post #61 of 1857 Old 11-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by gnollo

2) I have a 16:9 TV connected via S-Video. How do I tell MCE to zoom the DVD so it will fill the screen completely?

When the movie is playing, right click and select zoom. Gives you 3 different zoom options.
Quote:

3) How do I change hardware acceleration, aspect ration in the NDVD codec, so it will have effect in MCE? [/b]

When you are playing a movie in MCE (or WMP, or ZP, etc), you will notice that a nvidia decoder properties icon will appear on the bottom right in windows. RIght click and select properties and you can adjust the settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1857 Old 11-07-2004, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'll try posting again to see if there are any replays...

Q. Has anyone figured out how to enable the 7 second skip back that was available in MCE2004?

If you were in a Fast-FastForward and then hit play to compensate for your reaction time it the video would jump back ~7 seconds (I think you could configure this in the settings area.)

If its gone, I would love MS to add it back, but its probably gone because someone owns a patent on the technology or something.

Mike
post #63 of 1857 Old 11-07-2004, 08:51 PM
jpk

Quote:

Do you mean that the current HDTV Wonder Drivers (9/23?) will be more accessible via the normal Windows update process, or that more updated drivers will be available.

The drivers are an updated version of the 9/23 drivers that has a new INF so that they install properly from Windows Update. There aren't any binary changes, just an INF fix so that they will install correctly.

Jay P. Kapur
Group Program Manager
Zune and Media Center Platform Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 1857 Old 11-07-2004, 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by genro
When the movie is playing, right click and select zoom. Gives you 3 different zoom options.

Or hit the "More Info" button on the remote, with is the 10' equivalent of a right-click.
post #65 of 1857 Old 11-07-2004, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Originally posted by genro

I tried that but it never "fills the screen". I was hoping for some a la ZP aspect ratio adjustments. It would be great to be able to fill the screen more accurately. 3 settings are nowhere near enough for me... I guess that goes on the list of future enhancement requests.
post #66 of 1857 Old 11-07-2004, 10:41 PM

OK I have an AIW 9800 Pro and an HDTV Wonder.

I installed MCE 2005 and it refused to recognize the AIW as a tuner card (so I could not use the HDTV Wonder). Went out and bought a 250, and now that part is fine.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Is the AIW 9800 Pro not a legal tuner card for MCE?
2) Even after installing 250 and getting the HDTV setup - I cannot watch anything. IT keeps complaining about a decoder. Is this the nvidia decoder I need to buy? Is there a trail version to see if this MCE is worth it?

I have spent so much on this machine, why do one of the three cards I bought not have an MCE 2005 decoder????

Thanks!!
post #67 of 1857 Old 11-07-2004, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

When I press the off button on the Remote, the PC goes to some kind of suspend, but all the fans are still blazing....
Any ideas on how to stop the fans (suspend to Ram?).
post #68 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

When I press the off button on the Remote, the PC goes to some kind of suspend, but all the fans are still blazing....

Go to www.thegreenbutton.com and go to the tips & trick forum. Search for sleep I think - there is a registry setting that will put it all the way into S3 sleep - also make sure your bios is set to S3.
post #69 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 07:01 AM

As far as I can tell, there are three deal-breakers for me.

1) With WMP10, there doesn't seem to be a way to use ASIO or bypass kmixer. I many thousands of $$$$ invested in my sound system, and JRMC with ASIO sounds better with WAV files than WMP10 without ASIO. With ASIO, it's really hard for me to tell the difference between my CD player and the ripped copy on the computer.

2) No support for ffdshow. For smaller screens, this isn't a big deal, but with larger screens it really helps.

3) This one is not really a huge deal because I can get around it with a lot of work, but why should I have to? My HTPC is hooked up to a fp system, and I don't have a separate monitor. MCE expects that you have a monitor to do just about everything. I'm sure I can figure a way around this limitation, but it will take a lot of time. Once I do hook up a second monitor, this will not be as big a deal.

For now, I'm sticking with normal XP, JRMC, and TheaterTek.
post #70 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Rouge Warrior,

You cannot use any of the AIW cards and expect the HDTV Wonder to work. They do not play nice together. Maybe one day, but not now.

You must get a non-AIW to get it to work properly.

You bought a "250". What is that?
post #71 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RogueWarrior
1) Is the AIW 9800 Pro not a legal tuner card for MCE?

My AIW 9600 works fine. Driver issue? Of course, I don't have an HDTV Wonder in there at the same time, but...
Quote:

2) Even after installing 250 and getting the HDTV setup - I cannot watch anything. IT keeps complaining about a decoder. Is this the nvidia decoder I need to buy? Is there a trail version to see if this MCE is worth it?

Yes, you'll need an MPEG-2 decoder which, due to MPEG-2 licensing issues, could not be included with MCE. This is independent of your hardware drivers. I think there's a trial version of the nvidia codec; you might also try Cyberlink's codec (by installing a trail version of PowerDVD) or Intervideo's codec (by installing a trail version of WinDVD.)
post #72 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 08:38 AM

I installed no other drivers - other then what came with MCE.

1) What did you do to get the AIW to be recognized? My screen looks fine until I need to watch video - then I see nothing. What drivers did you use to make MCE recognize the TV Tuner in the AIW?

2) Can I use the encoder that came with both my ATI cards?

3) Has anyone got the AIW and the ATI Wonder to play together?

4) The 250 is the PVR-250 from Haupaggue

5) There is a driver for the AIW from mcexp - do anyone think this driver is cool?

Help!!
post #73 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
oh great, I have an AIW 9700 Pro in my HTPC, mostly to handle games but was planning on using it as the analog TV tuner in MCE 2005. I also just bought the HDTV Wonder (haven't installed it yet). So what you guys are saying is that I should get a standard video card to use with the HDTV Wonder? Do I also need a regular analog tuner card as well?
post #74 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

For now, I'm sticking with normal XP, JRMC, and TheaterTek.

What are you using as a PVR? For HDTV?

I don't really like talking about my flair
post #75 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

I've verified and corrected this issue on my setup -- it really has nothing to do with MCE but rather to do with Windows XP and the USB-based remote.

By default, Windows XP restricts a suspend to S1 only *IF* a USB device is plugged into the PC which wants the ability to wake the PC from suspend. Such is the case with the MCE remote receiver hardware. Microsoft enforces the S1 rule because *many* motherboards simply wont work right suspending to S3 and allowing for a USB wake event.

There is a registry hack you can use which will change this behavior, but YMMV on whether your PC will still behave coming out of a suspend. You can always back out the registry change if it doesn't work for you...

Here is the registry changes which must be added:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesusb]
"USBBIOSHACKS"=dword:00000000
"USBBIOSx"=dword:00000000

Once these are added, reboot your PC (also make sure your Bios setting is for S3 suspend) and then try a suspend. Your fans should turn completely OFF.

-Jon
post #76 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Couple of questions:

1) When using an Extender (linksys or xbox) can you schedule TV recordings and pause live TV?

2) With an extender can you play mpgs or just MCE recordings?

3) When the extender is active, can you use the main PC?

4) Comments on multimontors, svideo etc..

thanks for any help...

Test Your Display,
Tips for Large Monitor Use
: 720p, 1080p Test Patterns, Tips Just Click Here
post #77 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JackLT
1) When using an Extender (linksys or xbox) can you schedule TV recordings and pause live TV?

Yes, yes (as I understand it, within certain limitations (like 720x480 max resolution and a certain max bitrate)), and yes.
post #78 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jon_rhees
I've verified and corrected this issue on my setup -- it really has nothing to do with MCE but rather to do with Windows XP and the USB-based remote.

By default, Windows XP restricts a suspend to S1 only *IF* a USB device is plugged into the PC which wants the ability to wake the PC from suspend. Such is the case with the MCE remote receiver hardware. Microsoft enforces the S1 rule because *many* motherboards simply wont work right suspending to S3 and allowing for a USB wake event.

There is a registry hack you can use which will change this behavior, but YMMV on whether your PC will still behave coming out of a suspend. You can always back out the registry change if it doesn't work for you...

Here is the registry changes which must be added:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesusb]
"USBBIOSHACKS"=dword:00000000
"USBBIOSx"=dword:00000000

Once these are added, reboot your PC (also make sure your Bios setting is for S3 suspend) and then try a suspend. Your fans should turn completely OFF.

-Jon

Mmmh, I am using the Vaio HTPC below connected to my 32" Samsung CRT via S-Video

When I was using the original XP installation it would go straight to "no fans" settings using the provided Sony Remote.
I don't actually know how to go to the Bios, as it is hidden completely (sweet). In bootup process a Pentium bitmap flashes up, followed by the Sony logo, and the bootup Windows screen (just all in the center of the screen).
I guess I can try during bootup F8, F2, CTRL F8, CTRL F2.. I will report back.
Thanks for the tip.
post #79 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I guess I can try during bootup F8, F2, CTRL F8, CTRL F2.. I will report back.
Thanks for the tip.

You're more likely to break into BIOS by trying ESC, DEL, F1, CTL-S, or some combination of those with ALT, CTL, or SHIFT, *during that Pentium screen*. If you pass that Pentium logo, you've passed the window for entering BIOS settings. If you get to the Windows boot logo, it's definitely too late. F8 will just get you the Windows boot loader menu, which won't help. :-)
post #80 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 03:26 PM

A lot of guys are talking about loading mce but I thought it couldn't be bought seperataly. Is this right or am I just out of the loop? I just built a new pentium 4 system that would be great for mce but I don't know where to find it.
post #81 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

post #82 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have a M-Audio 410 sound card and a M-Audio Revo sound card...I am thinking of upgrading to Mce 2005. Will either card give bit perfect/AISO/By Pass K Mixer quality sound? All my CDs are ripped to .ape format using EAC.
post #83 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 06:36 PM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that ATI released new E-Home drivers today. The version number is 1.17.24.223, and the release notes are as follows:

- Initial driver release designed for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Added dual tuner support for Media Center

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-mce-...-223-19039.exe

Cheers!

Henry

LG OLED65C7P | VIZIO M70-C3 | Denon AVR-X3500H | Elac Uni-Fi | Elac Debut 2.0 SUB3030
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | LAV Filters | madVR | MPC-HC | Plex | X-Rite i1Display Pro | DisplayCAL | HCFR
post #84 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 07:35 PM

Quote:
www.ebuyer.com

Thanks, but If your saying that they sell on that site could you be a litter more specific, I can't find it anywhere.
post #85 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 21
bfeils
Try newegg.com
post #86 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 08:54 PM

Location: Lost Angeles, CA (TV Market: #2, Football Teams: 0)
Newegg.com link for mce2005 - u must buy hardware with it (i just got a CF reader - but the mce remote would prob suffice)
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-311&depa=0
post #87 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 08:59 PM

Help - I have an AIW 9800 Pro and an HDTV Wonder

I installed the new MCE.10kv.zip drivers (from xpmce) - and it now sees the AIW tuner and the HDTV Tuner!

The new issue is that the normal SD channels (from the AIW) are fine (grainy but fine) - but SOME of the channels from the HDTV have horizontal squiggly black lines.

I do not get this behavior when I run MMC - on normal WinXP (I have dual booted this machine - so that I could fall back in case )

Please help - has anyone ever seen this issue?
post #88 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I typed "Media Center Edition" in the search engine and brings a series of results (including the remote control), one of them is the OEM single pack .
post #89 of 1857 Old 11-08-2004, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by himey
I have a M-Audio 410 sound card and a M-Audio Revo sound card...I am thinking of upgrading to Mce 2005. Will either card give bit perfect/AISO/By Pass K Mixer quality sound? All my CDs are ripped to .ape format using EAC.

They will, but not when playing your .ape files with MCE. Normally each application uses an Asio plugin (winamp, foobar etc). That I know of there are no asio plugins for WMP10 (I think it is the application used by the MCE front end to play music).
I wonder if using Asio4All we would be a way of going around application specific plugins.. (http://www.asio4all.com/).
I will test it to see if it will allow Asio passthrough...
post #90 of 1857 Old 11-09-2004, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JackLT
Couple of questions:

4) Comments on multimontors, svideo etc..

thanks for any help...

In regards to number 3. Can the person using the main TV watch live TV while the other person is also wathing live TV ( Dual Tuners )? Can both sides watch recorded TV? Can both sides get to the Music and Pictures as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page