AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/27-replaytv-showstopper-pvrs/)
-   -   Adding new IR Blaster codes to the Replay unit (4k/5k) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/27-replaytv-showstopper-pvrs/267352-adding-new-ir-blaster-codes-replay-unit-4k-5k.html)

smiledr 05-04-2007 08:21 PM

Has anyone been able to get the Viewsat code working on any Viewsat box? I hooked up another IR Blaster that acutally blinks when it sends commands. It blinks for the Pansat and the Directv 10 when I set it's code, but both Viewsat commands doesn't seem to work. No lights so I don't think any command is being sent out.

rrrash 05-24-2007 12:45 PM

I successfully loaded all the codes. I did get 2000 and 2001 in my IR blaster of Replay TV. It sitll does not work with Viewsat Ultra. Can some one give me the IR blaster code for Viewsat 2000 ultra. Or point me to where I can get it from?

buckshot 05-24-2007 12:50 PM

The Viewsat code works fine for the Viewsat Extreme and the Ultra. I have been using it for awhile now. I have since switched over to a SonicView which I cannot locate the IR code for.

The Robman 06-16-2007 08:34 AM

Just FYI, I have split off the Showstopper / 2k / 3k posts to a seperate thread...
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=862213

scoot13 06-25-2007 01:27 PM

I just got a Captive Works CW-600S FTA Satellite Receiver to try out and I can't find any reference to anyone using a RePlayTV with it. Does anyone have any experience with this unit?

I'd like to know what IR code I should enter to get the IR Blaster to work OR it has a serial control input too so maybe I should go that route.

I have searched before posting so I apologize in advance if I missed a thread that has my answer!

The Robman 06-25-2007 02:38 PM

Here's the JP1 file for this device...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=2899

scoot13 06-26-2007 09:08 PM

Thanks Robman! I've learned a lot about the process but I haven't got it "Done" yet. I was able to make a rid file from this file and send it to the ReplayTV, I got the CPU meter and clock toggled on from the shellcmds but the new code is still not appearing in the list.

I'm gonna keep at it though and I appreciate all the info in this thread (and a couple others!)

scoot13 06-27-2007 10:35 AM

One of the probs I ran into was that I was trying to create a new code number (6000) but didn't add it to the ircodes files. I went back and changed everything to make it create a new code for the existing number 1000 and the process seemed to complete but I still can't change channels

...the adventure continues...

For future reference, was I correct in posting to this thread or should I have started a new one for my issue?

KenL 06-27-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post

One of the probs I ran into was that I was trying to create a new code number (6000) but didn't add it to the ircodes files. I went back and changed everything to make it create a new code for the existing number 1000 and the process seemed to complete but I still can't change channels

...the adventure continues...

Personally I'd rather send in an unused code number, since overwriting didn't consistently work. Plus you always need to reboot the Replay to flush the old code. So instead perhaps keep it 6000, and edit (both) ircodes and ircodesRaw (as FlipFlop notes use TextPad, not wordpad or notepad) to include 6000 in the appropriate format in each file.

Once you get your code(s) going in and showing up, then you can work on the rid file itself. For me it usually takes several tries for a new rid. I send in a "new" file each time e.g. 6000, 6001, 6002. You could even add those to ircodes and ircodesRaw in advance, then all you'd need to change for each new attempt is shellcmds to load the current rid incarnation.

If after all that you still aren't getting there, you might put that jp1 file in a remote and confirm it controls the device. If you can obtain or capture working ir for your device, it's not overly difficult to make 4k/5k replay control it using steps in this thread. Sounds like you're almost there.

scoot13 06-27-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post

(as FlipFlop notes use TextPad, not wordpad or notepad) to include 6000 in the appropriate format in each file.

I missed this little gem of info, thanks for pointing it out!

I WAS able to add the code numbers to both ircodes files and have made several attempts at writing a good RID file. The script is completing because I get both meters showing up after the Net Connect but so far no joy in changing the channels.

KenL 06-28-2007 09:00 AM

You surely must be getting close.

One thing I did to troubleshoot an particularly tricky (unknown) protocol was capture the replay blaster output with a learning jp1 remote (after loading my attempted rid file) and compare that to the output from the original remote. If ridgen (and you) did everything correctly those two should be identical.

If all else fails, you can use the earlier ridgen feature of using the HEX button to paste in lines from known working pronto code for your device. That *should* be foolproof. If those pronto buttons do control the device, that will be exactly what the replay blasts. Fewer additional conversions or translations for user or software to muck up.

scoot13 06-28-2007 11:44 AM

Closer maybe, but still haven't got it done. I'm wondering if I did everything correctly... do you enter the SubDevice number into RIDgen before you save the RID? Should anything be in the "Final Bits" field? Mine are all empty.

I also learned that the CW-600S Premium (what I have) may have different codes than the CW-600S. So I may be using an incompatible JP1 file to start with

A user emailed me that the codes 749,1749,7471, and 7500 all work to some degree. They all change channels on the Captive Works CW-600S but they send two or three multiple digits (i.e. send channel 107 and it sends "111000777").

I was able to extract 7500 and load it into RIDgen but I couldn't really understand what to look for...

I don't have a learning remote right now but maybe one is coming in my near future. I'll read up on "Pronto codes" and see if that opens any new doors for me

I really appreciate the help!

xboxing 06-28-2007 12:23 PM

The remote for the CW-600S Premium is different than the CW-600S. I'm also looking for the same solution as I have the premium.

KenL 06-28-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post

Closer maybe, but still haven't got it done. I'm wondering if I did everything correctly... do you enter the SubDevice number into RIDgen before you save the RID? Should anything be in the "Final Bits" field? Mine are all empty...

Protocol, Device, and SubDevice will all need to be correct. If the working jp1 file doesn't have SubDevice then you should be able to leave that blank. I've seen both with and without.

The other problem is there's apparently a bug with the way ridgen interacts with with some versions of MakeHex for some protocols, which was the case for my Samsung box. First time I ever saw that after making many successful rid files. I had to use the latest version of MakeHex (standalone) to create a pronto file for the Samsung 260, and then paste those lines into ridgen using the HEX button. That was the only way it would work.

Don't need a pronto, just read up on how to make the file, or perhaps find one already created.

As for what the "bits" look like, I've seen a lot of variation, with different fields used or empty.

scoot13 06-28-2007 01:51 PM

I have tried it both ways with SubDevice blank and filled in and that didn't make a difference. I am convinced now, with xboxing also confirming, that the JP1 file I was using is not going to ever control this box.

Am I correct to assume that until I obtain a good capture of the IR codes, I can't do anything else?

scoot13 07-02-2007 03:42 PM

I still haven't got it working. There are some partially working codes though,

749, 1749, & 7500 will send two digits to the CW-600SP instead of one (ie it sends 110077 when you try to change to channel 107)

7471 sends two digits and seems to send a "0" (zero) or two? at the beginning.

I was also told that the Hughes HIRD B2 remote is compatible with the CW600SP so if anyone has a file for that remote, maybe I could make it work.

thanks!

scoot13 07-03-2007 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've made several attempts at making a RID file from the Hughes HIRD B2 CCF files that are online at remotecentral.

Every one of those has a slight difference in the hex code but they all act the same. They send two digits of each number PLUS two "enter". The extra enter is a huge deal because it brings up a quick-skip "channel picking" screen on the CW-600SP that will never go away until you hit exit on the CW remote.

This is exactly the same response that native RTV code 7471 has. The other codes I mentioned before seem to only send one "enter".

Anyway, I can disable the sending of "enter" after sending the channel (in the Replay's IR tweak menu) so that is not a huge issue but the double digits thing is HUGE ...

Since the file is so small I'll attach a zip with the RIDs I made and maybe someone in the know could take a look... I'm still working on it What about changing the duty cycle (I tried 33 & 30 and they seem to react the same) or the frequency? Any other little tweaks anyone can think of?

Scoot6000.zip 1.0673828125k . file

xboxing 07-03-2007 04:33 PM

Did u try these ones?
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...dv=dssreceiver

I wonder if it's a replaytv issue and not the code itself. I actually called them up yesterday about adding the captive works code and also about the double/triple hit on the button issue and they told me they don't really support it anymore. I know exactly what u are talking about.

scoot13 07-03-2007 08:16 PM

Yes, I tried all of those. I guess I'll try some of the other Hughes boxes and see what those codes do. Surely there is a way to cut one digit out of the sending code!

airedale 08-07-2007 01:53 PM

I know this is rather old, but I wanted to comment that this works with VMWare Workstation if you don't want to use a regular PC.

majik 08-23-2007 06:59 AM

I am trying to load IR codes for the Motorola VIP1200 (ATT U-verse). I created the .rid file and uploaded the file to my 5040 RTV (network and date/time meter appear....woohoo! Thanks FlipFlop for your bootable CD). However, the IR code doesn't seem to work.

One thing that caught my attention was that in the step where RIDgen is supposed to fill out the "Initial bits", it didn't. It only filled out the "Repeated bits." See below:

I got the device file from Robman's post (Robman, you noted that it's untested...maybe that's why it isn't working for me? How can I create this file myself? I have JP1 serial cable but unfortunately the Motorola VIP1200 remote doesn't seem to have JP1 connection...at least not easily accessible).

What am I doing wrong that is causing the "Initial bits" not to generate? Or is it normal that there aren't any "Initial bits"? Here is what I see in RM:

rager1969 08-25-2007 09:42 PM

I found the IR codes (upgrade file) to the Conaxsat on hifi-remotes and created a RID file for it. I created it because I thought I was going to buy one, but I bought a Pansat 250SM, instead. Anyway, I'd like to post the RID, but I have no way of testing it.

Is it appropriate to post it without testing? If so, is this a good place for it?

az_max2 08-29-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaright View Post

...... It is indeed possible to set up all 3 remotes to use IR -- this is why this thread gave me hope.

Good News:
As it turns out, the ReplayTV already knows the IR codes for TV2 and TV3! .......

Sorry to dig up an old post but.....

Yaright, were you able to set more than one remote to IR and control different streams? I'm actually looking at this from a Home Control perspective, and need to have both a DVR and Crestron system control the rg2200 using IR.

If Replay has the codes for tv2 and tv3 already, does anyone have them in JP1 or Pronto format? I can't find any particulars on the Intarweb.

thanks

jimmy74720 08-29-2007 05:40 PM

I have a conaxsat duo and a replay 4000 and 5000 seiries. I despretly need IR blaster codes for my replay. I just need to change channels and thats it.
I someone has one I will be happy to test.

rager1969 08-29-2007 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy74720 View Post
I have a conaxsat duo and a replay 4000 and 5000 seiries. I despretly need IR blaster codes for my replay. I just need to change channels and thats it.
I someone has one I will be happy to test.
Give this a try and reply back to let everyone know if it works.

S2013fi.zip 0.3349609375k . file

majik 08-31-2007 07:53 AM

Anybody have any suggestions for my post (#321)? I'm trying to add IR codes for the Motorola VIP1200 (AT&T U-verse). I also started a thread at hifi-remote.

drlava 08-31-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majik View Post

Anybody have any suggestions for my post (#321)? I'm trying to add IR codes for the Motorola VIP1200 (AT&T U-verse). I also started a thread at hifi-remote.

ImageShack sucks, I hate pop-ups.

To your question, it looks like you didn't fill out the protocol, device, or subdevice fields in RID file editor. You should make sure that the Nokia32 protocol file is in the rid file editor folder. Also, RID file editor puts the codes into the repeadted bits, but you can cut and paste them to the initial bits to fix that. I had to do that on mine to stop it from getting repeated numbers once in a while.
Verify if you can that the frequency you have there (36kHz) is right for the VIP1200.

hope that helps.

majik 08-31-2007 10:13 AM

The screenshot for the RID File Editor (RIDgen) shows a file that I had saved. Doing so does not display the protocol (Nokia32), device (37), subdevice (0) fields but I did type them in. The Nokia32.rid is in the same dir.

So since there were no "initial bits" but there were some "repeated bits" you suggest I cut the info from the "repeated bits" column and paste them to the "initial bits" columns?

How can I verify the VIP1200 is using 36kHz?

I'll try your suggestion once I get home (at work right now).

Thanks!

scoot13 08-31-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlava View Post

Also, RID file editor puts the codes into the repeadted bits, but you can cut and paste them to the initial bits to fix that. I had to do that on mine to stop it from getting repeated numbers once in a while.

This is interesting... I wonder if I can use this info to fix my problem with my ReplayTV sending repeated digits to my Captive Works 600S Premium? I think it only filled the repeated bits field also. I'll gived it a shot when I am back home again.

majik 09-01-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majik View Post

So since there were no "initial bits" but there were some "repeated bits" you suggest I cut the info from the "repeated bits" column and paste them to the "initial bits" columns?

well this didn't work.