Help with Kodi and LG 65C9 Oled with HDR - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 06-11-2019, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 893 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Did you try connecting the PC directly to the TV and using the HDMI 2.1 eARC on the C9 to the AVR? The eARC can pass Dolby Atmos, but I don't know if the AVR also has to be HDMI 2.1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 06-12-2019, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
This whole thing is driving nuts. I have another problem now. I hooked up the AT&T uVerse STB to the receiver port HDMI 2. Video is passed but no audio! If I unplug the HDMI cable going to the TV the audio starts working!!
post #33 of 38 Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I have decided to abandon using the HDMI input ports on the Pioneer LX503. They don't work too well. I have my PC and AT&T STB going to the LG TV. The ARC HDMI port on the TV is going to the output HDMI on the receiver. I will try passing all the audio and see what happens. First kink is mad-VR is not working 2 ch AAC files. I get no sound. If I disable the LAV audio filter and use the Windows default the AAC works but it breaks some of the HD audio formats.

Is there a way to configure madVR to only invoke the Windows default driver if AAC is detected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 06-13-2019, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Not getting any audio can happen when using WASPI Exclusive output and the audio renderer can't negotiate that the end device supports the desired audio format. You could try WASAPI Shared instead, but I don't know if it would make a difference.

Try updating the internal copy of LAV Audio installed with DSPlayer by using the instructions towards the end of this post. Copy and paste the configurations files from the newest LAV Filters into the DSPlayer LAV Filters folder:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...566#pid1966566

There is also a thread here on the limitations of eARC on the new LG TVs:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...fo-thread.html
post #35 of 38 Old 06-14-2019, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Today I caved and spent more money. My wallet really hurts now.

I bought a Radeon RX 580 graphics card and it resolved my 4k pass-through. So far what I tested, Kodi-DSPlayer worked flawlessly with Avatar and T2 which are both HDR with HD audio. Zero issues. I even tried my 2ch AAC audio stuff which also worked!! So it looks like I am in business and can finally clean up my living room which looks like a bomb went off. 3 PC's were gutted testing this mess. I had to replace the power supply in my Kodi PC, the 500 watt I had would not fire up the Radeon card.

I did try the latest LAV filters and copied over the 32bit files to the Kodi directory. But the audio stopped working entirely. I made a backup and copied the files back and it returned to normal.
post #36 of 38 Old 06-15-2019, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So you finally got it working.

The issue with LAV Filters not working might have something to do with you an improper copy and paste or you needed the 64-bit rather than 32-bit files. I haven't had any issue with this in the past. You can also use the external copy of LAV Filters if you use the DSPlayer starter kit files found in the DSPlayer guide and set DSPlayer to use external filters rather than internal filters.
post #37 of 38 Old 06-15-2019, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
So you finally got it working.

The issue with LAV Filters not working might have something to do with you an improper copy and paste or you needed the 64-bit rather than 32-bit files. I haven't had any issue with this in the past. You can also use the external copy of LAV Filters if you use the DSPlayer starter kit files found in the DSPlayer guide and set DSPlayer to use external filters rather than internal filters.
I tried both the 64 and 32 bit. I don't copy/paste, I always use Total Commander for any file management, it's been my favorite tool for 20 years. The 64bit, nothing worked, the 32bit, video worked but audio was dead.
post #38 of 38 Old 06-15-2019, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It has worked for many others, so you've made some type of error.

I would instead scroll down to the heading labelled "DSPlayer Starter Kit" at the very bottom of this post and copy-and-paste the files found there into the appropriate DSPlayer directory.

Then install XySubfilter to go along with LAV Filters, and in DSPlayer, set Filters management to Media rules and Filters configuration. That should allow DSPlayer to use the versions of LAV Filters and XySubFilters installed in Windows. Performance should be identical to using internal filters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page