What is a great Blu Ray "Menu" Creator? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By iSeries

post #1 of 7 Old 04-16-2019, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is a great Blu Ray "Menu" Creator?

This seems a lot harder than I thought it would be. But almost every single software I checked out seems to have horrible reviews. I am not looking to edit anything too much. I simply want to be able to...

- work with any size blank blu ray disc up to 128 gb including 3d.
- add a custom picture for the background of my blu ray screen.
- add a music to play in the background while the menu screen is being looked at.
- For there to be options for Chapters and Extras/bonus material
- For it to be able to go to different pages of the menu screen. Blu ray disc go up to like 128 gb? I believe. I want to be able to put a lot of videos on a disc. So I would like it to be able to click onto the next page and see options for the videos on that page as well as music playing in the background.

^ I use to be able to do all this on an old DVD creator . But I cant remember what it was. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was hoping to keep it at around $50 bucks if there wasn't something free that could do it. I am hesitant to purchase anything when everyone says how bad it is. Please if you could help I would really appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-17-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Have you looked at NERO?

Bill
post #3 of 7 Old 04-17-2019, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post
Have you looked at NERO?

Bill
I have heard of Nero but people seem to be so down on it. I thought I would ask around and see if there was something that users would recommend highly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-19-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prob View Post
This seems a lot harder than I thought it would be. But almost every single software I checked out seems to have horrible reviews. I am not looking to edit anything too much. I simply want to be able to...

- work with any size blank blu ray disc up to 128 gb including 3d.
- add a custom picture for the background of my blu ray screen.
- add a music to play in the background while the menu screen is being looked at.
- For there to be options for Chapters and Extras/bonus material
- For it to be able to go to different pages of the menu screen. Blu ray disc go up to like 128 gb? I believe. I want to be able to put a lot of videos on a disc. So I would like it to be able to click onto the next page and see options for the videos on that page as well as music playing in the background.

^ I use to be able to do all this on an old DVD creator . But I cant remember what it was. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was hoping to keep it at around $50 bucks if there wasn't something free that could do it. I am hesitant to purchase anything when everyone says how bad it is. Please if you could help I would really appreciate it!
Probably AVCHD is your best option. It hasn't been supported in a few years now, but still does do what you describe above.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #5 of 7 Old 04-22-2019, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
Probably AVCHD is your best option. It hasn't been supported in a few years now, but still does do what you describe above.
Thank you for the reply. Do you know of a link where I can find that? I searched online but AVCHD (not familiar with it) seems to just be the format of what to save a file in. I cant seem to a find a blu ray menu creator for it. Do you know where it can be found?
post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2019, 03:19 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Hi, the program is called multiAVCHD

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143744
superleo likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-30-2019, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Hi, the program is called multiAVCHD

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143744
Thank you for suggesting AVCHD I tried my best to make it do what I mentioned but I was unable to have it work. It is pretty technical and I am not the most savvy at this obviously. Its crazy there isn't a simple software for this. I basically just dont want that big thumbnail on the front menu screen of the blu ray. You would think that it wouldnt be that difficult to find but apparently it is impossible lol. I have tried like 20 programs now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page