• 1 Post By Worf

post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2020, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 132
High Air Flow Fan Filters?

is there such a thing as high air flow fan filters? my equipment is in a cabinet that includes two fan panels, each fan panel consists of 6 x 120mm fans side by side, one panel is for intake the other for outtake... cabinet air flow has always been outstanding with this configuration but the intake panels sucks in too much dust for my liking, so much so that i would finally like to find a solution.

i recently tried these fan filters but found that they decrease air intake tremendously, to the point that it's hard to believe that they're a viable option for anyone... so my question is: is there a popular filter that most enthusiasts use, a filter with that allows for high air flow? perhaps even a fabric filter that can be cut to size? any help would be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-05-2020, 12:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Yes. Look up HEPA filters. They're designed for high airflow with low resistance.

Note that the typical computer fan doesn't have much sucking power - they do not work well with high negative pressures at the intake. However they can maintain high airflow even with higher back pressure caused by putting a filter in front of the fan output. In other words, make them blow, not suck, through the filter.
aeneas01 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-05-2020, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
Yes. Look up HEPA filters. They're designed for high airflow with low resistance.

Note that the typical computer fan doesn't have much sucking power - they do not work well with high negative pressures at the intake. However they can maintain high airflow even with higher back pressure caused by putting a filter in front of the fan output. In other words, make them blow, not suck, through the filter.

thanks, very helpful, will check it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page