Htpc build for Epson 6040UB - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-16-2020, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hey guys. I want to build a HTPC for Movies and Music im not into games but once ill build so may be sometime i play but major focus is for pure Home Theater purpose which is Movies and music. Currently im using Nvidia Shield not the new model device . I was using with Sony 45es projector and everything was going good but since i have Upgraded my Projector and screen size im having issue which has snatched my Day Night peace and someone suggested me i need a HTPC with Good GPU now i need to ask if i build a HTPC with atleast 1070 or 1080GPU will my problem be solved or not. What problem im facing is since ive bought 6040ub my video is not smooth and clear its looks like some jerks or some blure background images only at fast action or moving sceans and when camera stops at any scean it becomes or shows crystal clear. If anyone is already using Epson 6040ub or have experienced 6040ub kindly step up and share ur experience and guide what should i do to get clear and smoot image and all the HTPC experts please show me direction what should i do will my HTPC resolve my issue or not.
One more thing i forgot to mention i want to watch UHD , 4k, HDR content which ive with me in my Hard drive which is about 80TB data and yes i watch Netflix aswell.

PROJECTOR is Epson 6040ub
Scrren size is 170inches 2.35:1

I was reading some threads here where people r talking about Madvr and Jriver kindly explain whats that i just learned till now these r softwares which improves Audio and Video quality.

Last edited by Zeeshantariq; 06-17-2020 at 06:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-17-2020, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Refresh
post #3 of 7 Old 06-17-2020, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Think of madvr as a software-based video processor with lots of tuning options. It needs some kind of player to hook up to. J River is one of the software players that support it.

Generally, madvr helps people with projectors more than people with TV displays. This is so, particularly when it comes to high dynamic range playback.

The more options and quality settings you set in madvr, the higher end GPU you will require.

Media Room: LG oled65c7, Marantz AV8805, Sherbourn 7/2100, Emotiva A-300, Studer A80, Studer Revox b795, Nakamichi RX-202, HTPC, exaSound e38, Sweetvinyl Sugarcube SC-2, (2) Piega P10, Piega Coax Center, (6) Piega AP 1.2, Hsu VTF-15h mk2
Office: Emotiva mini-x A100, Geek Pulse, (2) KEF LS-50, Goldenear FF 4, PC, NAS 130TB
Bedroom: Panasonic TCP55vt35, Marantz NR1200, Dune 3 Prime, (2) Elac Uni-Fi UB5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-17-2020, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1367 Post(s)
Liked: 703
Your Sony does have very good motion handling processors built in where the Epson may not be as good. MadVR should help. The PC just needs to run WIN10 efficiently as its all in the video card.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #5 of 7 Old 06-17-2020, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thankyou giving ur time. Today i brough a Pc from friend of mine for testing. Let me share the pc specs first.
I5 9gen
Amd redeon 5700 8gbgpu
Thermaltake 800watt psu
16gb raml
500gb ssd
Mother 3.1 usb hdmi 2.0
Rgb casing cyberpower
So these r the pc specs which i tested. We tried MadVr although it increased the image quality but cudnt help to resolve motions issue then we installed trial version of SVP4 where v set Frame rate to 60hz and yes this software improved the motion and details but when we increase the motion rate image start gosting . Now my point is is it due to GPU is not suffiecent to handle the picture or motion blure willl it get Better if i get better GPU then this one will it stop image gosting and motion blure ?
post #6 of 7 Old 06-17-2020, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

It was Sony 45es and now ive better projector then sony which Epson 6040up but as u said sony has better motion. I didnt tried JRiver but i tried MadVr with Win10 media player and SVP4 player . Now i cannot go back on sony 45es as ive just bought 6040ub. Im.not getting what to do to clear Motion blure and Gost imaging issue.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-18-2020, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

JRIVER is a free software or paid and doest it improve frame interpolation as ive mention i tried MadVr it made the picture quality amazing but cudnt help with motion blure
Tomorrow im thinking to get a HTPC let me share my specs what im going to install kindly let me.know will these specs would be sufficient for playing movies without any Judring
Intel i7 9th gen
Ram 16gb
Nvidia 1080ti
Ssd 256
Cyber power Casing
About cooling fan not sure which one to go for will see which r the best available in market.

Kindly let me know if u suggest me any changed or im good to go with these specs. Thanks

The more options and quality settings you set in madvr, the higher end GPU you will require.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page