Guide: Building a 4K HTPC for madVR - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 940Likes

post #3421 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Question

Odd observation...

In madVR - calibration->this display is already calibrated->the display is calibrated to BT.709 = is displaying a much more colorful/vibrant image.

In madVR - calibration->this display is already calibrated->the display is calibrated to BT.2020 = makes the image look a touch flatter and less vibrant looking.

Using an Epson 5040 in Cinema mode, color space set to 2020, HDMI video range - normal, dynamic range set to auto.

Shouldn't that all be the other way around where choosing wider color gamut of BT2020 inside madVR produces a better/more colorful image than the BT709 gamut?

I've played around with different settings inside the Epson no matter how it is setup (image mode, color space, hdmi range, etc), choosing the BT709 gamut inside the calibration option in madVR provides the best colors. I've tried changing the nvidia gpu options (bit depth, output color format, output dynamic range, etc) and none of that changes anything either.

This is consistent in every single movie I've played now; which have been a lot.

I'd post up a screenshot of my settings if I were home on my setup...

Thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------
Source: HTPC w/madVR, Video: Epson 5040, 150" 16:9, Audio: Onkyo RZ 830 avr, 5.1.4 Atmos setup. 5 speaker Energy C Series: L/R C300's, C C-C100, SR/SL C50's, 4 in-ceiling Micca R-8c. Subwoofer: MiniMarty um18 w/NX3000D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
Odd observation...

In madVR - calibration->this display is already calibrated->the display is calibrated to BT.709 = is displaying a much more colorful/vibrant image.

In madVR - calibration->this display is already calibrated->the display is calibrated to BT.2020 = makes the image look a touch flatter and less vibrant looking.

Using an Epson 5040 in Cinema mode, color space set to 2020, HDMI video range - normal, dynamic range set to auto.

Shouldn't that all be the other way around where choosing wider color gamut of BT2020 inside madVR produces a better/more colorful image than the BT709 gamut?

I've played around with different settings inside the Epson no matter how it is setup (image mode, color space, hdmi range, etc), choosing the BT709 gamut inside the calibration option in madVR provides the best colors. I've tried changing the nvidia gpu options (bit depth, output color format, output dynamic range, etc) and none of that changes anything either.

This is consistent in every single movie I've played now; which have been a lot.

I'd post up a screenshot of my settings if I were home on my setup...

Thoughts?
No, it's not odd.

You said you have your projector set to BT.2020 color space which is a wider color gamut. If you output your content in BT.709 format, everything is going to be over-saturated if the projector is set to a wider color gamut than the output is formatted in.
post #3423 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
No, it's not odd.

You said you have your projector set to BT.2020 color space which is a wider color gamut. If you output your content in BT.709 format, everything is going to be over-saturated if the projector is set to a wider color gamut than the output is formatted in.
Ok.

Why does it look less color-rich when I output in BT2020 format (via calibration in madVR) though?

Source: HTPC w/madVR, Video: Epson 5040, 150" 16:9, Audio: Onkyo RZ 830 avr, 5.1.4 Atmos setup. 5 speaker Energy C Series: L/R C300's, C C-C100, SR/SL C50's, 4 in-ceiling Micca R-8c. Subwoofer: MiniMarty um18 w/NX3000D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3424 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ok.

Why does it look less color-rich when I output in BT2020 format (via calibration in madVR) though?
When you tell madVR that your display is calibrated to BT.709, madVR remaps all the colors in the video output to match up to BT.709 color coordinates on the visible color spectrum.

If you then set your display to BT.709 color space, all the colors will display correctly since the output format and the display format match color spaces and match color coordinates.

If you set madVR to BT.709 and then change your display's color gamut to BT.2020 all the colors will appear over-saturated and incorrect. This happens because the the color coordinates in the wider BT.2020 gamut are farther "out" on the color spectrum at more saturated positions.

Setting madVR to BT.2020 means that madVR will map all the colors from the source into BT.2020 color coordinates. If you set your display to BT.2020 color gamut then all the colors will display correctly.

If when you have madVR set to BT.2020 and then set your projector to BT.709 color space, you will then see under-saturated and incorrect colors. This happens because the the color coordinates in the smaller BT.709 gamut are farther "in" on the color spectrum at less saturated positions.

What's important is that you simply match up the color gamut setting in madVR with the color gamut mode you are using on the display. Either set both to BT.709, or set both to BT.2020.

Every display you can set both to BT.709 and color will be correct, though you will be giving up some of the wider colors that may be found in HDR content

On a display that is capable of displaying a wider color gamut than BT.709 (like DCI-P3) you should set both to BT.2020. This will take advantage of the wider color gamut that the display is capable of showing when playing content that actually has colors encoded in that part of the gamut (HDR content).

It's difficult for me to explain how different color gamuts will map colors without me knowing how much you understand about how gamuts work in general.

But to recap.

Setting the output and the display to the same color gamut will produce the correct color saturation.

Setting the display to a wider color gamut than the output will produce over-saturated colors.

Setting the display to a narrower color gamut than the output will produce under-saturated colors.
magicj1 likes this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 09-26-2019 at 11:30 AM.
post #3425 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
When you tell madVR that your display is calibrated to BT.709, madVR remaps all the colors in the video output to match up to BT.709 color coordinates on the visible color spectrum.

If you then set your display to BT.709 color space, all the colors will display correctly since the output format and the display format match color spaces and match color coordinates.

If you set madVR to BT.709 and then change your display's color gamut to BT.2020 all the colors will appear over-saturated and incorrect. This happens because the the color coordinates in the wider BT.2020 gamut are farther "out" on the color spectrum at more saturated positions.

Setting madVR to BT.2020 means that madVR will map all the colors from the source into BT.2020 color coordinates. If you set your display to BT.2020 color gamut then all the colors will display correctly.

If when you have madVR set to BT.2020 and then set your projector to BT.709 color space, you will then see under-saturated and incorrect colors. This happens because the the color coordinates in the smaller BT.709 gamut are farther "in" on the color spectrum at less saturated positions.

What's important is that you simply match up the color gamut setting in madVR with the color gamut mode you are using on the display. Either set both to BT.709, or set both to BT.2020.

Every display you can set both to BT.709 and color will be correct, though you will be giving up some of the wider colors that may be found in HDR content

On a display that is capable of displaying a wider color gamut than BT.709 (like DCI-P3) you should set both to BT.2020. This will take advantage of the wider color gamut that the display is capable of showing when playing content that actually has colors encoded in that part of the gamut (HDR content).

It's difficult for me to explain how different color gamuts will map colors without me knowing how much you understand about how gamuts work in general.

But to recap.

Setting the output and the display to the same color gamut will produce the correct color saturation.

Setting the display to a wider color gamut than the output will produce over-saturated colors.

Setting the display to a narrower color gamut than the output will produce under-saturated colors.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

"Setting the display to a wider color gamut than the output will produce over-saturated colors."

Is it wrong that I really prefer the over-saturated (incorrect) look?

I've watched a bunch of movies in this incorrect over-saturated setup and it looks great. I've never yet watched anything and been like "wow this doesn't look right, or the colors are strange...". Maybe this is a case of ignorance is bliss perhaps?

Last edited by DavidinGA; 09-26-2019 at 11:50 AM.
post #3426 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

I mean, nobody can tell you what settings to use for how you like it of course.

You can achieve similar results by increasing the "color" control in the menu as well. That control will add and remove saturation.
DavidinGA likes this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 09-26-2019 at 12:05 PM.
post #3427 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I mean, nobody can tell you what settings to use for how you like it of course.

You can achieve similar results by increasing the "color" control in the menu as well. That control will add and remove saturation.
I don't have a firm grasp on how everything does what it does behind the scenes, but it seems like if I add color through my Epson's menu I quickly find image problems appear. If I simply send a bt709 signal out from madVR to the epson (while it is in bt2020 color space) it seems to add a very nice boost in colors without any apparent issues (none that a novice like myself can point out).

Out of curiosity has anyone tried this themselves?

post #3428 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't have a firm grasp on how everything does what it does behind the scenes, but it seems like if I add color through my Epson's menu I quickly find image problems appear. If I simply send a bt709 signal out from madVR to the epson (while it is in bt2020 color space) it seems to add a very nice boost in colors without any apparent issues (none that a novice like myself can point out).

I am not familiar with how Epson's Color control works I suppose so it could be doing more.

What madVR build are you using? If you are using the latest test build 87, it doesn't handle color gamuts correctly and you should go back to build 86.

Do you have Lucy UHD?

Maybe take a picture of it with various combinations of color gamut and we might be able to tell you if something is not working correctly.

This is approximately how it should look:
https://i.imgur.com/hGngJH7.jpg

That's with madVR and my JVC both on BT.2020.
magicj1 likes this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 09-26-2019 at 12:43 PM.
post #3429 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I am not familiar with how Epson's Color control works I suppose so it could be doing more.

What madVR build are you using? If you are using the latest test build 87, it doesn't handle color gamuts correctly and you should go back to build 86.

Do you have Lucy UHD?

Maybe take a picture of it with various combinations of color gamut and we might be able to tell you if something is not working correctly.

This is approximately how it should look:
https://i.imgur.com/hGngJH7.jpg

That's with madVR and my JVC both on BT.2020.
Ok.

I have been using build 86.

I'll have to see if I have a chance to take some screenshots this weekend of something. I don't have Lucy. Maybe a scene from AquaMan or one of the Avengers or something...

What happens to your image if you switch madVR to 709 and leave your JVC on 2020?

post #3430 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
... On a display that is capable of displaying a wider color gamut than BT.709 (like DCI-P3) you should set both to BT.2020 ...
Quote:
But to recap:
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

But, this seems to imply that for optimal results we need to be constantly changing madVR color gamut based on the content we are viewing:
- When watching BT.709, we need to select BT.709 on madVR, and select a projector profile for BT.709
- When watching BT.2020, we need to select BT.2020 on madVR, and select a projector profile for BT.2020

Changing the profile on the projector is easy, just press a key.
But doing this on madVr would be a pain, as we would need to be constantly having to access it remotely to change the color gamut setting.

- Is there a way to do this on madVR by key, remote command, etc?
post #3431 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_2009 View Post
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

But, this seems to imply that for optimal results we need to be constantly changing madVR color gamut based on the content we are viewing:
- When watching BT.709, we need to select BT.709 on madVR, and select a projector profile for BT.709
- When watching BT.2020, we need to select BT.2020 on madVR, and select a projector profile for BT.2020

Changing the profile on the projector is easy, just press a key.
But doing this on madVr would be a pain, as we would need to be constantly having to access it remotely to change the color gamut setting.

- Is there a way to do this on madVR by key, remote command, etc?
You don't necessarily need to change the mode on madVR. If your display supports BT.2020 gamut then you can just leave madVR on BT.2020 and leave your display on BT.2020 and the color will be correct for both BT.709 and BT.2020 content.

This is because madVR will automatically remap BT.709 content to the correct coordinates within the larger BT.2020 gamut so that they will show as correct colors on a BT.2020 gamut display mode.

However, some displays like some projectors are dimmer in their BT.2020 gamut mode because they use an extra color filter to reach the wider gamut.

In this case if you want more brightness for your BT.709 content you would want to switch madVR along with your display mode both to BT.709.

Fortunately this is easy.

Simply create a profile group in madVR that includes 2 profiles with the "calibration" menu item. Set one of them to BT.709 and set the other to BT.2020.

Then make a profile group script that selects the correct profile based on the content being played.

You can do "if (hdr)" to check if the content should be played against BT.2020 vs BT.709. HDR content is all mastered for BT.2020 and SDR content is all mastered for BT.709.

Here is someone else's screenshot, but it shows a configuration that would accommodate this:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...4&d=1569510026

Just set the calibration tab option to BT.709 in the "1080p" profile and BT.2020 in the "2160p HDR" profile. And unlike the screenshot, you only need just the calibration menu item in each profile, not all the other menu items.
neo_2009 and magicj1 like this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 09-26-2019 at 02:34 PM.
post #3432 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You don't necessarily need to change the mode on madVR. If your display supports BT.2020 gamut then you can just leave madVR on BT.2020 and leave your display on BT.2020 and the color will be correct for both BT.709 and BT.2020 content.

This is because madVR will automatically remap BT.709 content to the correct coordinates within the larger BT.2020 gamut so that they will show as correct colors on a BT.2020 gamut display mode.

However, some displays like some projectors are dimmer in their BT.2020 gamut mode because they use an extra color filter to reach the wider gamut.

In this case if you want more brightness for your BT.709 content you would want to switch madVR along with your display mode both to BT.709.

Fortunately this is easy.

Simply create a profile group in madVR that includes 2 profiles with the "calibration" menu item. Set one of them to BT.709 and set the other to BT.2020.

Then make a profile group script that selects the correct profile based on the content being played.

You can do "if (hdr)" to check if the content should be played against BT.2020 vs BT.709. HDR content is all mastered for BT.2020 and SDR content is all mastered for BT.709.

Here is someone else's screenshot, but it shows a configuration that would accommodate this:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...4&d=1569510026

Just set the calibration tab option to BT.709 in the "1080p" profile and BT.2020 in the "2160p HDR" profile. And unlike the screenshot, you only need just the calibration menu item in each profile, not all the other menu items.
Perfect, i already have specific profiles for HDR and non HDR, i just need to include the settings for the color space, as you indicated.
Thank you very much.
post #3433 of 3726 Old 09-26-2019, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
Want to change the settings on the fly (dynamic tuning, no compression limit, and others), for testing, but with madvr knowing the file's info in advance.

What is the default scene detection settings, these ones? https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-ho...l#post58393616

What dynamic clipping/target nits tool? pandm1967's tool?
@Onkyoman

Took 4 screenshots with 4 different setups in one scene.
In attach, left to right:
LIVE algo
Soulnight's tool : Custom (Same as Preset 3, but with no compression limit 1), with dynamic clipping, FALL algo
Soulnight's tool : Custom (Same as Preset 3, but with no compression limit 1), without dynamic clipping, FALL algo
madMeasureHDR drag&drop

madvr HDR settings
Soulnight's tool settings

For the first 3: 87 real nits, 50 dynamic tuning.
The LIVE algo was the darkest.
Soulnight's two versions look the same, brighter than the LIVE algo.
madMeasureHDR is unnaturally bright.

While playing the file with the measurements from madMeasureHDR it's possible to get a change from modifying the real nits target, but not dynamic tuning, FALL threshold, LIVE's dynamic clipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
As a test case, I would create a measurement file external to Soulnight's tool by dragging and dropping the file onto madMeasureHDR and then optimize it with the dynamic clipping/dynamic target nits tool. The dynamic clipping feature is working much better with the measurement tool than the live tone mapping.
How is the madMeasureHDR measurement file optimized, except for Soulnight's tool?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LIVE.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2620438   Click image for larger version

Name:	Soulnight tool - with dynamic clipping.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2620440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Soulnight tool - without DN CL.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2620442   Click image for larger version

Name:	madmeasure.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2620444   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDR Settings LIVE.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	2620446  

Name:	Soulnight tool settings.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	2620448  

Last edited by noob00224; 09-26-2019 at 08:14 PM.
post #3434 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
@Onkyoman
How is the madMeasureHDR measurement file optimized, except for Soulnight's tool?
I was referring to Soulnight's tool. As you can see in your screenshots, there is quite a variation in how the target nits is chosen. I don't know what they might choose as the default method in the end. It seems to change on a regular basis.
noob00224 likes this.
post #3435 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:

I've been doing this for years on a panel and no reason a PJ won't produce the same results. Yes, there is a nice boost in colors. There is also a tradeoff. White balance is going to be limited. White interior walls in a room will have a green tinge for example. If you prefer the color pop more than correct colors, use BT.709 with display set at BT.2020. DCI-P3 is not going to produce the same saturation fwiw. Bumping up color on your display is not going to produce the same saturation. Although using a setting like this is not 'correct', if your eyes like it, who cares.

I use a little different approach than the screenshot supplied:

if (HDR) "BT.2020"
else "BT.709"

Single out the 'calibration' portion and create profile names for BT.2020 and BT.709. Set them respectively. You can also assign power curves in this tab if you desire to brighten/darken HDR vs SDR but I don't need to and haven't experimented much.

I also singled out the 'properties' portion for 10-bit and 8-bit using

If (deintFps <= 30) "10-bit"
else "8-bit"

although I use 8-bit for both and change this just for testing.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1903 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3&5 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
65JS8500 UHD HDR 3D / Denon S720W
post #3436 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
I also singled out the 'properties' portion for 10-bit and 8-bit using

If (deintFps <= 30) "10-bit"
else "8-bit"

although I use 8-bit for both and change this just for testing.
You shouldn't really change between 8 and 10-bit.

This should be set based on the capability of your actual display and to match what output you have set in your GPU output.

Even for SDR which is 8-bit content, madVR image processing is done in 16-bit color, and at the end will dither the 16-bit result down to the bit-depth you have set in the properties tab.
post #3437 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Liked: 461
it's pretty much proven that for the majority of TV 8 bit is the better choice and the Tv will produce less banding then with 10 bit because the processing is so flawed.

some PJ and "professional" monitors benefit from 10 bit unlike TVs.
post #3438 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
it's pretty much proven that for the majority of TV 8 bit is the better choice and the Tv will produce less banding then with 10 bit because the processing is so flawed.

some PJ and "professional" monitors benefit from 10 bit unlike TVs.
I agree, I think 8-bit output is all you really need from madVR and already produces an entirely banding-free image.

This should not downplay the importance of HDR being mastered and encoded in 10-bit (for the purposes of gamma, color space, and tone-mapping manipulations), but the final output to the display doesn't need to be 10-bit.

Last edited by SirMaster; 09-27-2019 at 09:49 AM.
post #3439 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
I've been doing this for years on a panel and no reason a PJ won't produce the same results. Yes, there is a nice boost in colors. There is also a tradeoff. White balance is going to be limited. White interior walls in a room will have a green tinge for example. If you prefer the color pop more than correct colors, use BT.709 with display set at BT.2020. DCI-P3 is not going to produce the same saturation fwiw. Bumping up color on your display is not going to produce the same saturation. Although using a setting like this is not 'correct', if your eyes like it, who cares.

Awesome, I knew someone had to have stumbled across this!

That's the same thing I found - increasing my projectors colors didn't have the same pop or impact and even using both madVR and the pj at 2020 produces a blander less colorful image.

It looks freaking amazing to me; so I plan to keep my settings incorrect from now on.

post #3440 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Is there any way to back up madVR settings?

Edit... worked it out. save 'BIN file'

Last edited by magicj1; 09-27-2019 at 11:30 AM.
post #3441 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 338
PowerDVD uses a similar setting for BT.709 in a BT.2020 display setting - TrueTheatre Color and TrueTheatre HDR fwiw. The intensity is also adjustable. Sometimes I use the first one for 3D and/or SDR when I desire menus or when Directors cut vs Theatrical playlists are problematic using madVR compatible players.

Also, if you're adjusting the power curve in that 'calibration' tab while adjusting the gamut in madVR, I think the best practice is to set the gamma luminance in your display first. I don't know how to match the power curve in madVR with the display gamma if in fact they are related? Probably need a meter.

To BU madVR, copy the settings.bin in the madVR folder. To apply it, don't forget to run as admin.
DavidinGA likes this.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1903 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3&5 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
65JS8500 UHD HDR 3D / Denon S720W
post #3442 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
I was referring to Soulnight's tool. As you can see in your screenshots, there is quite a variation in how the target nits is chosen. I don't know what they might choose as the default method in the end. It seems to change on a regular basis.
Why is the madMeasureHDR so much brighter?

Also how can threads be searched with multiple words?
post #3443 of 3726 Old 09-27-2019, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

The plain measurement files don't use a dynamic target nits. They only use the static real display peak nits entered in the control panel.
post #3444 of 3726 Old 09-28-2019, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post
Is there any way to back up madVR settings?

Edit... worked it out. save 'BIN file'

Are using a more recent version? I don't see a settings.bin in my madVR folder.

Thanks
post #3445 of 3726 Old 09-28-2019, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalhua View Post
Are using a more recent version? I don't see a settings.bin in my madVR folder.

Thanks
Version 86
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bin file.PNG
Views:	34
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	2620992  
post #3446 of 3726 Old 09-28-2019, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post
Version 86
Mine doesnt have one for some reason. I wonder if there is a way to create it?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #3447 of 3726 Old 09-28-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1555 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalhua View Post
Mine doesnt have one for some reason. I wonder if there is a way to create it?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Madvr needs to be in a directory a regular user can write to (not Program Files for example) otherwise the configuration is in the registry.
magicj1 likes this.
post #3448 of 3726 Old 09-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Simply create a profile group in madVR that includes 2 profiles with the "calibration" menu item.
I've tried to do this, but i'm not being able to create the second profile.
When i press "Add Profile", nothing happens:

If i try to duplicate the profile, i get an error:

EDIT: I just reinstalled MadVR, and the now i'm able to create 2 profiles, and the above error does not happen ...

Last edited by neo_2009; 09-28-2019 at 04:21 PM.
post #3449 of 3726 Old 09-29-2019, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey
I’m planning to get nas server (synology) BUT there some questions about that:

If I storage the movies in the nas can I run it by mpc or DVDfab or PDVD , I mean I wont my HTPC doing the process of the videos by his GPU and CPU

I don’t wont the nas doing this process because I need high quality process the files of UHD4k And Blu-ray movies and madVR by Mpc and HDR
post #3450 of 3726 Old 09-29-2019, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Yes, the NAS is just used for storage. It shares its files with your network.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
htpc build , madvr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page