Turtle Beach SPDIF USB. Shows 5.1 but Stereo - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-18-2016, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Turtle Beach SPDIF USB. Shows 5.1 but Stereo

I'm using a MS Surface 1.0 as an HTPC so that I can miracast to a PicoAir and get 5.1 via TOSLink SPDIF via Turtle Beach.

I'm using Media Center Classic to playback a DVD. Things seem to be working fine meaing I've been able to get the receiver to see the digital signal and it even lights up all of the separate channels. However, it's only playing two channels? Displays Stereo on the receiver.

I go to Sound/Playback/Configure and have set the 5.1 configuration test and send a sound signal L, R, C ect. and the sound only plays via the L, R. Note, it only allows me to do that in the Speaker Device Icon, not the SPDIF Digital Out Icon.

I've got the TB hooked up via the Digital Out device. I turned on SPDIF output on the Media Player Classic. TB device has a check box on the DD and DTS formats. In Advance I have 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). I don't see an option for multi channel. I also have sub out off since I don't have a sub connected.

Any thoughts on how I can get the 5.1 working?

Regards,

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Sounds like it's not bitsreaming, which you'll have to do to get 5.1 channels over toslink. There's a setup guide here to show you what to do in mpc-hc.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-hom...tup-guide.html
post #3 of 3 Old 04-24-2016, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
Sounds like it's not bitsreaming, which you'll have to do to get 5.1 channels over toslink. There's a setup guide here to show you what to do in mpc-hc.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-hom...tup-guide.html
Thanks for the suggestion. Turns out I had things working fine on the PC side, I just needed to make an adjustment on the receiver side. I had it setup to pro logic, DPL II and this was causing the issue. When I flipped the mode on the receiver I was able to find DD. I thought I had tried that the first go around, but the setting was under a different menu. Happily the Turtle beach is working fine for pass thru mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page