Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 6 and Windows 10 - won't start second time. - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #61 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
If you don't have a remote control app available, you don't need the "TM Server.exe" at all, you just rename it to its folder with another extension and it won't start with windows anymore, for example "TM Server.exe.back", it won't affect the good working of TMT.

On the other hand you say, "well, i dont know if TMT plays blu ray iso files, i tried, but wont play..." Yes, normal folders with the Bdmv/CERTIFICATE structure play well. The question is which program did you use to load the .iso? If the iso was a full movie bluray and you have loaded it with a program like Virtual CloneDrive and it doesn't work... you would have to try other .iso but if it still doesn't work then it means that this function that for me is basic of TMT would be limited. So this procedure described to make TMT works in windows would not be fully functional in all options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Aha.. i know what you mean by that.. well, it works fine, very well.. like before.. you can play it normaly.. However, TMT wont play mkv and other video files, so, i dont know what is wrong with that.. i remember, long time ago, when i had windows 7, and i usualy use TMT for watching movies, it works great, but seems now wont read mkv or other formats, only blu ray movies from disc, or like you said, iso, which is open with some virtual drive...
post #63 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 01:40 PM

If it doesn't play any .mkv it's something very suspicious that indicates that it doesn't work well in all its features. In my case, TMT works perfectly for .mkv and any other format. But, keep in mind, I haven't had to change anything from the original TMT since it is fully compatible with my current version of Windows.

The question here is whether this modification of TMT is fully functional in all formats and in any latest Windows 10 version and patches. And keep in mind that if you play any bluray in .iso (2/3D) or it has to be loaded from a program fully compatible with bluray .iso images, there are many free ones (slysoft/fab...).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 08:50 PM

Well.. then this program, even with that solution to works with removing sys file, does not work perfectly.. so, im not suggest anyone to use it like a blu ray player.. If you only have to play old HD-DVD movies, you can use it.. but if you want new updated windows, dont use it.. Thats iy my suggestion...
post #65 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 11:37 PM

Well, it seems that we have finished debugging the problem, a real pity that with the patch it is not fully functional in all its features. In case someone is interested, TMT works perfectly (nothing has to be modified) in Windows 10 v10240 compilation. Security patches until 2017, anything beyond that breaks tmt's functionality
post #66 of 67 Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 PM

I see-- well, maybe someone can fix this.. The guy who put video on you tube, said that he tried this on two computers, with same windows and works fine.. and that i maybe didnt do everything correctly.. ell, im not dumb, i do exactly what he shows on video...and like i describet here.. windows 10 with latest version of it, TMT wont work like before.. it works, but wont open mkv and rest video files.. only blu rays and hd-dvd discs

post #67 of 67 Old 05-12-2020, 03:55 AM

Let's see if the mate says something, TMT seems that it is not fully working with the latest Win 10, you have done all the steps that are described. Unfortunately I cannot do these tests as I am now in a stable and fully functional system and do not want to do experiments restoring images. Also i can' t do experiments in a virtual machine because of the themida protection implemented by tmt. Let's hope more folks comment, I see TMT isn't followed here anymore.
fiorito82 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page