Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Flexraid flxr folders

Hello

Can someone walk me through hijacking a hard drive in Flexraid to get to the flxr folders I did a cut and past from my server to another drive on my computer and all I got was empty folders so I'm hoping that the files are still in the flxr folders. I did see someone mention hijacking a drive and adding a drive letter to it and than once I'm done remove the drive letter and it will go back into my pool? Sounds easy enough but I have no clue how to do that can someone be so kind as to walk me through it step by step? I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-01-2017, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPictureman View Post
Hello

Can someone walk me through hijacking a hard drive in Flexraid to get to the flxr folders I did a cut and past from my server to another drive on my computer and all I got was empty folders so I'm hoping that the files are still in the flxr folders. I did see someone mention hijacking a drive and adding a drive letter to it and than once I'm done remove the drive letter and it will go back into my pool? Sounds easy enough but I have no clue how to do that can someone be so kind as to walk me through it step by step? I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you
Just go into disk manager in windows and give the drive you need a letter and your stuff should be visible.

Bill
post #3 of 9 Old 11-01-2017, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

That takes it out of the pool how is it added back in by just removing the letter and how do you remove the letter? I don't want to go back in and create a new DRU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-02-2017, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That takes it out of the pool how is it added back in by just removing the letter and how do you remove the letter? I don't want to go back in and create a new DRU
Adding the drive letter doesn't remove it from the pool it just makes the data available in windows explorer like any other hard drive.

Bill
post #5 of 9 Old 11-02-2017, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post
Adding the drive letter doesn't remove it from the pool it just makes the data available in windows explorer like any other hard drive.

Bill
Thank you how do you remove the drive letter once I'm done so that it goes back into the pool? I assume I stop the flexraid pool correct?
post #6 of 9 Old 11-03-2017, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you how do you remove the drive letter once I'm done so that it goes back into the pool? I assume I stop the flexraid pool correct?
I would stop the pool although not sure it really matters. When done just un-assign it the same way you assigned it in the WINDOWS disk management.

Bill
post #7 of 9 Old 11-28-2017, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I would stop the pool although not sure it really matters. When done just un-assign it the same way you assigned it in the WINDOWS disk management.

Bill
Thanks guys I did experiment and I went to rename the hard drives and found ADD which I tested on one drive I left the original name and just added the new name ie drive D. I was able to pull it out of the pool by doing this. I then did a search for the two folders names which I still had and could not find. So I went back to rename the hard drive and saw that I could delete out the new name Drive D and retain the original name. I started up the pool again and everything was back the way it was supposed to be. Feeling confident I went back in and followed the same process on a couple more drives checking the newest least filled drives first and I found the folders fully intact and copied and pasted the folders to an attached external hard drive. Everything went perfect saved 150GB of data I thought I would give the long explanation version in case someone else needed the added info.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks guys I did experiment and I went to rename the hard drives and found ADD which I tested on one drive I left the original name and just added the new name ie drive D. I was able to pull it out of the pool by doing this. I then did a search for the two folders names which I still had and could not find. So I went back to rename the hard drive and saw that I could delete out the new name Drive D and retain the original name. I started up the pool again and everything was back the way it was supposed to be. Feeling confident I went back in and followed the same process on a couple more drives checking the newest least filled drives first and I found the folders fully intact and copied and pasted the folders to an attached external hard drive. Everything went perfect saved 150GB of data I thought I would give the long explanation version in case someone else needed the added info.
Glad you were able to find the data you were looking for.

Bill
post #9 of 9 Old 11-30-2017, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Glad you were able to find the data you were looking for.

Bill
Me too!!!

Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page