Question regarding Movies previously ripped on a hard drive? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-20-2020, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Question regarding Movies previously ripped on a hard drive?

It's been three or four years since I quit ripping movies however at the time I used MyMovies and AnyDVD to rip and store movies. I also had a Sony 400 disc blu-ray player which is getting glitchy.

I want to transfer all of my movies that I had ripped to my new Hard Drives I ordered and start using MadVR as well as a new interface such as Kodi or JR River or something. My question is will the new player find the movies and the hard drive and copy the information to the new system? Not sure If I'm doing a good job with my question but hopefully someone can help.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-20-2020, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Copying movies from one HDD to another is the same as copying a file from one folder to another. You can copy and paste or drag and drop. For Kodi and JRiver, you tell the program where the movies are stored (which hard drive(s)) and the software will pull the movie information off the internet. If that is not the answer to your question, you may need to reword the question.

Sharp LC-80LE844U | HT PC | Marantz AV8003 | Marsh Sound Design A400s (FL/FR) | Marantz MM7055 (C/SL/SR) | PSA MTM 210T (FL/FR) | PSA MTM 210C (Center) | Phase Tech PC 3.1 (SL/SR/SB) | Dual PSA S1811 Subs
post #3 of 5 Old 05-21-2020, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawaburger View Post
Copying movies from one HDD to another is the same as copying a file from one folder to another. You can copy and paste or drag and drop. For Kodi and JRiver, you tell the program where the movies are stored (which hard drive(s)) and the software will pull the movie information off the internet. If that is not the answer to your question, you may need to reword the question.
Thank you for my answering my question. That's what I was hoping for. Just waiting for my MB to arrive and than we will build the HTPC over the weekend.

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-21-2020, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shafer View Post
Thank you for my answering my question. That's what I was hoping for. Just waiting for my MB to arrive and than we will build the HTPC over the weekend.

Thanks again
I use Kodi for movies, and they have a great wiki that covers how to get it all set up and goes over all the options. I also recommend that you purchase additional external HDD so you have all your movies backed up in case you get a HDD failure. I would hate to have to rip all my movies and music again!

Sharp LC-80LE844U | HT PC | Marantz AV8003 | Marsh Sound Design A400s (FL/FR) | Marantz MM7055 (C/SL/SR) | PSA MTM 210T (FL/FR) | PSA MTM 210C (Center) | Phase Tech PC 3.1 (SL/SR/SB) | Dual PSA S1811 Subs
post #5 of 5 Old 05-22-2020, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Agreed. I have 16 TB but will need more and my try and back up via the cloud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page