DNNA mothership is Broken - ReplayZones & IR Code Not Populating on new Drive ImagesN - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By bri4jenn
  • 1 Post By Whitebar
  • 1 Post By Reden

post #1 of 12 Old 03-04-2015, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
DNNA mothership is Broken - ReplayZones & IR Code Not Populating - New Image

I have spent the better part of the last week getting new IR codes onto a newly imaged ReplayTV drive. I wanted to share my experiences with the ReplayTV community so others can benefit.

Problem:
Cannot add any new cable set top box RID files to a newly imaged ReplayTV hard drive even after connecting to DNNA.

Facts:
After imaging a new drive and connecting to DNNA, only a limited number of IR codes and manufacturers of cable set top boxes are listed. The manufacturer PACE and many others are completely missing.

Repeated connections to DNNA will not fully load the ReplayZones and IR code listings.

The myReplayTVZones.dll plugin (version 2 or 3) from WIRNS does not auto populate the ReplayTV zones nor populate the full set of IR codes.

WIRNS will execute commands from Shellcmds but not copy the CXXXX.RID file, ircodes file, and ircodesraw file from the photo partition to the following folders on the ReplayTV:

/name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/

/name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/

I confirmed through Extract_RTV that the folders do not exist so that is why the RID file, , ircodes file, and ircodesraw file could not be copied to the ReplayTV hard drive.

The hard drive is a Seagate ST3750840ACE that was previously formatted with a low level format by writing zeros to each cluster.

Drive image used:
This is the patched image of 530511440_Factory_Reset posted by Rbolen70. It has commercial advance and internet video sharing enabled and a fixed version of closed captioning as discussed here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/27-rep...service-7.html. This image does not seem to be to widely known in the community. It has the latest software with Commercial Advance and IVS enabled along with fixed closed captioning.

I have also had the same experience with this drive image:
rtv_5K_FactoryReset_140.zip from http://www.replaytvupgrade.com/.

Similar issues reported:
User zeppy had the same issue documented here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/27-rep...tv-5504-a.html.
Quote:
“cannot copy over a file to either of these paths:

The above are paths and not files, and any file that I have in the Photo directory or any subfolder (ie install created in the) Photo directory will not copy over to the /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset or to the /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/”

User Jole60 at PlanetReplay also had issues with IR codes not populating after a re-imaging a drive.

User krkaufman over at Planetreplay http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?p=84761 had the following disturbing revelation that I believe to be true based upon my experiences above.

Quote:
“I'm not sure DNNA is fully operational.

DNNA seems to be there for updating the Channel Guide, but my experience in recent weeks has been that DNNA is NOT providing that initial post-reset Zones/etc update.”

The Fix:
Laho Good Will Service
http://www.percdata.com/faq/replaytv
Allows for population of ReplayZones and a full listing of IR code and creates these folders:

Just set the DNS on your ReplayTV to 207.58.129.219 to connect through Laho.

Directions from the LaHo site:
LaHo How do I use your service with my ReplayTV?
• Setup Slideshow for Dialup Units
• First you sign up for an account using our web form.
• You are automatically given a 7 day trial for one Replay with dialup access.
• Nothing is charged automatically, you can pay once you know you love it!
• Once you've registered and we've confirmed your email, add at least one lineup.
• If you're not in the Eastern Timezone, click "edit" on our ReplayTV config section and set your timezone.
• Next, connect with your Replay.
o First, power cycle your ReplayTV to clear the DNS cache.
o On the ReplayTV main screen select setup.
o Network Attached units
 On the ReplayTV's main menu, select "Network and Input Settings"
 set both DNS servers to 207.58.129.219
 When done, select "keep all settings"
 Do not select "Change from manual to automatic"

I’m not sure what can be done to “fix” the mothership. Maybe this was done on purpose or part of their server is not functioning or has been disabled. I’m sure this issue is not widely known and is causing the community some difficulty and inconvenience (and hair pulling).

I have a fully functional patched rtv_5k_144_ca_ivs_factory_reset image that has the ReplayTV zones and IR codes fully loaded. This image is capable of Commercial Advance (CA) and Internet Video Sharing (IVS). It has closed captioning that works as well. I would like to upload this image for others with the same problem to use. Who is hosting images these days? How do I contact the owner of http://rgb.cc/replaytv/images/replay/ Is it Ghoul still? I would be happy to share the image so others could benefit. I wanted to post this on PlanetReplay but I registered there and I did not receive the activation email after I signed up so I can't post there. Does anyone know how to contact the owner of PlanetReplay?
ClearToLand likes this.

Last edited by bri4jenn; 03-07-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: dial up instructions removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-06-2015, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
As far as PlanetReplay goes, did you follow the instructions on the home page about "Looking for a Board Access Code?"

If you're still having problems after that, there is a "Contact us" link on the home page.

As far as your problems with loading IR Blaster codes, yes, that is well known that you must complete a ReplayZones update in order to get the drive prep'd to take IR Blaster code updates. But, as far as using WiRNS to complete that, I might assume that you just had some kind of cockpit error because the posts indicate that the mechanism for WiRNS and LaHo are identical, and you were able to get it to work using LaHo (although the instructions you posted are for dial up, not for Ethernet). So, I might assume that possibly you didn't get the MyReplayZones installed properly completely following the instructions, like either not removing or disabling the NoReplayZones plugin, or not installing either the MyReplayZones plugin or the Zone files in the correct place. Reading that thread on PlanetReplay that I linked in your other thread, it appears that everyone else that downloaded that update was able to successfully update their Zones.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayAddict View Post
As far as PlanetReplay goes, did you follow the instructions on the home page about "Looking for a Board Access Code?"

If you're still having problems after that, there is a "Contact us" link on the home page.
I did use the Board Access Code. I missed the Contact us on the main page. I was looking in the forums page. The contact us link brings up an email with this address [email protected]. However when I send an email request to it, it bounced back saying this:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain planetreplay.com by planetreplay.com. [162.144.2.116].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 Mailbox quota exceeded

Is no one home at PlanetReplay?

I also edited my first post to remove the dial up instructions.

WIRNS 3.0 works great on my Windows 7 machine with the green W in the system tray, but I believe this version only works with SchedulesDirect channel guide.

WIRNS 2.0 did work with manually starting the service in the Services Admin section. I never got the green W in the system tray.

I do have some error messages in the log files that I was hoping to post over at PlanetReplay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-07-2015, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
It looks like new people are signing up for PlanetReplay all the time. If you try a whois on GoDaddy.com: https://who.godaddy.com/ and enter planetreplay.com (the .com should already be there, so only "planetreplay"), it will give you the contact email address for that domain. Hopefully you'll have better luck with that.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-09-2015, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
u can avoid all these issues simply by making a copy of the os using rtv patch once everything is setup again. also do it with working rtvs now for the future. everything but the shows gets copied even the channels. though once i got the shows copied too when i went drive to drive using the rtv patch

Last edited by srfrdan; 03-09-2015 at 05:00 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 03-09-2015, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri4jenn View Post

WIRNS 3.0 works great on my Windows 7 machine with the green W in the system tray, but I believe this version only works with SchedulesDirect channel guide.
Channel guide can be from an xml file. Wirns can be configured to run an xmlTV command to retrieve it. A scraper can build the required xmlTV file which Wirns will load, I have been doing this for several years.
ClearToLand likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayAddict View Post
As far as your problems with loading IR Blaster codes, yes, that is well known that you must complete a ReplayZones update in order to get the drive prep'd to take IR Blaster code updates. But, as far as using WiRNS to complete that, I might assume that you just had some kind of cockpit error ... So, I might assume that possibly you didn't get the MyReplayZones installed properly completely following the instructions, like either not removing or disabling the NoReplayZones plugin, or not installing either the MyReplayZones plugin or the Zone files in the correct place. Reading that thread on PlanetReplay that I linked in your other thread, it appears that everyone else that downloaded that update was able to successfully update their Zones.
Ditto the above. WiRNS *can* be setup to handle the initial Zones update, and the above captures a few of the key gotchas I recall from the setup.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-26-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkaufman View Post
Ditto the above. WiRNS *can* be setup to handle the initial Zones update, and the above captures a few of the key gotchas I recall from the setup.
the laho gift can also do zones initially
post #9 of 12 Old 03-26-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfrdan View Post
try here http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=16311
post #10 of 12 Old 03-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfrdan View Post
Right, of course, but the OP had already stated that in the initial post, where he'd also indicated that WiRNS fell short in providing this initial update (my post merely seconding Replay Addict's correction on that front).

If you've got a WiRNS server, it makes sense to prep it to handle the initial updates; otherwise, best to keep the LaHo instructions handy.
post #11 of 12 Old 07-23-2015, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebar View Post
Channel guide can be from an xml file. Wirns can be configured to run an xmlTV command to retrieve it. A scraper can build the required xmlTV file which Wirns will load, I have been doing this for several years.
Whitebar, do you have instructions for how to create the xml file for WIRNS to use by using xmlTV? I can handle the WIRNS part of it but how do you create this xml file for a specific zip code and service provider. Is this easy to setup? Will the guide function the same?
post #12 of 12 Old 07-23-2015, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 65
If you care about respecting the rights of copyright owners, keep in mind that many web sites specifically prohibit scraping. Scrapers can also be hard to maintain when the target web site changes frequently. That's one of the reasons Schedules Direct was formed.

XMLTV.ORG has plenty of sample grabbers, including scrapers.
ClearToLand likes this.

---
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing in PERL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Tags
dnna , image , ir codes , replaytv , wirns

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page