Best monitor situation going forward for me...? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-29-2019, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Best monitor situation going forward for me...?

So I am setting up a basement man cave and currently have a 3-4 year old cheap as can be 27" Qnix (???) 1440p monitor being fed video from a PC with a GTX 1070 card by way of a "Dual DVI" port.

I would like to go from this 1 monitor to 2 monitors + a TV. I assume there are Dual DVI <----> HDMI adapters, but what types of inputs are standard on monitors nowadays? I'd like to add one 27" monitor (4k capable preferrably) .

So how do I go about sending a signal from 1 output from the video card ("DVI") to a TV (HDMI?), current monitor ("Dual DVI"), and a future monitor

Keep in mind, most of the time I will just be using the 2 computer monitors, but would like the ability to play games or do other PC tasks on the big screen TV. Also, I will probably be using this in conjunction with a 5.1 sound system so may be running cable from the PC to the two computer monitors + an AVR receiver instead of two computer monitors + a TV

How would you guys go about completing this setup? What 27" monitors should I be looking at that are consensus price/performance market leaders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page