Cliff Watson PVR app for HD Homerun, MyHD, and FusionHDTV - Page 150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #4471 of 4478 Old 02-20-2020, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by browncoat View Post
How much do you guys know about Kodi? I ... asked ... if it can be used to watch live TV on a unused tuner.
Yes. Kodi has an HDHR plugin for that purpose.
Quote:
....Currently confused, the Silicondust software consistently finds the W7 workstation's tuners, where the new CW EPG can't.
Bruce, this is misleading. As I pointed out in your logs, the "old" CW_EPG had the same problem with that HDHR unit, which evidently suffers a hardware issue that has probably grown worse over time. My guess is that it has a flaky power supply (a well-known occasional HDHR problem). Have you yet tried swapping out that wall wart with one of the known-good others that you already have? Until you've tried that we'll not know for certain whether or not my guess is correct.
Quote:
Hullava lot of work just to get 60 Minutes when sports makes it run overtime.
Why'n'ell don't you just record '60 Minutes' with an hour of post padding set in CW_EPG? That would then catch any sports-caused overrun.

HDHomerun users: Please check out our free Cliff Watson EPG PVR software to schedule your recordings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4472 of 4478 Old 02-20-2020, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
Why'n'ell don't you just record '60 Minutes' with an hour of post padding set in CW_EPG? That would then catch any sports-caused overrun.
I already did that with the old version, and all was stable until the update these past three years.
Sorry. You're right, about 2017, then one day it became stable.

What about not being able to erase the log?. I hit clear log, but the old data returns.

Can I email you later? Yesterday it recorded Corrie, but did not make the backup of PBS'
NATURE and NOVA, though with nothing on Wednesday nights they're set to record on the
XP PVR. Had everything powered off when I went to bed about 2AM. Though at 12:04
it didn't set up during autorun when it was still flaky.

Started the workstation at 10:30AM, so far seems stable, coming on without the no tuners detected.
Would like to make more test runs. Now I had the other unit connected to the XP, and while HDHR set up
detects all four tuners, that other one never showed up in 4.3.0's tuner pane. I hope that one isn't flaky either,
its the one I bought six months later, or I'm screwed.

I only mentioned Kodi because other than seeing an app for it I don't know anything about it and want to prepare
myself for the day the MyHD becomes useless. aka ATSC 3.0_4K arrives here.
post #4473 of 4478 Old 02-20-2020, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What about not being able to erase the log?. I hit clear log, but the old data returns.
I just confirmed that same behavior here. Thanks for the bug report. I guess nobody else ever deletes his log (I don't).

Please prepare and send me a debug.zip from your XP system and I'll see what its logs say about that other HDHR Connect unit.

Meanwhile, please move the existing wall wart from the XP system to the W7 system so that we can see if the problem goes away on the W7 when using the known-good power supply. At the same time you can put the currently unused power supply from the second HDHR Connect on the XP system so that it won't suffer (provided the second Connect's ps is OK).

HDHomerun users: Please check out our free Cliff Watson EPG PVR software to schedule your recordings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4474 of 4478 Old 02-20-2020, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 12
How about Saturday when I have more time?
I don't want to frell with XP system, in case I jinx it. I do remember when I first hooked up the 'newer' unit and ran the scan for tuners in Options,
the buzy icon just spinned and spuned for the longest time, before letting go, this was after we got 4.3.0 going on this machine.
The XP has no problem clearing the log pane.
I should have been to the store and back, getting too dark now.
post #4475 of 4478 Old 02-20-2020, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How about Saturday when I have more time?
No rush here, Boss.
Quote:
....I do remember when I first hooked up the 'newer' unit and ran the scan for tuners in Options,
the buzy icon just spinned and spuned for the longest time, before letting go, this was after we got 4.3.0 going on this machine.
That may have been related to the other HDHR Connect's issues if it was then on the same LAN.
Quote:
The XP has no problem clearing the log pane.
Version 4.3 simply deleted the log file. I didn't like that and implemented a scheme in 4.4.0 to maintain one level of .bak file in case of a rash deletion decision. But, being a Delphi neophyte, I misunderstood the workings of a system routine and failed to confirm my backup function (which I never need, right? ). It's all fixed in Version 4.4.2. Meanwhile, you'll have to delete/rename CW_EPG.log (in the CW_EPG data folder, usually under C:\ProgramData) yourselves.

Last edited by TPeterson; 02-21-2020 at 10:31 AM.
post #4476 of 4478 Old 02-27-2020, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Through some extended troubleshooting, Bruce (browncoat) and I have zeroed in on a flaky Ethernet cable and third-party firewall combination as the seeming culprit in his problems with CW_EPG and HDHR on his W7 system.

post #4477 of 4478 Old 03-05-2020, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Exclamation DST bug discovered in Version 4.4 (fixed in 4.4.2)

It's just come to my attention that CW_EPG versions 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 incorrectly populate the EPG table for a period of several hours this weekend starting on Saturday. All entries between 9:00 p.m. EST (6:00 p.m. PST) Saturday* and 2:00 a.m. local standard time Sunday are listed one hour later than they should be.

This is occurring because the program is applying the DST correction starting at 2:00 a.m. GMT (instead of local time) on Sunday. I haven't yet determined if this is a configuration issue or an outright system routine bug. EDIT: Turns out that it is due to a system library routine's bug and I've found a way around it for the next release.

The workaround for the current version is to add one hour to the start-time padding for any captures that may occur this weekend in the above period. EDIT2: Another workaround: You can use the Capture Editor item in the CWHelper tray icon's right-click menu to correct the start time.

This bug is fixed in version 4.4.2.

Last edited by TPeterson; 03-29-2020 at 10:22 AM.
post #4478 of 4478 Old 03-20-2020, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Exclamation Version 4.4.2 now available with improved repack support

It is now super easy to recover from channel repacking--even before Schedules Direct gets around to updating their lineups. If you're still running version 4.3.1 you're missing out on this convenience. Check out the new ReadMe to see what's changed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page