghost?

With best regards,
dts66
post #84 of 131 Old 12-14-2015, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You shouldn't need to start over, but I'm not sure what's happening without looking at a log file. Can I talk you into uploading one for me?
I usually test everything out on on Kodi on my iMac at my desk before I "go live" in the theater with my Mac Mini, but for some reason I went ahead and skipped testing and went straight to the theater room. I went back to Kodi on my iMac and got it working perfectly. I thought I set everything up the same way as I did in the theater room but I must be missing something on that system. If you could tell me how to upload a log file, then I'll be glad to do so.

I do have a couple of questions though. I can't find where the CinemaVision Launcher is. I looked everywhere on Kodi last night and couldn't find it. Also, is Rapier the only skin that has the launcher built in? When I press enter on a title in Rapier, at the top of the screen, it has the CinemaVision option and the option to just play the title as is. No other skin that I can tell, has that option. For instance, in Aeon Nox, when I right click on a title, it doesn't give me the option to start the title with Cinemavision and there isn't an option for it on the page after I hit enter either. Lots of questions. Sorry. Let me simplify:

1. How do I upload a log?
2. How do I install the CinemaVision Launcher? I don't see it in the repository. I think I'm on Kodi 14.2, by the way.
3. How do I launch a title in CinemaVision in Aeon Nox and other skins besides Rapier?
post #85 of 131 Old 12-14-2015, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Okay, I just upgraded to Isengard and found the launcher without a problem. Maybe I'm losing my mind, but the Context Add-on folder was not in any skin in Helix. Maybe I was looking in the wrong spot. I still need some help with the other stuff though.

Edit: After the CinemaVision launcher was installed, when I right click in Aeon Nox, the CinemaVision option is there now. It looks like I'm answering all my own questions. I am assuming Rapier is the only skin that allows you to launch CinemaVision without right clicking?

Last edited by JVoth; 12-14-2015 at 01:57 PM.
post #86 of 131 Old 12-14-2015, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts66 View Post
hey,

i am from germany, sorry for my bad english I have one question, because in the german forum i can´t find a solution for my problem.

I have now the home cinema experience addon for KODI an a eventghost with a JBMedia light manager pro and it not realy work with playing a audio format trailer becouse the support has ended. And without playing the aufio format trailers, its work perfectly. Lights go out when i start the film, light go on when i stoped the film...
Now i find cinema vision. And i don´t understand how configure the atomation cue´s / actions. I have no ideo of python script. How can i find a example file to configure a "play" "pause" and stop event an connectet with eventghost. I know the most (i can´t post links, because i have currently 0 post^^ ) tutorials but i don´t understand it.

I believe that i need a connection (eventghost addon?) between KODI and eventghost?

With best regards,
dts66
Hey there! So with CinemaVision, one of the things we did was try to further simplify home automation. It's not quite point and click yet, but you don't need to know how to script. That said, here's a great article about triggering actions via the Webserver Plugin. Once your triggers are in place, it's as simple as putting a web address in the action file, like this:

Code:
# This is an example of a simple GET: request and not very useful
http://google.com?q=frogs
Do keep in mind that CinemaVision can talk to and control any home automation solution that has a RESTful API, like Philips Hue for example. What kind of lights do you use? You may be able to control them directly without using EventGhost.

Quote:
I usually test everything out on on Kodi on my iMac at my desk before I "go live" in the theater with my Mac Mini, but for some reason I went ahead and skipped testing and went straight to the theater room. I went back to Kodi on my iMac and got it working perfectly. I thought I set everything up the same way as I did in the theater room but I must be missing something on that system. If you could tell me how to upload a log file, then I'll be glad to do so.

I do have a couple of questions though. I can't find where the CinemaVision Launcher is. I looked everywhere on Kodi last night and couldn't find it. Also, is Rapier the only skin that has the launcher built in? When I press enter on a title in Rapier, at the top of the screen, it has the CinemaVision option and the option to just play the title as is. No other skin that I can tell, has that option. For instance, in Aeon Nox, when I right click on a title, it doesn't give me the option to start the title with Cinemavision and there isn't an option for it on the page after I hit enter either. Lots of questions. Sorry. Let me simplify:

1. How do I upload a log?
2. How do I install the CinemaVision Launcher? I don't see it in the repository. I think I'm on Kodi 14.2, by the way.
3. How do I launch a title in CinemaVision in Aeon Nox and other skins besides Rapier?
Quote:
Okay, I just upgraded to Isengard and found the launcher without a problem. Maybe I'm losing my mind, but the Context Add-on folder was not in any skin in Helix. Maybe I was looking in the wrong spot. I still need some help with the other stuff though.

Edit: After the CinemaVision launcher was installed, when I right click in Aeon Nox, the CinemaVision option is there now. It looks like I'm answering all my own questions. I am assuming Rapier is the only skin that allows you to launch CinemaVision without right clicking?
So Context Menu Add-ons are actually new to Isengard, which is why you couldn't see or install them in versions prior to Kodi 15. You're not losing your mind.

To upload a log, look at the instructions in this post under the REPORTING ISSUES, ERRORS AND BUGS heading.

We actually have quite a few skins that have support, and instructions for adding support listed in this post. The current options are launching from the Movie Information screen (if skinners built a CinemaVision button into their skin), a context item (if skinners built one for CinemaVision into their skin), the CinemaVision Launcher which does not require skin integration, and launching from inside the Sequence Editor. We'll be adding a few other ways soon, provided we're allowed to. Detailed instructions can be found here under the PLAYING THE EXPERIENCE heading.

post #87 of 131 Old 12-16-2015, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

RagnaroktA,
I got it working flawlessly last night. All is good. It's a great program by the way. The way it auto detects the audio format is really cool. It's a nice upgrade over Cinema Experience.

Now, is anyone willing to help with a little scripting by chance? I have an ISY with Insteon lighting on 3 zones. The wife and I love the fact that you can have Cinema Vision automatically set the lights for you. I have an 4 cans over the seating. I have 1 over the door and 1 over the opposite wall which I call "Entrance and Side Lighting", and I have 2 over the screen which would not be used in Cinema Vison since there isn't a need. What I would want is something like this:

1. Set the seating lights and entrance to 50%
2. Set entrance and side lights to 20%
3. Screen lights off
4. Trailers
5. Turn all lights off
6. Audio Format
7. Feature

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not a programmer but if someone could point me in the direction so I can learn how to write this script, that would be great too.
post #88 of 131 Old 12-17-2015, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
RagnaroktA,
I got it working flawlessly last night. All is good. It's a great program by the way. The way it auto detects the audio format is really cool. It's a nice upgrade over Cinema Experience.
Thanks for the Kudos! If you have feature suggestions, shoot them my way.

Quote:
Now, is anyone willing to help with a little scripting by chance? I have an ISY with Insteon lighting on 3 zones. The wife and I love the fact that you can have Cinema Vision automatically set the lights for you. I have an 4 cans over the seating. I have 1 over the door and 1 over the opposite wall which I call "Entrance and Side Lighting", and I have 2 over the screen which would not be used in Cinema Vison since there isn't a need. What I would want is something like this:

1. Set the seating lights and entrance to 50%
2. Set entrance and side lights to 20%
3. Screen lights off
4. Trailers
5. Turn all lights off
6. Audio Format
7. Feature

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not a programmer but if someone could point me in the direction so I can learn how to write this script, that would be great too.
So these aren't yet tested, but that's where you come in! I need your help testing to make sure these actions all work as intended and all you had to do was replace some strings to get them to work.

Edit the files in Notepad++ or another simple text editor that isn't Notepad. Follow the instructions in the files to replace values with what you have set up in your environment. I created two action files for you to use. The one called ISY-PreshowLights.cvaction will do what you outlined in steps 1 through 3, just set the right nodes in the action file. Add an Action Module to the very beginning of your sequence, and set it to use the ISY-PreshowLights.cvaction file. Then add another Action Module right before your Feature Module(s) and set it to use the ISY-FeatureLights.cvaction file. In the add-on configuration, you can also set action files for Pause/Resume/Abort as well. If you need help, let me know.

post #89 of 131 Old 12-17-2015, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'll be glad to test it out. I'm actually tinkering with it now.
post #90 of 131 Old 12-17-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
So it does that, but currently we don't have a working setting that mixes trailers from all sources. That's something we're working on adding in. We have other members who put two trailer modules side-by-side in their sequence to accomplish this. For example:

Trailer Module (Plays 2 local trailers) > Trailer Module (Plays 2 iTunes trailers) > Feature Presentation

Your suggestion worked for me. Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
add-on , cinemavision , kodi , xbmc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page