Ceton Echo - Any support now? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-14-2019, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Ceton Echo - Any support now?

Anyone have any recent experience with Ceton, i.e. do they still offer support, trouble tickets etc.? Have an Echo that is acting up.

Assassin HTPC + Echo, Sony 49XBR850, McIntosh MX151, MC202, MC7104, MS300, B+W 803D2, CWM's, Janus 1W Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-14-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbroimp View Post
Anyone have any recent experience with Ceton, i.e. do they still offer support, trouble tickets etc.? Have an Echo that is acting up.
Maybe you should try contacting them to see. Chances are you're probably SOL since they don't seem to be supporting any Windows Media Center products anymore, but I'm just speculating. I'm pretty sure you can probably find a used Echo on ebay pretty cheap these days.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-15-2019, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
Maybe you should try contacting them to see. Chances are you're probably SOL since they don't seem to be supporting any Windows Media Center products anymore, but I'm just speculating. I'm pretty sure you can probably find a used Echo on ebay pretty cheap these days.
Thanks, but scoured Ebay with no luck as yet. Will write them and see what happens, report back for others. May try the "bad" one again to see if it resuscitates itself. Would not be the first time I have seen electronics do that.

Assassin HTPC + Echo, Sony 49XBR850, McIntosh MX151, MC202, MC7104, MS300, B+W 803D2, CWM's, Janus 1W Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-16-2019, 04:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #5 of 7 Old 08-16-2019, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
Many thanks, Capt! Much obliged!

post #6 of 7 Old 08-20-2019, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, but scoured Ebay with no luck as yet. Will write them and see what happens, report back for others. May try the "bad" one again to see if it resuscitates itself. Would not be the first time I have seen electronics do that.
Wow. Let that baby sit for a few days and put it back on line. Left it along for a while and came back and it had booted and seems to work fine now. I guess I will never understand these kinds of devices.

post #7 of 7 Old 08-21-2019, 04:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wow. Let that baby sit for a few days and put it back on line. Left it along for a while and came back and it had booted and seems to work fine now. I guess I will never understand these kinds of devices.

Apparently nobody does because the Echo was plagued with issues. Some people had no problems with them but they were a major headache for others. I was part of the beta testing program and I went through two of them before throwing in the towel and getting a full refund. There were much better extenders made before the Echo came along so if you really need to use an extender I would suggest looking for one of the HP models. Linksys was also a popular model and I believe D-Link made the other one. I tried them all and liked the HP model the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page