MadVR HTPC build for JVC NX7 projector - a build! - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 47Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Can someone please share a good link to how to setup MadVR with Kodi?

I tried searching but could not find anything super easy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post
The stock cooler is loud also. That is why i asked. You are right that the stock cooler is fine for keeping the cpu cool.


You were right - stock cooler is horrible ... makes a whiney noise. Have ordered the Noctua low profile cooler.

Btw the power supply is dead quiet, and so are the case fans.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #33 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
ddgdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Can someone please share a good link to how to setup MadVR with Kodi?

I tried searching but could not find anything super easy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is considered the definitive guide: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188
OzHDHT likes this.
ddgdl is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Man dump that $114 window 10 pro purchase. You can get licenses for $10-30 on ebay and you can download windows 10 pro off microsoft's website. Further, if you never activate windows 10 pro, it works forever but you get no windows updates. For an HTPC this might be good as you never have to deal with pulling out a keyboard to handle it or click away nags. The watermark about activation can be disabled with a simple registry key entry.
you mentioned that you are using MadVR nightly builds that does frame by frame HDR mapping? - where does one get them from? Could you please point us to that.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #35 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Killroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ninth Circle of Hell
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
you mentioned that you are using MadVR nightly builds that does frame by frame HDR mapping? - where does one get them from? Could you please point us to that.
They are posted every few days, sometimes multiple times a day, on this thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...projector.html
tommarra likes this.
Killroy is offline  
post #36 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
They are posted every few days, sometimes multiple times a day, on this thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...projector.html


Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #37 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Can someone please share a good link to how to setup MadVR with Kodi?

I tried searching but could not find anything super easy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get this figured out? The key is to set up Kodi to use an external player. I use zoom player, but I think most people use the free DS Player kodi addon.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #38 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethav View Post
Updated my madvr to the latest test build and now I *do* see a small difference. The tone mapping adds a bit of detail in highlights that are blown out when watching in HDR mode.

But question is... is madvr one of those tools that provides a tiny improvement or a huge one? I realize that's subjective, and maybe my projector (RS400) isn't high-end enough to really benefit from the tone mapping over my custom curve. But I read so many raves about madvr, that I'm surprised my jaw didn't drop when I saw the results.
MadVR is huge on upscaling. If you have a 4K projector you can do 1080p to 4K upscaling prior to the projector and it is about as good as the studio upscales to UHD from 2k sources.
The tone mapping is very good also and a big improvement over your curves, but that will depend on the source. On something like Lucy, you may not notice much difference (but will still notice some). On something dark like sony version of blade runner 2049 or even ghost in the shell, it goes from almost unwatchable to fantastic.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #39 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Ash Sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: TX
Posts: 2,140
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
MadVR is huge on upscaling. If you have a 4K projector you can do 1080p to 4K upscaling prior to the projector and it is about as good as the studio upscales to UHD from 2k sources.
.
So if your projector also does 2K to 4K upscaling is it preferred to let MadVR do the upscaling as you mentioned above and then the projector will also upscale.... I am confused .
In my case when I feed 1080P to my Sony VW5000ES it upscales it to 4K and is a fantastic picture.
Ash Sharma is offline  
post #40 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
So if your projector also does 2K to 4K upscaling is it preferred to let MadVR do the upscaling as you mentioned above and then the projector will also upscale.... I am confused .
In my case when I feed 1080P to my Sony VW5000ES it upscales it to 4K and is a fantastic picture.
The VW5000ES is probably the best projector upscaler in the world. All the sony line is quite good. But yes, you'll get quite a bit better upscaling with madVR than you'll get out of the sony. It's sort of not even in the same league. MadVR upscalers was trained with an AI Neural network of images. The NGU algorithms. A series of 4k images were taken then downscaled to 1080p. Then the network learned to upscale them back to 4K and compare to the original 4K. The results are impressive. If your source is good quality 1080p, you'll find madVR upscaled 4K has moments that look true 4K and other moments that look more like your sony's upscaled 1080p.
mikela likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #41 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Ash Sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: TX
Posts: 2,140
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
The VW5000ES is probably the best projector upscaler in the world. All the sony line is quite good. But yes, you'll get quite a bit better upscaling with madVR than you'll get out of the sony. It's sort of not even in the same league. MadVR upscalers was trained with an AI Neural network of images. The NGU algorithms. A series of 4k images were taken then downscaled to 1080p. Then the network learned to upscale them back to 4K and compare to the original 4K. The results are impressive. If your source is good quality 1080p, you'll find madVR upscaled 4K has moments that look true 4K and other moments that look more like your sony's upscaled 1080p.
I am waiting for the Envy...
And since you cannot defeat the upscaling in the 5000 - best would be to upscale in MadVR and feed it to the Sony and then Sony will fo its own thing... do you agree?
Ash Sharma is offline  
post #42 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
I am waiting for the Envy...
And since you cannot defeat the upscaling in the 5000 - best would be to upscale in MadVR and feed it to the Sony and then Sony will fo its own thing... do you agree?
I'd always send 4K to the Sony upscaled from madVR (or Envy) and then yea let Sony do it's thing. I'm one that actually loves reality creation even applied to a 4K source.
m0j0 likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #43 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:44 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Ash Sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: TX
Posts: 2,140
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I'd always send 4K to the Sony upscaled from madVR (or Envy) and then yea let Sony do it's thing. I'm one that actually loves reality creation even applied to a 4K source.
Agreed.. I love Realty Creation also...
And I did not know what MadVR until today when I saw the post on Envy - now I am glad I did not get the Lumagen - Hope the Envy is for technically challenged people and is simple to use - maybe just plug and play.
Ash Sharma is offline  
post #44 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
Agreed.. I love Realty Creation also...
And I did not know what MadVR until today when I saw the post on Envy - now I am glad I did not get the Lumagen - Hope the Envy is for technically challenged people and is simple to use - maybe just plug and play.
When I moved away from Sony projector to JVC, I missed what reality creation did a lot (it both calms and sharpens the image but in a good way). I found some madVR settings that I think came pretty close to it for my JVC RS640. I still use them on the RS4500.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #45 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 09:48 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Ash Sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: TX
Posts: 2,140
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I still use them on the RS4500.
The 4500 is my favorite projector - the only reason I did not get it - the Lumens were not enough - but it has a better picture than the 5000 IMHO.
woofer, OzHDHT and markmon1 like this.
Ash Sharma is offline  
post #46 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
When I moved away from Sony projector to JVC, I missed what reality creation did a lot (it both calms and sharpens the image but in a good way). I found some madVR settings that I think came pretty close to it for my JVC RS640. I still use them on the RS4500.


I’m like to know what settings you use in madVR to get close to reality creation.

I’m getting a 4K JVC soon and play all my stuff through madVR.
SirMaster is offline  
post #47 of 236 Old 03-04-2019, 11:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
I’m like to know what settings you use in madVR to get close to reality creation.

I’m getting a 4K JVC soon and play all my stuff through madVR.
I gave these settings and screenshots to @Onkyoman who said he posted them somewhere. Perhaps he can say where?

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #48 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 04:50 AM
Senior Member
 
riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Still think about MadVR setup on my NAS PC... :-)


Whats will be idelat GPU for it?


GTX 1060
GTX 1660 Ti
RTX 2060?


Compare to all performace and olny used for MadVR?
riddle is offline  
post #49 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle View Post
Still think about MadVR setup on my NAS PC... :-)


Whats will be idelat GPU for it?


GTX 1060
GTX 1660 Ti
RTX 2060?


Compare to all performace and olny used for MadVR?
1060 is not enough. 1660 supposedly is ok, but I don't think anyone actually has one. 2060 is probably the new minimum. My friend has a 1070 and it's doing great. (We got it off craigslist used).
OzHDHT likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #50 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 05:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 131
@markmon1 any recommendations on settings? I have a GTX1080 and if I turn on doubling at all, or some of the artifact removals like ringing or compression artifacts I have 95%+ GPU usage and I am seeing dropped frames on my screen. Right now I have:

HDR pixel shader


Reduce banding: medium/high

Image enhancement: LumaSharpen

Black bar detection: remove 40%


Chroma: NGU AA Medium
Image upscale: Jinc/active anti-ringing


Everything else is pretty much default.
dgrizzard is offline  
post #51 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 05:34 AM
Senior Member
 
riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
1060 is not enough. 1660 supposedly is ok, but I don't think anyone actually has one. 2060 is probably the new minimum. My friend has a 1070 and it's doing great. (We got it off craigslist used).

In my country 2060 its very expenzive compare to price for 1660 ti. GTX1070 its intrested idea for price budget... :-)
riddle is offline  
post #52 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Onkyoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,924
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
I’m like to know what settings you use in madVR to get close to reality creation.

I’m getting a 4K JVC soon and play all my stuff through madVR.
I put markmon's settings into a gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157142...57699089361210
Onkyoman is offline  
post #53 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
I put markmon's settings into a gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157142...57699089361210
@markmon1 I'm confused why on the 2 "image enhancements" screens, all the boxes are unchecked. Doesn't that mean none of those enhancement features get applied then?
SirMaster is offline  
post #54 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
I put markmon's settings into a gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157142...57699089361210


Thank you. Do these settings do frame by frame tone mapping or is something was required


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #55 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Thank you. Do these settings do frame by frame tone mapping or is something was required


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tone mapping settings will be under the display/device settings, in the HDR folder. These are more just general image enhancement settings. The important thing that I have found is play a video and then do CTRL+J to bring up all of the render stats. Look at the bottom/middle and you will see a stat for dropped frames. If you are dropping frames then you have too much enabled and need to scale down your settings. For me the thing that puts me over the top is in artifact removal (ringing) with a 4k source. I have to disable that or I am dropping 4-5 frames a second. For any other source (720/1080) I can have everything turned on all the way up and I don't drop any frames.
dgrizzard is offline  
post #56 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 131
On a different matter, could someone that is experienced with MadVR point me at what I need to enable to make sure 3d is working throughout the chain (windows, Nvidia, Kodi DSPlayer, madvr)? My RS1000 just shipped today so I'm trying to get everything setup properly, then I can test with 3d once it gets here.
dgrizzard is offline  
post #57 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Did you get this figured out? The key is to set up Kodi to use an external player. I use zoom player, but I think most people use the free DS Player kodi addon.
I downloaded the Kodi DSPlayer build that has built in MadVR, Lavfilters, etc.

I am just waiting for my RTX2060 to deliver to start to play with MadVR. I tried using it on stock intel processor and had so many framedrops that it was unusable.

In the interim I will create the profiles based on the settings you used.

Still trying to figure out where to get the nightly MadVR build - and which one to use.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #58 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
I downloaded the Kodi DSPlayer build that has built in MadVR, Lavfilters, etc.

I am just waiting for my RTX2060 to deliver to start to play with MadVR. I tried using it on stock intel processor and had so many framedrops that it was unusable.

In the interim I will create the profiles based on the settings you used.

Still trying to figure out where to get the nightly MadVR build - and which one to use.
Madshi just posted one today in the thread. All you do is drop the files into your Madvr folder and replace what's currently there.

Post for latest build:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-185.html#post57696882
dgrizzard is offline  
post #59 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Killroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ninth Circle of Hell
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Still trying to figure out where to get the nightly MadVR build - and which one to use.
I gave you the link yesterday... you can go back and download all the prior builds. Version 49 is pretty good but more basic.
Killroy is offline  
post #60 of 236 Old 03-05-2019, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,366
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
@markmon1 I'm confused why on the 2 "image enhancements" screens, all the boxes are unchecked. Doesn't that mean none of those enhancement features get applied then?
Yea, I think that I have profiles and that screen is on native 4K source. So very little processing done there (I think some anti noise related stuff only)

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Theater Computers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off