Optimal Settings for MadVR for each video card - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #1 of 31 Old 02-07-2017, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Optimal Settings for MadVR for each video card

I couldn't find anaythingon the innerwebs, or in AVS, so I thought I would start a thread and see if it goes anywhere. I recently purchased a MSI Armor OC GTX 1070 video card and I'm playing with my MadVR settings in Kodi (uses DSPlayer as the default player). I thought this would be a good place for people to list their gear and the settings that they like the most for MadVR. It would be a pretty valuable reference for those who want to save time when playing with settings. I think the folowing format:

MadVR version:
Display:
Video Card:
MadVR settings 720p:
MadVR settings 1080p:
MadVR settings xxxxp:

would be a good start.

Any suggestions or contributions would be greatly appreciated.
fitbrit and rickcfer like this.

Last edited by JDontee; 02-07-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 02-07-2017, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

MadVR version:
Display:
Epson 8350 projector
Video Card:
MSI Armour OC GTX 1070
MadVR settings 720p and SD:
Video settings
Deinterlace only pixels in the frame center checked
Dithering - error diffusion 1 (no patterns)(dx11), use color noise checked, changer dither for every frame checked
Smooth motion - always
Scaling Algorithms
Chroma upscaling - NNEDI3 (32 neurons), anti-ringing checked
Image Upscaling - Jinc, anti-ringing checked, scale in sigmoidal light checked
Image downscaling - SSIM 1D (strength 100)
Double Luma Resolution - NNEDI3 (64 neurons), scaling condition - always if upscaling is needed
Double Chroma resolutions - NNEDI3 (64 neurons), scaling condition - always if upscaling is needed
Sharpen Edges (up refinement) checked with 0.8 strength
Crispen Edges (up refinement) checked with 0.8 strength
Thin Edges (up refinement) checked with 0.8 strength
Sharpen anti-ringing (up refinement) checked
MadVR settings 1080p:
Video settings
Deinterlace only pixels in the frame center checked
Dithering - error diffusion 1 (no patterns)(dx11), use color noise checked, changer dither for every frame checked
Smooth motion - always
Scaling Algorithms
Chroma upscaling - NNEDI3 (64 neurons), anti-ringing checked
Image Upscaling - Jinc, anti-ringing checked, scale in sigmoidal light checked
Image downscaling - SSIM 1D (strength 100)
Sharpen Edges (up refinement) checked with 0.8 strength
Crispen Edges (up refinement) checked with 0.8 strength
Thin Edges (up refinement) checked with 0.8 strength
Sharpen anti-ringing (up refinement) checked

Based on feedback and tweaking as time goes, I will edit this post. If I get new gear, I'll just add a new post.

Last edited by JDontee; 02-07-2017 at 11:28 AM.
post #3 of 31 Old 02-07-2017, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 611 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3791 Post(s)
Liked: 3588
I'll be curious to see what settings other users of AMD owners have found to be reliable with MadVR - specifically High Quality Red October with MadVR on JRiver. Time after time, JRiver update, or AMD driver update after update ---- my playback settings cause JRiver to crash or clips to run slow/herky jerky. Same for Kodi. Talk about a lesson in frustration. When it works it looks REALLY good! ((2)Fury X - Crossfire, I7-4770K, 16GB RAM)

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 02-07-2017, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 1856
Just an FYI that the current madVR version is 91.5 and many of the settings have changed and some of the interface has been simplified.

@Archaea - Are you using the madVR statistics to monitor the playback buffers and whether frames are dropped or repeated? This is the only way to be able to properly set the options for no frame drop/repeats ever during a viewing session.

Ponderosa Theater
High Impact AV
- ISF Level III Video Calibrator, THX-HAA HT3 Audio Designer/Calibrator
post #5 of 31 Old 02-07-2017, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 515
post #6 of 31 Old 02-08-2017, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Once you find something that works, I'd recommend against upgrading your video drivers or JRiver version (unless there is a fix you actually need). I have an NVidia card and stopped bothering as it seems like they have new drivers every week or two (with regressions too often for me). No loss if you don't have that driver optimization for a game that came out today. Well, unless you game a lot

-tm
JeffR1 likes this.
post #7 of 31 Old 02-10-2017, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millst View Post
Once you find something that works, I'd recommend against upgrading your video drivers or JRiver version (unless there is a fix you actually need). I have an NVidia card and stopped bothering as it seems like they have new drivers every week or two (with regressions too often for me). No loss if you don't have that driver optimization for a game that came out today. Well, unless you game a lot

-tm
I''ve updated my video drivers several times but kept the same madvr version. i haven't had issues after updating the video drivers. did you? or was it when you updated madvr, or both?
post #8 of 31 Old 02-10-2017, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Yes, around last September or so there was a release or two that totally broke madVR for me. I always keep a version or two back so it wasn't a big deal to revert. Nonetheless, it was a hassle and interrupted my movie. I follow the doom9 madVR thread and things come up from time to time.

Again, why upgrade? Why spend your time? What's the benefit? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only time I've really felt compelled was one of the releases that actually made security improvements to the driver, but those are rare.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/...ormance_review

TL;DR driver releases hardly impact performance

Upgrading madVR is a different story since madshi regularly makes improvements and adds algorithms. Those releases can go either way of course.

-tm
post #9 of 31 Old 02-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
OP - you realize madshi has released NGU for quite some time. Please don't use "optimal" setting with these antiquated settings. You took the time out to hash out all that detail just to make the internet upset?
post #10 of 31 Old 02-15-2017, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymarker View Post
OP - you realize madshi has released NGU for quite some time. Please don't use "optimal" setting with these antiquated settings. You took the time out to hash out all that detail just to make the internet upset?
Thanks for your contribution!
post #11 of 31 Old 08-01-2017, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 4
GTX 1050 - Madvr
For everyone thinking about buying a powerful graphics card and unsure if the expenditure will be worth it: I have an entry level GTX 1050 and it works really great for all of my needs (I mostly watch anime, do not play any games, or have any need for 4k sources, right now, which look great using madvr pass through, anyway). With just the i7 GPU I was unable to use very high madvr settings (did not like to upscale to 4K). I purchased the GTX 1050 for only $100 and it is a major upgrade. 1080p sources on my 4K TV look far better than they ever looked on my previous 1080p TV. Madvr upscales so well, that 1080p looks like 4k.
Samsung KU7500 (65" 4K)/GTX 1050 (2 GB)/i7 4790K/16 GB Ram/Pioneer Elite SC-81 (pass-through)
Settings for 1080p anime (1080p usually looks much better than 720p sources on my TV and yes, I realize that anime is actually filmed in 720p and just upscaled to 1080p)
Nvidia Control Panel: 2160p/23Hz/Full Output
KU7500: Motion Plus: Custom/Judder-10
Madvr: full output/10 bit/no calibration/automatic activate deinterlacing-if in doubt deactivate/no artifact removal/image enhancements: sharpen edges+thin edges+adaptive sharpen (usually around 1.5+3.5+1.0 with good quality source - I love thin edges with anime)/chroma upscaling-ngu sharp, low; image upscaling-luma-ngu sharp, high/all other: let madvr decide/ordered dithering; for 720p sources: bicubic catmul chroma and ngu low or med luma quadrupling;
These settings work much better than if Nvidia is set to 1080p as Madvr upscales far better than my Samsung TV. A few 1080p and 720p sources do require lower chroma/luma settings which does not seem to degrade the picture quality, or not very much; Kimi no na wa, is rendered perfectly and without any need of SVP, which will not work, with very high settings and is not needed, with the Samsung's Motion settings. Also, SVP produced too many artifacts. I use only 64 bit madvr and mpc-hc and lav filters and have no need for reclock, either. Rendering is usually in the high 30's and a repeated frame usually occurs about every 4-5 minutes (I do not notice this). No dropped frames of course which is always my basic requirement. Maybe not perfect,but i am not sure what could look any better.
What I would like to express is that there is no need to have a powerful graphics card for watching anime or even regular video. I am unsure if having a GTX 1060, or 1070, would improve, what is already a beautiful, smooth picture. Still, I would like to test this out sometime. If you have any suggestions for alternative settings , or questions, please go ahead and let me know, or ask me. I have only been using madvr for a few months and it has been the best thing ever to happen to my anime viewing. Thank you very much, Madvr!
post #12 of 31 Old 08-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 20
But the challenge for GTX 1050 is 4K output of 4K sources because of 2GB VRAM, no problem with 1080p sources.
Here is the result of VRAM usage by GTX 1050ti from a guy in doom9 forum:
Quote:
I've tried DSR and here is the VRAM usage I find in 2160p, with DXVA Native:

EVR: 1105 MB
EVR-CP, render queue 5: 1775 MB
madVR (my custom settings): 2480 MB
madVR shortest render queue: 1988 MB.

So EVR is fine, MPC-HC's EVR-CP is still alright but approaching the limit.
post #13 of 31 Old 08-02-2017, 12:48 AM

Gtx 1050 4k

The gtx 1050, has major limitations, when it comes to some 4K material. 2 GB of ram is not enough to use madvr, at anything but the very lowest settings, when the 4K material is 60fps and some higher bit rate sources, not at all. Less, or no madvr = less quality. The ideal, would be to upscale the source 4K image and then downscale, letting madvr, do it's magic, with high settings. A 3 GB gtx 1060, would maybe, squeak by, with low madvr settings, with 4K 60fps. A 6 GB gtx 1060, maybe, a little higher madvr settings. A gtx 1070, likely, with higher settings and possibly, is the ideal choice, overall. However, I almost exclusively watch 1080p anime, upscaled to 4K, with madvr and the graphics card frame rate is almost always set to 23fps. Madvr and the gtx 1050, have no issues with anything, with a lower frame rate, including source 4K material, that would only have chroma and luma upscaling and not resolution upscaling. My TV, is always required to upscale the frame rate if less than 60. The key, is that the Samsung, is able to use motion plus, to smooth out the images and I think, it is far superior to SVP. No artifacts and smoother, without affecting madvr settings. Quality, does not seem to improve, when madvr, upscales, the frame rate. Just more of the same images, which the TV, has no difficulty, duplicating. A gtx 1050, is a great choice, for anyone with a 1080p monitor/TV and also a good choice, for anyone, that almost exclusively watches, 720p and 1080p sources, on a 4K Samsung TV. I have not tried other TV brands, to see if their motion controls are as good as my Samsung. And all this, is based on watching mostly anime. I have not been using any post-upscaling enhancements, because they require way more rendering, than pre-upscaling enhancements and these might be desirable with some material. This is how I am able to use ngu high luma image upscaling, along with ngu low chroma upscaling. This seems to work great for anime. Maybe, not so much, with other kinds of material. I am waiting for the prices to drop on a gtx 1070. I just think, that a gtx 1050, might be enough, for a lot of people, dependent on what they usually watch. Big time upgrade from my i7 gpu.
post #14 of 31 Old 08-02-2017, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by songman27 View Post
A gtx 1050, is a great choice, for anyone with a 1080p monitor/TV and also a good choice, for anyone, that almost exclusively watches, 720p and 1080p sources, on a 4K Samsung TV.
Big time upgrade from my i7 gpu.
My i5 hd4600 gpu is doing well with my 1080p monitor /projector by watching sources up to [email protected] It has only problems with [email protected] source materials. So, I won't buy a card before having an 4k display.
post #15 of 31 Old 08-02-2017, 02:22 AM

intel gpu

I was using a 4600 intel gpu, before getting a gtx 1050, with a 4K TV. Low madvr settings. I desired higher settings, so I added a graphics card. That's when I discovered what madvr could really do. That's also when I finally felt satisfied, with even having a 4K TV. I do think, I would probably be very happy with a good 1080p TV and madvr and a graphics card. I would want to upscale 1080p and then downscale, so that madvr could work more of it's magic. That would probably require a graphics card, if medium to high madvr settings were used. Might be very similar results to what I see now. I understand your not wanting to get a graphics card until you decide to get a 4K TV. Could you possibly, just try a gtx 1050, or similar card? Madvr, can do stuff, with a good graphics card. I think, that it is very possible, that a 4K TV, is probably less of an actual upgrade, than a good graphics card. Certainly, for me, it has been. I do not play games, so this didn't occur to me, until I finally surrendered, because of continuing issues, with video rendering, on a Linux system. Research, led me straight to madvr and a windows OS. I prefer Linux (Manjaro KDE Plasma 5) over win 10, for everything, except for video rendering and this became a deal-breaker. Madvr, is the only software, that I have found, that can "fix" anime, that is not super-high quality and also, make everything, look better. I agree, that an intel 4600 works just fine, with a 1080p TV. It worked just fine, with most video, with a 4K TV, as well. The graphics card, made a big difference, though. If I could go back in time, I would have upgraded my old 1080p TV, to better 1080p TV and used some of the savings, to get something like a gtx 1070, so that I could use very high madvr settings. If my gtx 1050, suddenly died, then I would get a new card, pronto.
long_pn likes this.
post #16 of 31 Old 11-22-2017, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Video Card GTX750i

I would love some help with madvr settings.
I have an onkyo connected to the system and I dont understand why in madvr it shows up as the display.
My lg 55cm tv does not show
my nvidia is set to 60h
I am in Australia
post #17 of 31 Old 11-23-2017, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maids View Post
I would love some help with madvr settings.
I have an onkyo connected to the system and I dont understand why in madvr it shows up as the display.
My lg 55cm tv does not show
my nvidia is set to 60h
I am in Australia
My htpc lists my onkyo as the display as well. Why is this an issue for you? Which video card do you have?
post #18 of 31 Old 12-25-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDontee View Post
My htpc lists my onkyo as the display as well. Why is this an issue for you? Which video card do you have?
Not a problem just wondered if it was correct.
I am looking for some simple MADVR setting to start with.
I am on windows 10 and the graphics card is gtx 750i
I am getting weird head twitches in movies.
Do I use smooth motion?
windows overlay or fullscreen exclusive?
post #19 of 31 Old 12-26-2017, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Not a problem just wondered if it was correct.
I am looking for some simple MADVR setting to start with.
I am on windows 10 and the graphics card is gtx 750i
I am getting weird head twitches in movies.
Do I use smooth motion?
windows overlay or fullscreen exclusive?
I always turn smooth motion on. I like it better than having Kodi change the frames per second to match the content I am watching. I just upgraded from the GTX 1070 to the GTX 1080 Ti. As soon as I tweak some things, I'll post my new settings. The 1080 Ti is an amazing card.
post #20 of 31 Old 12-28-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I always turn smooth motion on. I like it better than having Kodi change the frames per second to match the content I am watching. I just upgraded from the GTX 1070 to the GTX 1080 Ti. As soon as I tweak some things, I'll post my new settings. The 1080 Ti is an amazing card.
what settings do you use in the rendering general section?
I am confused between windowed overlay and fullscreen exclusive
I am trying to eliminate judder
post #21 of 31 Old 12-30-2017, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
A while ago I bought a new graphic card and was planning to upgrade my HTPC to the next level.

MadVR version: 0.92.10
Player: Kodi 17.6 DS Player x86
Opearating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: LG OLED 55" E6
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb
CPU: Intel i3 4130
RAM memory: 4Gb 1600MHz
MadVR settings 720p: ?????
MadVR settings 1080p: ?????
MadVR settings 2160p: ?????

I used to play mostly 1080/ 24p content with basic Kodi player, but recently got more interested to enter the 4k HDR world. Since plain Kodi cannot handle HDR I found MadVR and desided to give it a try.
Somehow I managed to get it to play 4k HDR and my LG Oled TV woke up and tells me that you are playing HDR!!
Wow! Colors are nice, but there is still a lot to do to get it very good.
Stuttering, player crash, windows crash and really not wife proof setup.

I think that HDR can still wait and I would like to focus on 1080p and get this system stable + good quality picture.
What is really annoying is Windows 10 HDR Desktop It cannot be switched off permanently and I think that is causing many problems when the TV needs to jump between 8bit Kodi content and 10bit windows.
So I disabled HDR input in LG Oled HDMI settings and so far windows is not switching automatically to HDR.

GTX 1060 6Gb graphic card should be more than enough to play smooth 1080/24p content, but still there is some visible stuttering and the playback is far from smooth and clear.
How big role is my CPU playing in this setup? It`s not a huge power plant, but does MadVR use it for calculations or is everything done by GPU?
What about motherboard RAM?

Can someone give some basic settings for Kodi and MadVR to start with this component setup?
Tomorrow I will try "JDontee" settings earlier in this post and see if they work with this setup.

post #22 of 31 Old 12-30-2017, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
what settings do you use in the rendering general section?
I am confused between windowed overlay and fullscreen exclusive
I am trying to eliminate judder
Are you sure your settings aren't too demanding? You could just see frames dropping.
post #23 of 31 Old 12-31-2017, 03:59 AM

Today I tested new settings based on "JDontee"
It really improved 1080/24p picture quality, except Smooth motion. It was just too smooth and I prefer LG`s own smoothing method.
The overall quality got really much better and the temperature of the GPU stays under 55 celcius 130 F
One thing to wonder, MadVR is crashing in every other mouse click and it was difficult to make settings during video playback.
Still need to find solution for that, but this is a good start.
post #24 of 31 Old 12-31-2017, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikke67 View Post
Today I tested new settings based on "JDontee"
It really improved 1080/24p picture quality, except Smooth motion. It was just too smooth and I prefer LG`s own smoothing method.
The overall quality got really much better and the temperature of the GPU stays under 55 celcius 130 F
One thing to wonder, MadVR is crashing in every other mouse click and it was difficult to make settings during video playback.
Still need to find solution for that, but this is a good start.
Are you using multiple displays with your PC? Anecdotally, I think madvr has stability issues with multiple displays.
post #25 of 31 Old 12-31-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Are you using multiple displays with your PC? Anecdotally, I think madvr has stability issues with multiple displays.
Hello JDontee!

As a matter of fact, I do have 2 displays.
Or actually the other one is an AV amplifier Pioneer SC-LX85
This amplifier does not allow 4k passthrough and therefore I use one graphic card`s HDMI out for the TV and the other one is for the sound only.
Windows sees them as two displays. Could this be the reason for so many stability issues that I am facing at the moment?

I will try JRiver player installed on Win 8.1 and see if that is more stable.
post #26 of 31 Old 12-31-2017, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hello JDontee!

As a matter of fact, I do have 2 displays.
Or actually the other one is an AV amplifier Pioneer SC-LX85
This amplifier does not allow 4k passthrough and therefore I use one graphic card`s HDMI out for the TV and the other one is for the sound only.
Windows sees them as two displays. Could this be the reason for so many stability issues that I am facing at the moment?

I will try JRiver player installed on Win 8.1 and see if that is more stable.
Possibly. You might just use your receiver and see if it resolves your issues. If it does, you may just need to upgrade your receiver.

Out of curiosity, are you extending your display, or duplicating it?
post #27 of 31 Old 01-03-2018, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Possibly. You might just use your receiver and see if it resolves your issues. If it does, you may just need to upgrade your receiver.

Out of curiosity, are you extending your display, or duplicating it?
I use extended. If I duplicate it, then it is not possible to set two different resolutions. (amplifier accepts 1080p max)
So I changed windows to 8.1, disabled HDR on TV and put video and audio through receiver.
Kodi DS player installed.
Now MadVR is stable. It`s not crashing anymore and I can play with settings during playback.

It seems MadVR does`t like 2 display setups.
The bad news is that I need to go shopping for a new 4k capable receiver
Though, this Pioneer SC-LX85 is a damn good receiver...
post #28 of 31 Old 06-04-2019, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 5
MadVR version: 0.92.17
Player: MPC-BE
Operating System: Windows 7 Home x64
Display: Panasonic TC-65CX850
HDR: Yes
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CPU: Intel i3 3470
RAM: 8Gb 1600MHz
MadVR settings 720p: ?
MadVR settings 1080p: ?
MadVR settings 2160p: ?

Last edited by mr1ex; 06-04-2019 at 03:38 PM.
post #29 of 31 Old 06-05-2019, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've upgraded my projector and video card. I'm really happy with this combo.

MadVR version: v0.90.24
Display:
Sony 45ES
Video Card: GTX 1080Ti

Instead of posting all the settings, I attached screenshots of the settings. If this is confusing, let me know and I'll follow the above format instead.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr2.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2576290   Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr1.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2576292   Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr6.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	2576294   Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr5.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2576296   Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr4.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	2576298  

Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr3.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	2576300  
Archaea likes this.
post #30 of 31 Old 06-14-2019, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I use extended. If I duplicate it, then it is not possible to set two different resolutions. (amplifier accepts 1080p max)
So I changed windows to 8.1, disabled HDR on TV and put video and audio through receiver.
Kodi DS player installed.
Now MadVR is stable. It`s not crashing anymore and I can play with settings during playback.

It seems MadVR does`t like 2 display setups.
The bad news is that I need to go shopping for a new 4k capable receiver
Though, this Pioneer SC-LX85 is a damn good receiver...
While I'm not sure what's causing your instability, I was also reluctant to upgrade my Denon AVR-1912 so ran my Windows 10 setup in multi-display mode for several months without any issue. Just like you, I was using one HDMI port on the graphics card for video to the TV and one for audio to the AVR. I tried several setups, including Kodi DSplayer and MPC-HC with MadVR.

The only niggle, which eventually became so annoying that I did get a new AVR, was the issue of windows/apps opening on the AVR's "monitor" thus being invisible. Blindly using hotkeys to move windows around or switching TV inputs just so I could see what was on the AVR's screen got old fast.

All I can suggest it trying the latest nightlies of the LAV filters, switching from the built in ones that ship with Kodi DSPlayer to the latest nightlies solved a few minor issues I was having. I also found UltraMon very useful for forcing apps to open on the right display and saving/loading different display combinations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers