WMC losing guide data Jan 2020 - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #121 of 125 Old 02-01-2020, 04:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2814 Post(s)
Liked: 2500
Can't miss it - it will be on the bottom left of the dialog box.

BTW, I've been using epg123 and had updates turned off, so I don't know how some have been lucky enough not to have to deal with the annoying pop-up (and I have a pop-up blocker).
Just glad it's gone now.
Michael
beerhunt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 125 Old 02-05-2020, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
I just did it, all I have left to do is go uncheck the channels I don't get in WMC so it doesn't record on channels I don't have (I realize I could have done this during EPG123 setup I believe but I like having the guide data for other channels as I may decide to add them if I see anything interesting).

Somehow it seems like it transferred my recording schedule automatically as they are all still there after setting up EPG123, I thought it would require additional steps.

Thanks everyone for the help as this was a bit stressful for me as this is also my work PC (use LCD monitor to work and switch to 106" front projection to use as an HTPC) and I didn't want anything to go wrong.

Edit: I just realized only the most popular TV shows were transferred to the new recording schedule, or about 28 out of over 50, I knew it was too good to be true but at least most transferred flawlessly.
I did this three years ago without such luxury. epg123 has come a very long way, adding in the features of MyChannelLogos and GuideTool along the way.

post #123 of 125 Old 02-05-2020, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My WMC 8.1, Acer laptop, epg updated for February. Maybe someone flipped it back on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 125 Old 02-06-2020, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Windows 8 is still under MS support, so that’s good they didn’t kill the guide for you. Guessing Windows 7 users aren’t getting Rovi guide data anymore.
post #125 of 125 Old 02-17-2020, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 2245 Post(s)
Liked: 4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by roknrol View Post
Windows 8 is still under MS support, so that’s good they didn’t kill the guide for you. Guessing Windows 7 users aren’t getting Rovi guide data anymore.
Weirdly enough, I've been getting the non premium channels, and Saturday morning, I got back the premium channels. Over the past few years, I would lose the premium channels, and would have to reinstall the tuners to get them back, or they would occasionally fix themselves on their own. I went back to TiVo a few years ago, because my HTPC is not 100% reliable, and the last few years, Media Center has been flaky on it's own, and the tuner wasn't 100% reliable. Too many things to go wrong. In any case, my point is that I'm still getting data and I'm on Windows 7 pro, although I'm probably going to go to 10, and see if that windows media center link provided above works, and if not, probably just drop it instead of going back to 7.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page