How Do I Use IR Blaster with RF STB - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-29-2020, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How Do I Use IR Blaster with RF STB

I currently have a DirecTV STB working in conjunction with a Hauppauge Colossus 2 card in my PC. I can control the IR-based STB with my keyboard and mouse (I don't use the remote) via IR-Blaster cord running from the Colossus to the STB. Works great. However, I want to change providers to Comcast and their STB is RF based, not IR, so the IR-Blaster doesn't work. How can I convert the IR-Blaster signal from the Colossus 2 to RF so that it works with an RF STB? The converters I see on Amazon and elsewhere are extenders or repeaters that convert IR to RF and then back to IR (which doesn't help at all), but I'm unable to find something intended to simply convert IR to RF. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-30-2020, 09:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1206 Post(s)
Liked: 611
If the RF is proprietary your most likely out of luck as I doubt anything will work. Some STB's have IR support even if the provided RF remote is proprietary. If the RF is Bluetooth there may be possible solutions.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page