Want to build HTPC to get Clear motion and no Image gosting - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By markmon1
  • 1 Post By RLDWV

post #1 of 8 Old 06-21-2020, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello. I have Epson 6040UB p4ojector and im using 170inches 2.35:1 screen. Im having some frame interpolation motion issue and gost imaging. I want to get rid of all these problem so i have planned to build a HTPC with these Specs
RYZON 7 3800X
RAM. 16GB 3200 MHZ
GPU 1080TI OR RTX2080
I need openions from you guys do u think if i will get this or above or below this specs HTPC will it resolve my issue. I will using SVP and Madvr aswell to get the better juice out of PC.
Kindly guide me as this is 2nd time im posting to take guide and suggestion
And yes if there r any dedicated media player they will be more then welcome to me thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-21-2020, 02:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshantariq View Post
Hello. I have Epson 6040UB p4ojector and im using 170inches 2.35:1 screen. Im having some frame interpolation motion issue and gost imaging. I want to get rid of all these problem so i have planned to build a HTPC with these Specs
RYZON 7 3800X
RAM. 16GB 3200 MHZ
GPU 1080TI OR RTX2080
I need openions from you guys do u think if i will get this or above or below this specs HTPC will it resolve my issue. I will using SVP and Madvr aswell to get the better juice out of PC.
And yes if there r any dedicated media player they will be more then welcome to me thanks.
I don't know if you can get the image as smooth as you like with any interpolation solution. One solution would be a DLP projector, but picture quality is inferior to the Epson, especially in black level but not only.

SVP is CPU based.

Both madvr and SVP are not easy to configure and I don't know if you have the patience.

Madvr guide
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188

and SVP help and forum:
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVP
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:4K_and_HDR
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=7

So,

Try to see if interpolation looks ok for you. The 6040 has interpolation but only 1080p24p. So try a 1080p24p video and activate interpolation.

Or

Get a JVC NX5/NX7, but they might not be bright enough for a screen that large, and a positive gain screen might be required. They are also more expensive.

Or

a DLP projector like the UHD52ALV or TK850. Black level, color, WCG coverage will be inferior to the 6040.

It could also be a configuration issue with the current setup.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-21-2020, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Quoted: 6829 Post(s)
Liked: 4952
I think even a 2080ti will struggle with 60 fps with any decent madVR algorithms. That means anything that happens has to be rendered inside of 16.67ms. I think if it were me, I'd probably wait until Sept when the 3000 series GPUs are released.
RLDWV likes this.

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-21-2020, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
Quote:
RYZON 7 3800X
RAM. 16GB 3200 MHZ
GPU 1080TI OR RTX2080
I don't know if you can get the image as smooth as you like with any interpolation solution. One solution would be a DLP projector, but picture quality is inferior to the Epson, especially in black level but not only.

SVP is CPU based.

Both madvr and SVP are not easy to configure and I don't know if you have the patience.

Madvr guide
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188

and SVP help and forum:
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVP
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:4K_and_HDR
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=7

So,

Try to see if interpolation looks ok for you. The 6040 has interpolation but only 1080p24p. So try a 1080p24p video and activate interpolation.

Or

Get a JVC NX5/NX7, but they might not be bright enough for a screen that large, and a positive gain screen might be required. They are also more expensive.

Or

a DLP projector like the UHD52ALV or TK850. Black level, color, WCG coverage will be inferior to the 6040.

It could also be a configuration issue with the current setup.
Thankyou so much for the detailed reply . Changing the Projector is not possible for me i just bought it and i dont think ill find any buyer for it so lets skip this option.
As u said SVP is CPU based . Mean my processor should be enough capable to handle it . And yes right now all ive left is patience wd me ive to take everystep very wisely
Meanwhile let me go through the links u have share.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-21-2020, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I think even a 2080ti will struggle with 60 fps with any decent madVR algorithms. That means anything that happens has to be rendered inside of 16.67ms. I think if it were me, I'd probably wait until Sept when the 3000 series GPUs are released.
Sir can u plz explain what this 16.67ms. Sorry i dont know what this as im not so experted or knowledged person in this case.
My budget wont allows me to put my hand on 2080ti so thinking about newer model is just a dream for me right now. All i can get 2080 can u suggest me should i go for intel i7 9th gen or Ryzon 7 3800x with 2080. Purpose of usage ive already explain kindly guide. Thanks.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-21-2020, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Thankyou so much for the detailed reply . Changing the Projector is not possible for me i just bought it and i dont think ill find any buyer for it so lets skip this option.
As u said SVP is CPU based . Mean my processor should be enough capable to handle it . And yes right now all ive left is patience wd me ive to take everystep very wisely
Meanwhile let me go through the links u have share.
Try the interpolation on the projector then with a 1080p24 file.

Can't comment on the best CPU/GPU.

16ms is what the render time should be for when you take a 24p video and interpolated to 60.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-22-2020, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
It's funny. When I joined this site in 2004, I was trying to get the best video possible out of my rig with an Athlon XP 2500+ CPU. I was told that to have enough power to run the really good algorithms in ffdshow that I should spring for the Athlon XP 2800, or better yet, hold out for the upcoming XP3000. Somehow, even 16 years later, true video nirvana always lies over the "next" hill.
Manu9 likes this.

...there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know." -D. Rumsfeld
post #8 of 8 Old 06-23-2020, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

I want to say thankyou to all of you who tried to help and guide. I have build a HTPC with these specs
Ryzen 3800x
GPU 1080 Zotac
Ram 16gb 3600mhz
Motherboard. MSI x470 Gaming Plus

Im using SVP4 witg MadVr
Player using Kodi
I must say my it has done Fantastic job geting great processing with no frame interpolation issue the only issue right now is with me is Gost imaging but i hope playing with settings i will resolve this issue aswell and in future i will jump to RTX 2080ti

Just sharred my experience. Might this will help someone else too. Once again thankyou you people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page