Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-02-2019, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 90
MPC-HC Knowledge requested

My issue is that I have several MKV rips in my collection that wont play in the MediaBrowser default player. I added MPC-HC as the new default player and it works just fine but I do not get any HD audio to my Yamaha AVR, but it worked fine with the MB player. My current setup is Win7 PC-Yamaha RXA1010 - Samsung plasma TV all through HDMI.

In the photos are my current settings on LAV Filter, MPC-HC audio, & MB Configurator.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also I noticed that I have to close MPC-HC after I watch a movie where the default player would automatically close and go back to my movie list when I press stop. It's not that big a deal except that it's one more step that seems unnecessary to me. Is there any way to make it close when a file is stopped?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190102_185041_1546474618144.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	2504520   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190102_185217_1546475096844.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	2504524   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190102_185623_1546475216281.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	2504526  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-02-2019, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 4784 Post(s)
Liked: 3068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post
My issue is that I have several MKV rips in my collection that wont play in the MediaBrowser default player. I added MPC-HC as the new default player and it works just fine but I do not get any HD audio to my Yamaha AVR, but it worked fine with the MB player. My current setup is Win7 PC-Yamaha RXA1010 - Samsung plasma TV all through HDMI.

In the photos are my current settings on LAV Filter, MPC-HC audio, & MB Configurator.

Also I noticed that I have to close MPC-HC after I watch a movie where the default player would automatically close and go back to my movie list when I press stop. It's not that big a deal except that it's one more step that seems unnecessary to me. Is there any way to make it close when a file is stopped?
First, who knows what filters are actually being used during playback. So play an mkv and right click and select "filters" and see what's listed. Is "LAV Audio Decoder" listed? If so click on it while movie is playing. Does it show the same configuration with bitstream being enabled?

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-02-2019, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
First, who knows what filters are actually being used during playback. So play an mkv and right click and select "filters" and see what's listed. Is "LAV Audio Decoder" listed? If so click on it while movie is playing. Does it show the same configuration with bitstream being enabled?
That was it, thank you. I had to enable the HD audio in the LAV filter settings for this player.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-02-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:

Why are you still using mediabrowser? Avoiding the need for the server or something? You haven't updated in years!!!
post #5 of 6 Old 01-02-2019, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Why are you still using mediabrowser? Avoiding the need for the server or something? You haven't updated in years!!!
LOL, I know man. I built this PC in 2012 and I like the way it looks and works so I just leave it alone. I have an unRAID server that I built around the same time and I haven't upgraded that either. I don't use this PC for anything other than viewing my movie and TV collection through MB so why mess with it.

post #6 of 6 Old 01-02-2019, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
LOL, I know man. I built this PC in 2012 and I like the way it looks and works so I just leave it alone. I have an unRAID server that I built around the same time and I haven't upgraded that either. I don't use this PC for anything other than viewing my movie and TV collection through MB so why mess with it.
Yeah I hear you, surprised it still works lol. If it a'int broke...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page