Best media player (to bitstream audio) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-12-2020, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best media player (to bitstream audio)

Hey can anyone help out choosing the best media player in terms of video and audio quality . I have been using kodi till now . It works perfectly fine ,But is there any better media player to get theatre audio experience at home.Also can anyone guide how to properly setup pc to get max output as same as bluray players.
Im using a yamaha rx v375 avr with bose speakers 5.1.
Windows 10
Sorry for bad english🤪
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-12-2020, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked: 683
What kind of video card do you have in your HTPC. Any player that supports MadVR will give you the best video and virtually all will bitstream audio leaving the HTPC out of the mix and letting the AVR handle the audio. KODI's default player won't support MadVR but KODI can use other players. KODI/DSplayer version does but it's been out of date and is no longer supported. MPCbe and MPChc are popular but there are several others that will run MadVR. MadVR does require a fairly high end video card.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 8 Old 05-13-2020, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked: 462
If you want better audio quality then you might consider getting some speakers that are better at reproducing music. Bose speakers may sound nice to anyone that isn't familiar with good sound reproduction, but they are anything but accurate. Bose products are overhyped so they're a brand name that people are familiar with because they're known to just about everyone. That doesn't mean they're a good product, just well advertised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-13-2020, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Im having nvdia gtx 1050ti video card.
Which is the best player which supports madvr and also bitstreams audio??
post #5 of 8 Old 05-13-2020, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav Vinod View Post
Im having nvdia gtx 1050ti video card.
Which is the best player which supports madvr and also bitstreams audio??
1050ti is about the bare minimum but can run MadVR at the lower settings and is what I have also. I am using MPCbe with MadVR and it does a decent job tone mapping HDR to SDR for me but I am not using some of the video enhancement options as MadVR is recommending a 1070 or better card at minimum. MadVR when used to its fullest extent can max out a RTX2080ti card fairly easily. Most players will bitstream the audio but generally not by default and its needs to be enabled in settings.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #6 of 8 Old 05-14-2020, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
1050ti is about the bare minimum but can run MadVR at the lower settings and is what I have also. I am using MPCbe with MadVR and it does a decent job tone mapping HDR to SDR for me but I am not using some of the video enhancement options as MadVR is recommending a 1070 or better card at minimum. MadVR when used to its fullest extent can max out a RTX2080ti card fairly easily. Most players will bitstream the audio but generally not by default and its needs to be enabled in settings.
I just now installed mpc hc with madvr.When i play a 1080p full hd movie in full screen ,black screen comes for few seconds and keeps on repeating it.Why is it like that.Can you guide me to solve this issue.I have 2 video cards: intel uhd grahics 630 and gtx 1050ti,when i check out the display settings,its showing display connected to intel uhd graphics 630 that is my laptop display itself but when i connect to digital projector it shows gtx.How to properly configure madvr for both displays(laptop and projector).Im new to this ,please help to solve this issue
I have attached 2 ss
cheeers[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (5).png
Views:	28
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	2726044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (6).png
Views:	24
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	2726046  

Last edited by Pranav Vinod; 05-14-2020 at 02:23 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-14-2020, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav Vinod View Post
I just now installed mpc hc with madvr.When i play a 1080p full hd movie in full screen ,black screen comes for few seconds and keeps on repeating it.Why is it like that.Can you guide me to solve this issue.I have 2 video cards: intel uhd grahics 630 and gtx 1050ti,when i check out the display settings,its showing display connected to intel uhd graphics 630 that is my laptop display itself but when i connect to digital projector it shows gtx.How to properly configure madvr for both displays(laptop and projector).Im new to this ,please help to solve this issue
I have attached 2 ss
cheeers[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I would go into the BIOS settings on the computer and disable the intel on board graphics 630 so it only uses the GTX1050ti. MadVR is very complicated so I would at least read the beginning of the post in this forum but of course reading the whole post is like novel.

post #8 of 8 Old 05-14-2020, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
I would go into the BIOS settings on the computer and disable the intel on board graphics 630 so it only uses the GTX1050ti. MadVR is very complicated so I would at least read the beginning of the post in this forum but of course reading the whole post is like novel.
ok i will try that now,but while using a projector also same issue(gtx 1050ti).This happens only when i play the movie full screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page