New SiliconDust HDHR All-in-One DVRs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-06-2019, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 411
New SiliconDust HDHR All-in-One DVRs

Just saw the announcement from SD about their latest units available for pre-order. There may have already been a post about these when they were showed at the last CES so consider this an update. They have the HDHR Scribe Duo for $199.099 and the Scribe Quatro for $249.99, each with 1TB of capacity. The Duo is a Best Buy exclusive and can only be purchased through them. They also offer a 2TB storage add-on for $149.99. These are all OTA products. More info can be found here:

https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/pr...gory/hardware/

I'm not sure what's happening with their Premium TV service, but the last I heard was that they had to shut it down because of an injunction filed against them. I don't know the details or what the current status is, but SD contends that they jumped through all the proper hoops to get the content from the providers so we'll just have to wait until the dust settles to see what's what.

Considering that you can already use a HDHR OTA tuner with any PC, these are clearly aimed at customers that want a plug and play appliance and not a HTPC. The website says the units will be available for shipping by June 30th, but knowing SD that probably means we'll see them six months from now if we're lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2124 Post(s)
Liked: 4032
As this isn't an HTPC and in an effort to keep all the replies in the same place, I've copied this topic into the HDTV Recorders sections, which IS for standalone recording solutions.

To reply to the above post or participate in the discussion, CLICK HERE.

Thanks.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page