Issues With HDMI Passthrough From HTPC On Receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-21-2018, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Issues With HDMI Passthrough From HTPC On Receiver

Issues With HDMI Passthrough From HTPC On Receiver

I just got a Denon AVR-X3300W receiver, primarily to use with my home theatre and video editing PC, and secondarily to work with an Apple TV. But this one technical issue in particular is driving me crazy because there's no rhyme or reason to it.

While I have no problem getting HD audio to the receiver via HDMI, I can not get the video to pass through to my monitor. At first, no devices would pass through and show on the monitor. I rightly assumed that it was because the monitor is a standard resolution for computer monitors, 1440x2560 (WQHD), but this is not standard for consumer televisions. So I manually disabled the tech on the receiver that tries to rescale input signals based on the connected monitor, and told it to just pass it through. With this, the 1080p60 signal from an Apple TV passes through at 1080p60 and the monitor scales it to its 1440p 60 Hz screen no problem. But still the signal from the PC will not show on my monitor. It's strange because sometimes I can get a signal through. On a few occassions in my testing, trying to reproduce failures and successes, I got a 720p60 signal to show. And in one case I got a 480p60 signal. I also on one occassion got a 1080p50 signal through but could not reproduce it 5 minutes later. Does anyone know what's up and how I might be able to go about fixing it? HDCP handshake issues or something?

So far, my workaround has been to have two video outputs from my computer. One is an HDMI and the other a displayport, and they just act like mirrored monitors. The HDMI goes to the receiver and the displayport goes to the monitor. This works, but I'd VERY much like to figure out why I can't get a video signal from my PC to just pass through the receiver and go to the monitor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
computer , hdmi , htpc , passthrough , receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page