So- I've finally jumped in after over a year of lurking and ordered all of the parts for the intel-intel gaming mini-itx PC. I've included the parts list below for reference. I'll be using the SilverStone TOB02 SST-TOB02 for BD playback, and windows 7 ultimate as my OS. It'll be a few more days before i get all of the packages, but i'd like to pre-game by downloading any useful software. I'll be putting everything directly through my television via HDMI, until i can get ahold of a decent receiver/speaker set-up.
In closing, what software would you recommend for a new HTPC?
* CPU: Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156, $196.
* Motherboard: ZOTAC H55-ITX WiFi H55ITX-A-E LGA1156 Intel H55 chipset Mini-ATX
* Memory: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ DDR3-1600 2 x 2GB
* Graphics Card (ATI): SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 GDDR5 1GB, $159.
* Graphics Card (NVIDIA): XFX GS-250X-ZDFU GeForce GTS 250 DDR3 1GB
* HDD: Western Digital WD6400AAKS 640GB SATA 3.0Gbps
* PSU: ATX12V 300W SFX PSU
* Case: SilverStone Sugo SG05 SST-SG05B