Can't get to setup screen? - 5504 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-10-2015, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can't get to setup screen? - 5504

I recently had a 5504 hard drive die (couldn't get past Please Wait on boot) so I plugged in an older 5504 unit that had been sitting in a closet since I moved. It boots up, but I can't get to the Setup screen. I click the Setup button on the remote and it goes to a Please Wait screen for a second or two, then does nothing. Since I moved to a completely different area, the channels, etc are off so I need to reconfigure the network connectivity, etc.

Has anyone had this issue where you can't get to the Setup screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-10-2015, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by eas1223 View Post
I recently had a 5504 hard drive die (couldn't get past Please Wait on boot) so I plugged in an older 5504 unit that had been sitting in a closet since I moved. It boots up, but I can't get to the Setup screen. I click the Setup button on the remote and it goes to a Please Wait screen for a second or two, then does nothing. Since I moved to a completely different area, the channels, etc are off so I need to reconfigure the network connectivity, etc.

So you cannot press MENU and then scroll to "Setup" and modify inputs, area codes, network, etc?
I just took a 5040 out of the closet after four plus years, transported it a time zone away, and it fired right up, and let me change from WiRNS to mothership w/o a hitch....

If not, you can always 3-8-2-ZONES

Factory Reset

Then set it up. It is probably giving you issues because the SN on the HD doesn't match the chip in the unit since you've swapped hard drives.

You have nothing to lose, and as long as you plan to connect via ethernet, this SHOULD NOT be an issue....

There was some scuttlebut with Replay ZOnes not being updated after a reset... but I digress...
post #3 of 5 Old 06-11-2015, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by eas1223 View Post

yup do 382 zones----use laho GOOD WILL gift to update zones and some dta codes. u can use wirns to update the zones too. to me the latter is much harder. look here http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16311.

Last edited by srfrdan; 06-11-2015 at 05:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-11-2015, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfrdan View Post
yup do 382 zones----use laho gift to update zones and some dta codes. u can use wirns to update the zones too. to me the latter is much harder. look here http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16311.
try here for wirns method http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/v...asc&highlight=
post #5 of 5 Old 06-11-2015, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
So you cannot press MENU and then scroll to "Setup" and modify inputs, area codes, network, etc?
I just took a 5040 out of the closet after four plus years, transported it a time zone away, and it fired right up, and let me change from WiRNS to mothership w/o a hitch....

If not, you can always 3-8-2-ZONES

Factory Reset

Then set it up. It is probably giving you issues because the SN on the HD doesn't match the chip in the unit since you've swapped hard drives.

You have nothing to lose, and as long as you plan to connect via ethernet, this SHOULD NOT be an issue....

There was some scuttlebut with Replay ZOnes not being updated after a reset... but I digress...

No, when I hit Menu - Setup - it goes to the Please Wait screen briefly, then the entire screen goes blank. I will try the 382 Zones and see if that helps. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page