Computer HDMI to plasma TV - many dropped frames - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Computer HDMI to plasma TV - many dropped frames

Windows 7, Nvidia GTX 980 Ti, Chrome browser
Samsung PN51E7000 plasma TV

If I watch a Netflix, Amazon, or CBS all access on my computer connected to an old LCD monitor, it looks fine. If I connect HDMI to the Samsung TV and then drag the browser over to the secondary display (TV), dropped frames are obvious for any fast moving objects. Note that the LCD monitor and TV are on at the same time and I have "Extend desktop to this display" turn on. Turning the LCD off or disabling it in Windows did not seem to help.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I would say it's because you are running at 60Hz but it looks like a common problem regardless. https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...stuttering/18/ - post 258 says firefox works, but still doesn't sound too happy about it.

Running off a bluray player or something like an apple tv works properly without the hassle.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-08-2019, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow2 View Post
I would say it's because you are running at 60Hz but it looks like a common problem regardless. https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...stuttering/18/ - post 258 says firefox works, but still doesn't sound too happy about it.

Running off a bluray player or something like an apple tv works properly without the hassle.
The solutions listed did not exactly work. I ended up deleting the Chrome plugin they talked about and it did not install it again. The picture quality seems to have improved significantly. I wish I could go back to the old way to see how much.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-09-2019, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
So it is better? For any stuttering issues still, you could try changing the output frequency to the video frame rate. If it's 24 Hz your tv might then enable frame interpolation to smooth it out. At 60 Hz you will always have the dropped frames and the FI might not even work - further making it look worse. I suspect the lcd looks the same but the issues are less noticeable (blurry but way less choppy).

Last edited by tooslow2; 05-09-2019 at 06:44 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-25-2019, 02:44 AM

Liked: 0
Your old LCD TV problem

I also guess it's something wrong with your LCD TV. It drops frames off, which means it can't support video image refresh up to 60Hz. You'd better change to a HDTV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
hdmi , Nvidia , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page