Originally Posted by card-dude
Is there an easy step by step to follow to set it up and use Wirns?
To install a code:
1) Use DVArchive to create a photo folder called "install" on the ReplayTV. (Right-click in DVArchive on "Photos", select "New Photo Folder")
2) Put the "ircodes", "ircodesRaw", "C1000fi.rid", and "shellcmds" files into that photo folder. (drag-and-drop the files from Windows Explorer to the "install" folder in the left column of DVArchive)
3) Create a bootable CD using the image from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=13712
4) Boot your computer using this CD image
5) On your ReplayTV, switch the network configuration to static, and set both DNS server settings on your ReplayTV to match the IP address reported on your computer (be sure to note what your previous settings were)
6) On your ReplayTV, select Menu..Setup..Connect to ReplayTV Service Now to force it to connect through your PC.
If all goes well, you should get a clock and a CPU meter pop up on the screen. These are done at the beginning and end of the script just so you can see that the script began and completed. After it is complete, press 2-4-3-Zones on your remote, and toggle these back off.
Now you should be able to set your device up using IR code "1000"
Once things are working, restore the ReplayTV network configuration to your previous settings. You can safely remove the "install" photo directory you created as they are no longer required there.
For details on, and to download DVArchive, see http://www.dvarchive.org
To find codes, check outhttp://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...gory&cat_id=84
(the shellcmds.zip file there is required, and also includes has a readme file)
To edit codes, get RIDGen fromhttp://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...gory&cat_id=85
For alternate descriptions of how to install codes, seehttps://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=477427https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...71#post6268071https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...10#post6506310