need VTS_01_4.VOB for America In Concert - Live in Sydney (2004) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-30-2020, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
need VTS_01_4.VOB for America In Concert - Live in Sydney (2004)

I own a copy of "America In Concert - Live in Sydney (2004)" on DVD (standard DVD). It's a great concert.

The disc will not play in my Blu-Ray player or on the DVD reader of 3 different laptops. There is no evidence of physical damage (scratches) on the disc. I did try circular polishing with toothpaste, but it still won't play. So I have spent several days trying to do some recovery. I have been able to pull off all of the /VIDEO_TS files to my computer, but one file will not copy - it gets an error halfway through. I tried 3 different computers. This is NOT an issue of encryption/decryption, which I can deal with. Just to emphasize, it won't play on my Blu-Ray player, which of course, won't have any encryption issue.

The main concert consists of 5 VOB files:
VTS_01_1.VOB - ok
VTS_01_2.VOB - ok
VTS_01_3.VOB - ok
VTS_01_4.VOB - damaged in the middle - this is the file I need
VTS_01_5.VOB - ok

The original file is 1,073,709,056 bytes (~1GB). I have recovered the first 471,511,040 bytes (by copying until error), and the last 467,488,768 bytes (with a program I wrote to back up from the end of the file as far as I can without error and then copy from there to the end). However, I can not get the middle 134,709,248 bytes.

If you have this DVD and you can provide me with the VTS_01_4.VOB file, I would be very grateful. I have a place for you to upload it. Once I find a potential donor, we can discuss the details offline.

Note that I have used handbrake to render the 4 good VOB files, and the 2 recovered halves of the broken VOB file separately, to create 6 MP4 files. Then I used ffmpeg to concatenate them into a single MP4 file. It's the best I can do, but I'm unhappy that I'm missing the middle ~2:40 of Sandman.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-30-2020, 10:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Quoted: 6834 Post(s)
Liked: 4958
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldways View Post
I own a copy of "America In Concert - Live in Sydney (2004)" on DVD (standard DVD). It's a great concert.

The disc will not play in my Blu-Ray player or on the DVD reader of 3 different laptops. There is no evidence of physical damage (scratches) on the disc. I did try circular polishing with toothpaste, but it still won't play. So I have spent several days trying to do some recovery. I have been able to pull off all of the /VIDEO_TS files to my computer, but one file will not copy - it gets an error halfway through. I tried 3 different computers. This is NOT an issue of encryption/decryption, which I can deal with. Just to emphasize, it won't play on my Blu-Ray player, which of course, won't have any encryption issue.

The main concert consists of 5 VOB files:
VTS_01_1.VOB - ok
VTS_01_2.VOB - ok
VTS_01_3.VOB - ok
VTS_01_4.VOB - damaged in the middle - this is the file I need
VTS_01_5.VOB - ok

The original file is 1,073,709,056 bytes (~1GB). I have recovered the first 471,511,040 bytes (by copying until error), and the last 467,488,768 bytes (with a program I wrote to back up from the end of the file as far as I can without error and then copy from there to the end). However, I can not get the middle 134,709,248 bytes.

If you have this DVD and you can provide me with the VTS_01_4.VOB file, I would be very grateful. I have a place for you to upload it. Once I find a potential donor, we can discuss the details offline.

Note that I have used handbrake to render the 4 good VOB files, and the 2 recovered halves of the broken VOB file separately, to create 6 MP4 files. Then I used ffmpeg to concatenate them into a single MP4 file. It's the best I can do, but I'm unhappy that I'm missing the middle ~2:40 of Sandman.

Thanks.
Where are you located? Because this is on amazon prime for about $12 (used) and $8 or so shipped outside of prime:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000ESSTLU

For those prices you could just buy it again and its not too painful.

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-01-2020, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes, I could buy it again, but I'm stubborn and I like the intellectual challenge of writing some code. I spent quite a few hours trying to read it. I'm close to getting it, and I don't like to lose Hmm, I guess I have lost, since I've given up and I'm asking for the file. Oh well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2020, 01:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Quoted: 6834 Post(s)
Liked: 4958
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldways View Post
Yes, I could buy it again, but I'm stubborn and I like the intellectual challenge of writing some code. I spent quite a few hours trying to read it. I'm close to getting it, and I don't like to lose Hmm, I guess I have lost, since I've given up and I'm asking for the file. Oh well...
Yea you're asking for the file. When you can just buy it for around $12 it seems definitely worth just doing that.

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
america concert , damaged , dvd , vob

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page