Intel NUC running Win 10 does not have sound on two connected TVs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-09-2016, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Intel NUC running Win 10 does not have sound on two connected TVs

Hello all,
I recently bought a new Intel NUC NUC5i5RYK HTPC 5th Generatio, running windows 10, I connected two TVs to it, one through mini HDMI and the other through the mini DisplayPort, I duplicate the screen view so I will see the same thing on both TVs.
The problem is that I can hear sound on only one of the TVs, I looked under volume Mixer, I can see that windows does recognize both TVs but under applications only one TV recognize system sound.
under sound menu only one of the TVs is marked as default.

Even when one of the TVs is off, I will not get sound on the TV that is not marked as default.

Is there a way to get sound on both TVs? or at least have sound on one of the TV that is not marked as default under sound while the default TV is off?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-09-2016, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaldaag View Post
Hello all,
I recently bought a new Intel NUC NUC5i5RYK HTPC 5th Generatio, running windows 10, I connected two TVs to it, one through mini HDMI and the other through the mini DisplayPort, I duplicate the screen view so I will see the same thing on both TVs.
The problem is that I can hear sound on only one of the TVs, I looked under volume Mixer, I can see that windows does recognize both TVs but under applications only one TV recognize system sound.
under sound menu only one of the TVs is marked as default.

Even when one of the TVs is off, I will not get sound on the TV that is not marked as default.

Is there a way to get sound on both TVs? or at least have sound on one of the TV that is not marked as default under sound while the default TV is off?

thanks.
No
post #3 of 4 Old 10-10-2016, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 369
You can connect an analog audio cable to the front and run that to one of the displays. All NUCs have two audio chips, one for digital and one for analog. The analog is the one with the headphone output and the digital one is built into the GPU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-10-2016, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
You can connect an analog audio cable to the front and run that to one of the displays. All NUCs have two audio chips, one for digital and one for analog. The analog is the one with the headphone output and the digital one is built into the GPU.
But your media player will only output to one device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
hdmi , intel nuc , mini displayport , sound , television

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page