MPC-BE suddenly not bitstreaming. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-18-2020, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
MPC-BE suddenly not bitstreaming.

Hi all.

I've been using a standard PC to run media via HDMI to a receiver (RVX 573) and TV, using MPC-BE, MadVR & Lav filters; been working fine for over a year. I've set it all up to bitstream audio to the receiver, no issues.
I tried to play a movie the other night, and the receiver showed PCM. Thought it was the movie, so tried others that have worked in the past, same deal. When I checked MPC-BE, it showed it was using Lav Video & splitter, but internal audio filter. After trying several movies, the following strange behavior has occurred.

Movie 1: TrueHD - Receiver shows: PCM
Movie 2: DTS MHD- Receiver shows: PCM
Movie 3: DTS MHD - Receiver shows: DTS
Movie 4: Dolby Digital - Receiver shows: Dolby Digital

So it seems to be software decoding TrueHD & DTS Master HD, but bitstreaming DTS & DD. I've checked all the settings in MPC-BE, Lav filters etc, it's all good (Lav set to prefered, all formats unticked in internal filter). Also checked windows sound (I know it shouldn't be relevant) and it's detecting the receiver supports the higher formats, so EDID seems to be intact. Also tried uninstalling the Lav filters altogether, problem remained, so it seems to be an MPC-BE issue.

So, question is, anyone know why MPC-BE has suddenly decided to stop using Lav audio? And even if it's not using Lav, shouldn't the internal filter be able to bitstream these formats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-18-2020, 09:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1382 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Did try to reload the HDMI audio driver? Windows update crashes the driver on a regular basses. Also try a right click in the audio icon and run the trouble shooter as it should give you the option to reload the driver.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/BenQ 3550 Projectors, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Denon 4500H with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains, SVS PB2000, 3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page