HTPCRemote: Simple remote control of your HTPC and home theater from any web browser - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 05-20-2020, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
What were the devices and browsers it didn’t work on?

You said a phone, tablet, and laptop.

What browser and version on the laptop and what are the phone and tablet and OS version if you can find that out.

Is it possible on the laptop you can right click the remote page and do view page source or view source and paste that somewhere like pastebin.com

I can’t think how the remote would work on the htpc and load on another browser but the buttons not work.

Can you also copy and paste the contents of your .json file in your remote folder?

An android-phone and an android tablet (both running android 9 and using chrome-browser). On the laptop I'm using Firefox 76.0.1.

The only buttons I expect to work are the "Start Kodi" and "Close", the others are just experimental or not changed from the default.

I don't have enough posts here to post links so I'll PM you the pastebin-links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 05-20-2020, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1220 Post(s)
Liked: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelleplutt View Post
An android-phone and an android tablet (both running android 9 and using chrome-browser). On the laptop I'm using Firefox 76.0.1.

The only buttons I expect to work are the "Start Kodi" and "Close", the others are just experimental or not changed from the default.

Maybe you can also try enabling the show errors checkbox in the remote program main screen and try pressing the buttons on your phone or tablet and see if any error pops up on the HTPC.
post #33 of 37 Old 05-20-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Maybe you can also try enabling the show errors checkbox in the remote program main screen and try pressing the buttons on your phone or tablet and see if any error pops up on the HTPC.

No errors are shown, sadly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 05-20-2020, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You can't post links and I don't even know if you can send PMs.

But you don't need to post the whole link :P

Just give me the pastebin ID, the letter/number combo at the end of the URL.
post #35 of 37 Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
You can't post links and I don't even know if you can send PMs.

But you don't need to post the whole link :P

Just give me the pastebin ID, the letter/number combo at the end of the URL.

I just did a good old fashioned "turn it off and on again" on the htpc and it seems to work from the tablet and phone now. Not from the laptop strangely but that's a lesser problem. Sorry to bother you with my problems before trying that.
post #36 of 37 Old 05-20-2020, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just did a good old fashioned "turn it off and on again" on the htpc and it seems to work from the tablet and phone now. Not from the laptop strangely but that's a lesser problem. Sorry to bother you with my problems before trying that.
I don't mind!

I feel bad you are having these problems and I just don't want people to get turned off from my program by having problems like it might be wasting their time.

I am definitely here to try to help fix

That's interesting that it's working now haha. It is truly stumping my brain about why the laptop still isn't working yet though.

I have a few friends who use this as well and so far I have not seen this sort of problem yet. But I am sure we can eventually figure it out if you feel the need to troubleshoot the laptop more.

Last edited by SirMaster; 05-20-2020 at 11:40 AM.
post #37 of 37 Old 05-20-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I don't mind!

I feel bad you are having these problems and I just don't want people to get turned off from my program by having problems like it might be wasting their time.

I am definitely here to try to help fix

That's interesting that it's working now haha. It is truly stumping my brain so far still about why the laptop still isn't working yet though.

I have a few friends who use this as well and so far I have no seen this sort of problem yet. But I am sure we can eventually figure it out if you feel the need to troubleshoot the laptop more.

I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can see what's causing the laptop-problem. And if it's something we htpc-users are used to it's putting in time to get things correct :-) Keep up the good work and thanks for the help!
SirMaster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page