Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 6 and Windows 10 - won't start second time. - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #31 of 67 Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandob View Post
I got Win 8.1 / TMT working again, I rolled back the latest security update, rebooted and all good again. Hopefully that helps anyone else having the same issue still running TMT.
Which security update? I have several listed. It's been a while since I have used TMT6 but the latest update of PowerDVD has left the playback too dark, without any way to adjust it. I went to use TMT6 and it would start in task manager, then just quit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 67 Old 01-15-2018, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The other day I noticed my HTPC ran an automatic update then rebooted, then TMT stopped working (got the initial splash screen then nothing). So it had to be the latest update as nothing else had changed. So I rolled back the last change which was a security patch and TMT worked again. I turned off automatic updates as my HTPC browser is rarely used. Automatic updates is one of the main disadvantages of a HTPC as this exercise showed.

I will have to replace TMT at some point, and it looks like PowerDVD is the only option if I want to keep the Blu-ray menus, not bother with ripping, and watch 3D. Any other alternatives people have got working?
post #33 of 67 Old 01-16-2018, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
The other day I noticed my HTPC ran an automatic update then rebooted, then TMT stopped working (got the initial splash screen then nothing). So it had to be the latest update as nothing else had changed. So I rolled back the last change which was a security patch and TMT worked again. I turned off automatic updates as my HTPC browser is rarely used. Automatic updates is one of the main disadvantages of a HTPC as this exercise showed.

I will have to replace TMT at some point, and it looks like PowerDVD is the only option if I want to keep the Blu-ray menus, not bother with ripping, and watch 3D. Any other alternatives people have got working?
I'm running version 5.2 of TMT on Win10 and initially had some issues. I have since disabled the Arcsoft exchange windows service and TMT server. I have not had issues since those changes. Every so often I have to end the TMT process ID in task manager.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 67 Old 01-16-2018, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Automatic updates is one of the main disadvantages of a HTPC as this exercise showed.

Auto updates is an advantage for evolution. Using old software that has been dropped and no longer developed or supported is the main disadvantage. PDVD is still developed and supported and is the only software player available for 3D with menus. It would appear your quest is over imo. If you forgo menus, there are free players and components to accompany them that support 3D. Frame packed 3D is even more specialized and imo, the free solutions offer better picture quality and ease of use. This isn't to say PDVD isn't any good but you MIGHT have DRM hurdles using it that can also be overcome.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3&5 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
Samsung 82" Q90R / Denon S720W
post #35 of 67 Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 AM

Liked: 10
january MS update broke it for me also

been using TM 6 for many years because of all aformentioned reason. looks like january updates broke it for me also. won't open. did system restore and it fixed it. i'm sure uninstalling patches would have worked also. Going to try powerdvd trial to see if it allows for proper 7.1 channel hd audio playback like TM always did which worked so well for playing bluray ISO's.
post #36 of 67 Old 01-25-2018, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
January 2018 Windows Update 100% kills Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre.
It would be nice to know which security patch specifically does it, but reimaging back to December 2017 fixes the problem. But it's not like we can selectively uninstall updates, the entire 2018-01 Security Monthly Quality Rollup needs to be uninstalled.
If anyone is participating in Windows 10 Beta program, it may help to report this bug.

For people with problems under Windows 10 posting in this thread last year, did you try to
Right click on uLaunchTMT5.exe or uLaunchTMT6.exe > Properties > Compatibility TAB >
CHECK: Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7

Last edited by c627627; 01-25-2018 at 10:23 AM.
post #37 of 67 Old 02-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c627627 View Post
January 2018 Windows Update 100% kills Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre.
It would be nice to know which security patch specifically does it, but reimaging back to December 2017 fixes the problem. But it's not like we can selectively uninstall updates, the entire 2018-01 Security Monthly Quality Rollup needs to be uninstalled.
If anyone is participating in Windows 10 Beta program, it may help to report this bug.

For people with problems under Windows 10 posting in this thread last year, did you try to
Right click on uLaunchTMT5.exe or uLaunchTMT6.exe > Properties > Compatibility TAB >
CHECK: Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7
I came across this thread looking for help gettng TMT6 back up and running on Windows 8.1 - looks like I'll have to take out the Jan 2018 security update, at least that's something to try.

Re. Windows 7 compatibility, I tried that without success - but that's under Win8.1 not 10 (maybe that helps someone).
post #38 of 67 Old 05-30-2018, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicUK View Post
I came across this thread looking for help gettng TMT6 back up and running on Windows 8.1 - looks like I'll have to take out the Jan 2018 security update, at least that's something to try.

Re. Windows 7 compatibility, I tried that without success - but that's under Win8.1 not 10 (maybe that helps someone).
Just adding to this thread, the April updates kill TMT 5.1.146 in Win 7. not sure which one, but was definitely something that came out in April.

Rolled back, and disabled updates. Need a new solution to MCE/WHS2011/ceton/TMT for 2019, that's for sure.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #39 of 67 Old 06-09-2018, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello guys on one russian forum/tracker I found a way to get this program to work on Windows 10 x64. Just tried it on my Dad's computer - watched Avatar bluray - all menus loading okay film is playing good without statterings/low fps. AND YES YOU CAN NOW RUN IT MORE THAN 1 TIME without needing to realod. ) Can I attach this archive file here?(rar and exe files are not allowed) I dont know how.
post #40 of 67 Old 06-10-2018, 12:12 AM

you need to put this file to install folder(for example C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6). instuction also says that you need to delete registration driver file inside windows/system32/drivers folder but I failed to do so with Unlock and it still works fine.
post #41 of 67 Old 06-10-2018, 06:00 AM

I made a video on how I made it work on my computer.
73ChargerFan likes this.
post #42 of 67 Old 06-11-2018, 04:33 AM

Funny thing happened to me in comment section of official 'microsoft community' page - I posted a link to this video in a thread where guy had the same problem according to his explanation and Microsoft 'moderator'... DELETED this link saying I quote: "<link to pirate content>". And when I tried to explain that this is a known problem when this dot sys file is not compatible with Windows 10 and causes all kinds of problems including BLUE SCREEN he simply deleted my message and promised to 'consider banning my profile'. And apparantly its him who disliked my video...
Great job Microsoft! Lol
If you guys got this program working on your computer please reply so more people knew because Microsoft is deleting messages on community forum.
post #43 of 67 Old 07-07-2018, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Kvazizavr
It works!
(I use it to watch my 200+ HD-DVD ISOs)
post #44 of 67 Old 07-08-2018, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Kvazizavr
It works!
(I use it to watch my 200+ HD-DVD ISOs)
Congratz!
post #45 of 67 Old 09-23-2018, 04:25 PM

Analizar bien ya que luego de probarlo e ingresar a páginas con claves no las tomaba bien, desinstale y mismo lugar que no tomaba las claves ahora sin problema

Analyze well since after testing it and entering pages with passwords did not take them well, uninstall and same place that did not take the keys now without problem

A ver quien mas lo probó y tiene mismo o similar problema

Let's see who else tried it and has the same or similar problem

muchas gracias

thank you very much
post #46 of 67 Old 11-26-2018, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvazizavr Kvazizavr View Post
I made a video on how I made it work on my computer.
https://youtu.be/lz5zM5RZmDE
Thank you so much for this. After going through thousands of links, forums, etc., etc. for trying to make HD DVD work on my PC I finally come across your post and it seems to have done the trick. Thank you so so much!

Samsung UA55F9000ARMXL, PS4, Slingbox 500, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray
Samsung PS63C7000YR, Panasonic DMP-BDT500P Blu-ray, Onkyo HTS-9400THX Home Theatre
post #47 of 67 Old 01-19-2019, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
you need to put this file to install folder(for example C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6). instuction also says that you need to delete registration driver file inside windows/system32/drivers folder but I failed to do so with Unlock and it still works fine.

Thank you works a treat been trying for months to get working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #48 of 67 Old 04-28-2020, 04:41 PM

Hey guys for anyone still interested in this program - I found a fix for those who had blue screen of death after last Windows 10 1909 update. Apparently it was this old *.sys file that was preventing it from working but if you delete it as in instruction - should work fine. Tested it on my dad's pc and it's all good
noob00224 likes this.
post #49 of 67 Old 05-06-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Hey guys for anyone still interested in this program - I found a fix for those who had blue screen of death after last Windows 10 1909 update. Apparently it was this old *.sys file that was preventing it from working but if you delete it as in instruction - should work fine. Tested it on my dad's pc and it's all good
Hi Kvazizavr

I saw your post about how to fix the TMT v6 bug with Win10 and I was glad.

I just changed my system and now I'm with Win10 lstc 64x v1809 and once installed TotalMediaTheatre v6.7.1.199 in appearance without any error. When I want to open it it does absolutely nothing, it never starts. I have watched your video but I don't know what to do.

I have tried to delete .sys from the drivers folder but it does not fix the problem either, everything remains the same. Please, if you could, how can I fix the error?

Many thanks in advanced.
post #50 of 67 Old 05-06-2020, 05:36 PM

Sorry to make another post in a row, I'm not allowed to edit the previous one. Well I could fix the problem apparently, the executable had to be replaced. Now it starts up and has reproduced a small sample well. I have to test it more thoroughly but in the first instance perfect.

Thank you very much for showing us the solution, a pity that these new windows break the best player program out there. PowerDVD is an eternal aspirant that in spite of continuing to update itself does not reach the heels of a program that more than 4 years ago stopped developing. And now for more ridicule is no longer compatible with 3D playback, shame on it.
post #51 of 67 Old 05-10-2020, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Well, yesterday i reinstall windows 10 many times, and after i installed Arcsoft, it shows me that blue screen.. However, first time, after instalation Arcsoft, i also install Unlocker, and remove Sys file, and i restart windows, it didnt helped me, so, it was same with or without sys file.. Dont know how you had luck with it, but this situation with sys file didnt helped.. I'm afraid to even bring Arcsoft back, but this is only program which plays HD-DVDs + AnyDVD
post #52 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorito82 View Post
Well, yesterday i reinstall windows 10 many times, and after i installed Arcsoft, it shows me that blue screen.. However, first time, after instalation Arcsoft, i also install Unlocker, and remove Sys file, and i restart windows, it didnt helped me, so, it was same with or without sys file.. Dont know how you had luck with it, but this situation with sys file didnt helped.. I'm afraid to even bring Arcsoft back, but this is only program which plays HD-DVDs + AnyDVD
You must delete. sys file and overwrite the executable "uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" with the executable attached on the video. If this last step has not been done then it is the cause of the blue screen. Tell us how it went, if it works and it doesn't cause more blue screens, then try to mount a .iso but not with the windows utility and see if it plays or not.
post #53 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 01:51 AM

Well, here is what i tried.. On my other Pc, i install last windows 10 version, and i made it like you said.. Step by step, and i didnt restart windows after instalation, i use Unlocker to delete sys file, and also copy that crack file in folder where is instalation, and all after that, i restart, and seems it works fine .. I open Arcsoft, and everything is fine.. However, i didnt put it yet on my actual Pc, but i think this works.. Im afrai because day before yesterday, i have soo much problems with it, to reinstall windows soo many times, because i didnt know what to do.. but this is fix like yous aid
post #54 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Well, here is what i tried.. On my other Pc, i install last windows 10 version, and i made it like you said.. Step by step, and i didnt restart windows after instalation, i use Unlocker to delete sys file, and also copy that crack file in folder where is instalation, and all after that, i restart, and seems it works fine .. I open Arcsoft, and everything is fine.. However, i didnt put it yet on my actual Pc, but i think this works.. Im afrai because day before yesterday, i have soo much problems with it, to reinstall windows soo many times, because i didnt know what to do.. but this is fix like yous aid
Ok, now to finish check that it is able to reproduce a .iso mounted with a program like Virtual CloneDrive from slysoft or any other. Don't use the windows function because it doesn't work well for bluray. If it plays well then you have TMT fully functional on your Windows. If not then I'll tell you about it. Please give your results here. Also omments what version of windows you have and date of the last patch installed.
post #55 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 02:10 AM

I have installed this version ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 6.7.1.199 Final, but i didnt tried that with iso, because that computer is a bit old, but when install it on my new pc, i will try that.. However, i use TMT for HD-DVD movies, because it is only player which works with them now...Also, i use last version of windows.. OS Version 10.0.18363.815
post #56 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 AM

Well then, we know it works even with the latest updates. If it works for what you usually see as perfect then. But if you can try to get a full bluray .iso and mount it as I said, if it plays it will be fully functional with any format. I'm not under the latest versions of Windows right now and I can't test that function. In my case it's fully functional but I'm in an older version of windows, I didn't need to modify anything.
post #57 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 02:26 AM

I see.. well, i will do the risk, and put it on my new computer, and doo all the things which you said in video.. But on old computer, i restart windows few times, and there was no problem with it.. im sure, it will work fine, cuz, i had it before i even reinstal windows, with all curent updates, and it plays movies fine ...
post #58 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 04:17 AM

Cool

Quote:
I see.. well, i will do the risk, and put it on my new computer, and doo all the things which you said in video.. But on old computer, i restart windows few times, and there was no problem with it.. im sure, it will work fine, cuz, i had it before i even reinstal windows, with all curent updates, and it plays movies fine ...
Congrats buddy, we have the best bd player back. I hope the test of seeing a full bd in iso will reproduce it well.
post #59 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 05:34 AM

I installed it, works perfect.. well, i dont know if TMT plays blu ray iso files, i tried, but wont play.. but when i put normal BDMV folder in it, plays fine like disc movie.. However, one thing i cannot remove is TM Server.exe.. i tried to delete it with CCleaner, from startup, but cannot.. here is screenshoot of it...

post #60 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 05:50 AM

I found how to remove it..so, program works fine..just dont restart windows after instalation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page