Guide: Building a 4K HTPC for madVR - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 743Likes

post #601 of 2911 Old 12-03-2017, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
NGU sharp has really neutral results when upscaling none aliased source. this was multiply times proven by downscaling it with a reasonable scaler and upscaling it with NGU sharp. so using NGU sharp is a neutral way to upscale. the name doesn't sound like it but well it is as it is.

NGU AA is a very good choice for cartoon and anime where aliasing can be an issue NGU sharp can go a little bit well the wrong way. aliased CGI looked bad with NGU sharp too.
NGU sharp is bad with bad source with alot of compression artefacts RCA helps there but not always.
for a normal BD NGU sharp is a very save, neutral and most likely the best choice you have.
First of all thank you very much for your feedback. It's all clear but, last question, what if with High Quality 4K sources on 4K TV I want something a little less GPU stressing? I mean my GTX1070 handles 2160p on 2160p with NGU Sharp High it the 55/60% fan speed and 60/65% GPU load bothers me a bit, since I think that with this source quality and no image upscaling needed I can opt for silence and less GPU stressing over a little image improvement that with this source quality is indeed less needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 2911 Old 12-03-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked: 418
just don't super sample. chroma scaling should be nothing for this card and that's about everything it needs to do.
if you are doing HDR-> SDR conversation you can try to create a 3D LUT for it which is faster.
i personally never super sample.
post #603 of 2911 Old 12-03-2017, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
just don't super sample. chroma scaling should be nothing for this card and that's about everything it needs to do.
if you are doing HDR-> SDR conversation you can try to create a 3D LUT for it which is faster.
i personally never super sample.
Me neither and I don't make HDR > SDR I just go HDR passthrough and the TV correctly handles HDR.

So a part NGU Sharp High, with 4K > 4K, with the idea of stress less the GPU and reduce fan activity which one should I opt for chroma upscaling? XBR 100, Jinc, Lanczos or NGU AA ? Even if the last one actually need GPU as much as NGU Sharp High...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 2911 Old 12-04-2017, 02:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

try super XBR 100 or NGU AA mid just use the one that looks better to you.
post #605 of 2911 Old 12-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Ix
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Looking for recommendations; I have a large collection of ripped BD and a few ripped UHDs now. Trying to find a good mix of settings with the latest MadVR 0.92.10 and Kodi DSPlayer (I manage MadVR settings externally not inside Kodi):

CPU: Intel Coffee Lake i3 8100 (4 [email protected])
MB: MSI z370 Pro
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1080ti
8gb DDR4
Samsung 850 Pro SSD

JVC RS540 Projector (Eshift 5/4k)
Denon x4300h AVR

Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer 17.6

Thanks!
post #606 of 2911 Old 12-13-2017, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Upgrading HTPC - minimum specs for 4k OR...Long cable

There are several threads on this forum all asking similar things, so i'm sticking with the one with the most pages.
Apologies if there are crossovers with any other threads.

I was happily chugging along with a cheap htpc built in 2012, and madVR with average/medium settings, until i went and bought an oled 4k TV, stuck a UHD rip on via my laptop and was blown away by how amazing 4k is. The laptop could barely cope (6th gen i3).
But i have a htpc -

My current system:
i3 2105 w/intel HD3000 onboard graphics

obviously this won't work for 4k.

I have 2 options:
upgrade my HTPC.
or.

run a very long cable at least 6-8metres long from my main gaming pc (i7 5820k, gtx 1070 juggernaut etc...) to the TV.
my GPU has 4 outputs - 2 for 2 monitors, 1 for VR, so the 4th one could be for the TV.

can i just get a 10m long HDMI cable or does distance affect anything? might be a really dumb question, i'd have thought not.
If not...... can i just pop a dedicated GPU into my i3 2105 htpc and fix the issue? and if yes...what minimum GPU do i need?

scouring the threads i've seen all sorts of opinions, i just want to know what the spec sheet needs to say for a gpu to ensure that I can run 4k UHD rips (or from a disc drive eventually) with average/medium settings in madVR?

I don't stream content ever.
post #607 of 2911 Old 12-13-2017, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

your old HTPC upgraded with a 1050 ti should work totally fine.
using HDMI cables over 2 meter can easily result in issues so avoid that if possible.
post #608 of 2911 Old 12-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Ix
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ix View Post
Looking for recommendations; I have a large collection of ripped BD and a few ripped UHDs now. Trying to find a good mix of settings with the latest MadVR 0.92.10 and Kodi DSPlayer (I manage MadVR settings externally not inside Kodi):

CPU: Intel Coffee Lake i3 8100 (4 [email protected])
MB: MSI z370 Pro
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1080ti
8gb DDR4
Samsung 850 Pro SSD

JVC RS540 Projector (Eshift 5/4k)
Denon x4300h AVR

Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer 17.6

Thanks!
For anyone else: I figured this out. Probably why I didn't get an answer originally as the knowledge is out there.

Asmodian's semi-famous (certainly frequently cited) post on Doom9 is kept up to date with MadVR releases:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171787

And describes all the options in good detail. Better yet Asmodian includes several profiles (also kept up to date with new versions of MadVR) that you can download and import which cover a good gamut of setups. For the 1080ti I picked the "high quality" profile, loaded it, and then modified for my JVC display (custom refresh rates, mostly). Those profiles are a great place to start because they include the different modes for various resolutions, which I was searching for - seeing them already configured makes it a lot easier to tweak as needed for your particular setup.

My UHD and BD rips have never looked so good.
Nexgen76 likes this.
post #609 of 2911 Old 12-15-2017, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
your old HTPC upgraded with a 1050 ti should work totally fine.
using HDMI cables over 2 meter can easily result in issues so avoid that if possible.

well, i just tried to bypass my HTPC by simply running a HDMI cable from my master PC to my TV's ARC, which is hooked up to the AV receiever for audio only.
And now i have a new problem.
master pc has a 1070.
The problem - windows see's the tv as a stereo device, not 5.1. so i'm not getting any surround sound.
and now i'm back to square one. Bloody brilliant.

so now i'm going to buy a 4k enabled AV receiever, go back to my previous setup, and hopefully windows 10 will recognise the AV receiever as a surround sound device.

otherwise i'm again back to square one, and will have to stick a 1050ti in as well.
post #610 of 2911 Old 12-15-2017, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

an ARC back channel thingy is very limited and i don't know what type your systme is uing and i don't care about ARV in general.
there are way to work around this they are usually not pleased.

dual cabling.
PC-> AVR -> TV and PC->TV at the same time. this way you can set the AVR as a audio enc point and you can send the image directly to the TV.
alternative bit streaming it to the Tv and hope the TV can bitsream the 5.1 using ARC but this only works with stuff you can bitstream.
post #611 of 2911 Old 01-09-2018, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 1372
Madvr HDR to SDR new functionalities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
4K HDR to SDR Madvr Implementation
Hi Madshi, happy new year!

I have been thinking lately while watching 4K HDR movies on my projector how to improve HDR "pop" on a low brightness projector.
Below my quoted old idea which you did not like for good reasons.

Based on that feedback and my user experience, here here is my new idea:

1) A bit complicated but nice
I am using the HDR to SDR shader math mapping with a 300nits target, with dynamic compression of the highlights up to the peak luminance of each image.

What I have noticed is very often only a few pixels in the image are reaching this peak luminance (let's say 1000nits), but most of the highlights (let's say 90% of the pixel above 300nits) are still below 600nits.

So Madvr is compressing the pixels between 300nits to 1000nits in order to NOT clip ANY pixels, even it's only a few. But doing so, most of the pixels are compressed heavily in the process, for those few.

I would propose to give the user a choice for setting "a dynamic clipping nits limit" in "percent" of the number of pixels above "this display target nits".
This "P=percentage clipping value" (in our example 90%) would be used like this:
- T= total number of pixels above "the display target nits" (in our example 300nits)
- C= cumulated number of pixel above 300nits sorted by increasing nits
- When C/T=P=90%, then select accordingly the clipping value. (in our example, 90% of the pixels above 300nits are below 600nits).

In another word, we are looking for the NITS level of the P=% Quantil for the pixels above "this display target nits"

Use the new calculated clipping value instead of "the measured peak luminance".

Advantages:

- Most of pixels composing the highlights above the "soft clipping" have now a better differenciation and the HDR effect will be more pronounced
- Good use of Madvr looking at each single pixel nits

Disadvantage: A certain amount of pixel is now clipped but it should be small enough not to impact the image quality negatively

2) Very simple but less nice
-->provide the user an input box to define a hard coded "clipping limit.
You would then have:
1) the soft clipping point / this display target nits = 300nits
2) the clipping limit = 600nits for example
Everything above 600nits gets clipped.
Everything between 300 and 600 nits gets compressed up to the peak luminance of the said picture
Below 300nits: nothing touched

Of course you could implement both. :-)

Also: could you add in the information displayed under "CTrl+Y" so that we have those 4:
- chosen value for "this display target nits" (above example 300nits)
- average nits of the picture
- maximum peak luminance in nits (above example 1000nits)
- Nits Number for of the 90% cumulated number of pixel ranked by increased brightness between "this display target nits" and "peak luminance" (in the above example 600nits). In another word the Nits level for the 90% Quantil of the pixels above "this display target nits".

Thank you a lot!
I know I am asking a lot and I hope Masvr V1.0 comes soon so that I can give a least a bit back to you.

Viele Grüße,
Florian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnight View Post
Hello Madshi,

Point 1)
I am a very happy user of Madvr, especially for 4K Upscaling of my favorite bluray via NGU. Thank you so much!

Point 2)
I have been recently also using your HDR to SDR (DCI-P3) shader math implementation with my projector Epson EH-LS10000 which can be perfectly calibrated to DCI-P3 D65.
I started using 400nits as "this display's peak nits" and it looked very nice.

However, I also noticed that for some portion of the HDR videos, the avg frame HDR peak luminance measured by Madvr (seen with Ctrl+Y) was lower than that. Sometimes, it even gets lower that 120nits for a longer period of time.

I created some keyboard combination shortcuts to quickly be able to change from 120nits to 1000nits.
As I result, I can clearly see that the user would get better brightness and HDR quality, if the display peak nits could be dynamicly based on what peak luminance madvr measure.

Could you implement something like this?

Maybe:
- use display peak nits as long as maximum frame peak luminance does not get below.
- if peak luminance get below, use peak luminance as new "display's peak nit"

Or something even smarter that you could come up with. I think there is much more to be gained from Madvr analysing each frame luminance as what is currently implemented. (maybe something based on the area of a luminance above a certain level...)

4) Again, thank you for your hard work on your free time. Madvr is a wonderful tool. I hope you can bring those ideas to real life. This would certainly be a huge improvement for all projector users with low nits (<100nits) output.

Florian

Last edited by Soulnight; 01-09-2018 at 11:25 AM.
post #612 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 456 Post(s)
Quoted: 2330 Post(s)
Liked: 3002
Quote:
1) A bit complicated but nice
I am using the HDR to SDR shader math mapping with a 300nits target, with dynamic compression of the highlights up to the peak luminance of each image.

What I have noticed is very often only a few pixels in the image are reaching this peak luminance (let's say 1000nits), but most of the highlights (let's say 90% of the pixel above 300nits) are still below 600nits.

So Madvr is compressing the pixels between 300nits to 1000nits in order to NOT clip ANY pixels, even it's only a few. But doing so, most of the pixels are compressed heavily in the process, for those few.

I would propose to give the user a choice for setting "a dynamic clipping nits limit" in "percent" of the number of pixels above "this display target nits".
This "P=percentage clipping value" (in our example 90%) would be used like this:
- T= total number of pixels above "the display target nits" (in our example 300nits)
- C= cumulated number of pixel above 300nits sorted by increasing nits
- When C/T=P=90%, then select accordingly the clipping value. (in our example, 90% of the pixels above 300nits are below 600nits).

In another word, we are looking for the NITS level of the P=% Quantil for the pixels above "this display target nits"

Use the new calculated clipping value instead of "the measured peak luminance".
Not a bad idea at all. Two problems:

1) It's more difficult to implement than the current measurement because I'd have to measure a full histogramm, which is harder to do with simple pixel or compute shaders than the current very simple measurement.
2) Any additional user option makes things harder to understand for the average user. Especially if the new option is cryptic. How would the average user understand "percent of the number of pixels above the display target nits"?

But I'll add this idea to my list of things to look at. Maybe I can come up with something that either needs no additional user options, or can be explained to the user in such a way that he's not confused.
mobius and Soulnight like this.
post #613 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not a bad idea at all.
Glad that you like it!
You could just put an option named "increase highlights HDR strength".
And use internally a hard coded value of 90% of unclipped "highlights" pixels.

Questions:

1) The current "average nits" displayed in Ctrl+Y, it is the " average peak nits over 1s"?

2) In the option: this display is already calibrated in, you have listed "DCI-P3"
-->Is that DCI-P3 with D63 white (theater norm) or DCI-P3 D65 with D65 white (Video norm)
-->Could you please provide both options? This is I believe only little "add gamut coordinate" on your part but would be a huge help for many of us.

3) Not really a question but I would really appreciate if you could fix:
" command line to execute when this profile is activated"
We could do so many great things with that! :-)

4) And a simple question for the last:
-->how to copy the profiles made under a device 1 to a device 2 in madvr settings for:
-calibration
-display mode
-hdr
I ask that because I have been providing my setting.bin file of Madvr to other user to help them out, but they had to create all of the profiles under display manually because they would be apply to my own device name, and not to theirs.

Thank you,
Florian
-
post #614 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1) The current "average nits" displayed in Ctrl+Y, it is the " average peak nits over 1s"?
It's some sort of rolling average over multiple video frames, don't remember how many.

Quote:
2) In the option: this display is already calibrated in, you have listed "DCI-P3"
-->Is that DCI-P3 with D63 white (theater norm) or DCI-P3 D65 with D65 white (Video norm)
-->Could you please provide both options? This is I believe only little "add gamut coordinate" on your part but would be a huge help for many of us.
It's D65. Supporting D63 is not as easy as it sounds. Currently all supported gamuts have D65 whitepoint. If I add support for other whitepoints, I would also have to do implement chromatic adaption algorithms.

Quote:
3) Not really a question but I would really appreciate if you could fix:
" command line to execute when this profile is activated"
We could do so many great things with that! :-)
It's already implemented in v0.92.11, which I've just released a couple minutes ago.

Quote:
4) And a simple question for the last:
-->how to copy the profiles made under a device 1 to a device 2 in madvr settings for
It's currently not possible, unfortunately. These kind of things seem simple and easy, but actually implementing them can cost a lot of time, so not planned any time soon, I'm sorry.
post #615 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's already implemented in v0.92.11, which I've just released a couple minutes ago.

Going right away to my home-theater to test the *bat macro I created which should drive the projector in the right mode based on SDR or HDR.

Thank you so much for that.
Christmas after christmas.

And do not apologize for anything you can't do because of time constraint.
We really are lucky to have you and Madvr.

Quote:
It's D65. Supporting D63 is not as easy as it sounds. Currently all supported gamuts have D65 whitepoint. If I add support for other whitepoints, I would also have to do implement chromatic adaption algorithms.
Ok. I thought you already said so in the past that is was DCI D65 and so I calibrated my projector Epson EH-LS10000 with really excellent 2DLUT tracking.
However yesterday I generated a 3DLUT SDR Gamma 2.2 REC2020 to be even more precise. To my surprise using this display is already calibrated in DCI-P3 delivers a picture slighty warmer than the 3DLUT and pushing slightly more the red and green. Therefore I concluded that somehow I had mistaken and you meant DCI-P3 D63 which would explain what I observe.

Questions:
-->Could you provide the DCI-P3 D65 coordinate that you used so that I can compare with the DCI-P3 D65 of the chromapure software?
-->Is there any reason why the colors measured with HCFR standard patches are so very slightly (consistenly) different from what I measure with MadTPG pattern generator?

Thx,
Florian
post #616 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
-->Could you provide the DCI-P3 D65 coordinate that you used so that I can compare with the DCI-P3 D65 of the chromapure software?
0.6800, 0.3200,
0.2650, 0.6900,
0.1500, 0.0600,

Quote:
-->Is there any reason why the colors measured with HCFR standard patches are so very slightly (consistenly) different from what I measure with MadTPG pattern generator?
madTPG gets floating point numbers from whichever software controls it, and just draws them as it, without any color conversion, but with proper dithering. Possible reasons for differences could be lack of dithering in HCFR??? I've no idea if HCFR dithers or not. Or maybe different TV vs PC levels settings? But different levels should result in much bigger differences than "very slightly", of course.
post #617 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So I have just tested the macro commad and it works... but not yet fully like I wanted to use it.

As you said in the notes: only gets activated on switch... but not on first activation of the profile right when the movie begins and madvr choose my "HDR" profile for example.

Could you add that?
Thank you,
Florian

Last edited by Soulnight; 01-15-2018 at 10:35 AM.
post #618 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It works for me on first activation - but only when there are rules which select it. Is that the case? Or do you not have any rules and you do the selection yourself?
post #619 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It works for me on first activation - but only when there are rules which select it. Is that the case? Or do you not have any rules and you do the selection yourself?
I do have rules (a lot of them even) and here I have one profile for REC709 and one for HDR which are both being adressed properly with those rules.
But upon opening the movie with MPC-BE, Madvr selects (as always) the correct profile but does not call the batch linked there.
If I use shortcut and call anther profile with a batch it works, if I come back to the correct profile containing the batch, it works again.

Only on opening.

Last edited by Soulnight; 01-15-2018 at 11:42 AM.
post #620 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Strange, I spent a lot of extra time to make sure it was all working properly, and it did for me. Maybe something broke again, or maybe there's something special about your settings. Can you please make your settings.bin available, with the batch file references?
post #621 of 2911 Old 01-15-2018, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Strange, I spent a lot of extra time to make sure it was all working properly, and it did for me. Maybe something broke again, or maybe there's something special about your settings. Can you please make your settings.bin available, with the batch file references?
Sure, here you go: I just put it in a zip archive because it would not allow me to attach a *.bin file.
Sorry to hear that even through your great care something does not work as expected.

Thanks!

ps: please ignore the mess with the 2 new profiles with 3dlut. They are only called on shortcut currently as we are comparing:
1) HDR to SDR with pixel shader math with"this display is already calibrated" in " DCI-P3 D65 Gamma 2.2"
2) HDR to SDR with pixel shader math with a 3DLUT for rec2020 SDR Gamma 2.2
3) HDR to SDR with 3DLUT for 300nits (it tooks the spot of our 400nits shortcut )
Attached Files
File Type: zip settings.zip (16.5 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Soulnight; 01-15-2018 at 11:40 AM.
post #622 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've tried reproducing the problem here, but I can't. It seems to work just fine for me. FWIW, I've only left the "Full HD 3D", "4K SDR" and "4K HDR" profiles in the settings, removed all else. Then I've replaced your command lines with simple batch files, e.g. "C:\4K SDR.bat" and "C:\4K HDR.bat", and in the HDR batch file I've done "start notepad.exe" and in the SDR batch file "start calc.exe". And now when starting an SDR file with MPC-HC, notepad starts up. And when starting an HDR file, calc.exe starts up. So it works perfectly for me.

FWIW, I've done some small tweaks before I tested this. Maybe the tweaks helped. Here's the download of the version I was testing with:

http://madshi.net/madVR9211b.rar
Soulnight likes this.
post #623 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've tried reproducing the problem here, but I can't. It seems to work just fine for me. FWIW, I've only left the "Full HD 3D", "4K SDR" and "4K HDR" profiles in the settings, removed all else. Then I've replaced your command lines with simple batch files, e.g. "C:\4K SDR.bat" and "C:\4K HDR.bat", and in the HDR batch file I've done "start notepad.exe" and in the SDR batch file "start calc.exe". And now when starting an SDR file with MPC-HC, notepad starts up. And when starting an HDR file, calc.exe starts up. So it works perfectly for me.

FWIW, I've done some small tweaks before I tested this. Maybe the tweaks helped. Here's the download of the version I was testing with:

http://madshi.net/madVR9211b.rar
Sound promising. Thanks for investigating. Going to test right away. One difference: we are using mpc-be instead of mpc-hc.

Btw. I checked the Chroma DCi-P3 D65 and they align (as we could expect) with yours.
post #624 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've tried reproducing the problem here, but I can't.
Ok. After many experiment, I can tell you this: yes it works on opening... for a batch file for opening the notepad or shutting down the computer...

BUT not for the batch which controls the harmony remote...
Which make no sense because if you open the said batch manually, it does work. If you change to another profile, and comes back to the original profile, it works as well.

But on opening a movie, it never works. The batch does not get called at all for some strange reason.

I have copied the folder in which I call the batch which calls a function in the said folder.
Please put the folder on the root of your C drive.
Inside you will find a batch which if you click on it should open a cmd windows and try to connect itself to a harmony hub. It will stay open because you don't have one.

Now: try to call the same batch from a profile in madvr on startup with debug mode and you will probably find the reason of this mystery ;-)

ps: the file is too big so i sent it per email to [email protected] with "subject": "Madvr batch file on start"
post #625 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got no file yet. If you can't get it sent, RAR it with file name + content encryption, then remove the file extension. That way Gmail won't find anything to complain.

BTW, are you also the user who reported this issue on my bug tracker? Or is that another user?
post #626 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Got no file yet. If you can't get it sent, RAR it with file name + content encryption, then remove the file extension. That way Gmail won't find anything to complain.

BTW, are you also the user who reported this issue on my bug tracker? Or is that another user?
Just sent it again as a zip file where I cutted out the zip extension. Did not do content encryption though.

I am not that User but I believe he reported this after I reported in a french forum my issue.
post #627 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Still didn't receive the email. Now please don't try to encrypt zip. Instead please do exactly what I asked, otherwise it will fail. Or alternatively upload it to some file host.
post #628 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just sent it again the way you suggested from my gmail address. You were correct that even without extension, gmail would block the attach file is not password protected...
post #629 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Trying to run your Epson batch file results in "The command "node" is either written incorrectly or could not be found".

Try using "c:\" and "cd something" in the batch to define a specific working directory, maybe that helps. It's likely to be something simple like that. In any case, if a batch with "start notepad.exe" works, and a batch with your own command line does not work, then the problem is very very very very likely not madVR's fault. I can't really do much more than run a batch file. If the batch file doesn't do what you expect then that's not my responsibility...

FWIW, madVR starts the command line in "hidden" state, so you can't necessarily expect a command prompt to actually show up. It might just fail silently.
post #630 of 2911 Old 01-16-2018, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Trying to run your Epson batch file results in "The command "node" is either written incorrectly or could not be found".

Try using "c:\" and "cd something" in the batch to define a specific working directory, maybe that helps. It's likely to be something simple like that. In any case, if a batch with "start notepad.exe" works, and a batch with your own command line does not work, then the problem is very very very very likely not madVR's fault. I can't really do much more than run a batch file. If the batch file doesn't do what you expect then that's not my responsibility...

FWIW, madVR starts the command line in "hidden" state, so you can't necessarily expect a command prompt to actually show up. It might just fail silently.
Sorry, I forgot to tell you to install "node". Of course the batch works for us as a standalone without madvr. And it even works as I wrote earlier if switching profile in Madvr.
I would never bother you to fix something which was broken on my part to begin with.

The batch file with "node" programm for harmony hub control is healthy and works.
And we actually did have "cd c:\" in the original batch, which also worked as a standalone.
It was just the final test. mayking things as simple as possible because we we worried that maybe Madvr did not like a script with cd **, but that did not solve it.

So: the batch file does exactly do what we expect. If opened, the harmony hub calls our projector and navigate though the menu by itself. It's a great thing to see :-)

Last edited by Soulnight; 01-16-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
htpc build , madvr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page