Did I make a mistake in adding a 2080super GPU in my HTPC with Windows 10 Pro?? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2020, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve shafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Angry Did I make a mistake in adding a 2080super GPU in my HTPC with Windows 10 Pro??

Ok, my HTPC is built and decided to exchange my 2060 video card and go with a 2080 super. Cards installed and have had some stutter issues with madvr so I decided to try and roll back the driver and I'm having issues with doing that. It states it doesn't support this windows system. I'm using Windows 10 pro.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks
steve shafer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 06-13-2020, 04:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 682
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shafer View Post
Ok, my HTPC is built and decided to exchange my 2060 video card and go with a 2080 super. Cards installed and have had some stutter issues with madvr so I decided to try and roll back the driver and I'm having issues with doing that. It states it doesn't support this windows system. I'm using Windows 10 pro.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks
The requirements to run madvr are rather low and your card is WAY above what is needed. There's got to be something in your settings that is conflicting. What specific card is it? What's the rest of your machine?
Gary Mertz is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 06-14-2020, 08:36 AM
Member
 
swtfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I have a regular 2080 on windows 10 with mpc-hc & madvr and have experienced the random stutter issue with certain driver and fullscreen/overlay related settings. Currently everything is working well with driver version 445.87 and D3D11 fullscreen exclusive mode. On older driver releases it would only work properly with D3D9 windowed overlay mode.

Vizio P75-C1 | HTPC (i7-7700k, RTX2080) | Linux Mediaserver (16TB RAID6) | Yamaha RX-A3060 (7.2) | Minidsp 2x4 Balanced | EP4000 | Fusion 12 Tempest L/C/R | Klipsch AW-650 Surrounds | 2x PA460 subs | a bunch of stuff from my old house that I need to re-integrate
Online Ticket Maker: https://www.zuban5.com
swtfman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 06-14-2020, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve shafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtfman View Post
I have a regular 2080 on windows 10 with mpc-hc & madvr and have experienced the random stutter issue with certain driver and fullscreen/overlay related settings. Currently everything is working well with driver version 445.87 and D3D11 fullscreen exclusive mode. On older driver releases it would only work properly with D3D9 windowed overlay mode.
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Black Dual fan. I'm not at home but will try and do a screen shot of my madvr settings.

I have tried to download older drivers from Nvidia's website and they say their not operational with this version of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

Steve
steve shafer is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2020, 08:44 AM
Member
 
swtfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shafer View Post
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Black Dual fan. I'm not at home but will try and do a screen shot of my madvr settings.

I have tried to download older drivers from Nvidia's website and they say their not operational with this version of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

Steve
Make sure you are downloading the "DCH" version of the driver for win10.

Vizio P75-C1 | HTPC (i7-7700k, RTX2080) | Linux Mediaserver (16TB RAID6) | Yamaha RX-A3060 (7.2) | Minidsp 2x4 Balanced | EP4000 | Fusion 12 Tempest L/C/R | Klipsch AW-650 Surrounds | 2x PA460 subs | a bunch of stuff from my old house that I need to re-integrate
Online Ticket Maker: https://www.zuban5.com
swtfman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Theater Computers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off