OK, I'll try one more time - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #31 of 64 Old 08-07-2018, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon2649 View Post
Brought in another Replay to replace the "fan lock" one, switched out the hard drive and that it supposed to be SS Bedroom but it will NOT get a DHCP OR use 10.0.0.73 OR 10.0.0.129 which is what I was trying to use. I get the prompt not reachable for 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.248...so right now I have ONE Replay functional in the Office PLUS I have 2 old Rokus running but ONLY using WIRED...will not do wireless even though they should.

Your other Replay can't access 10.0.0.1, your router address you should have entered in the 'gateway' field on the Replay.

One possibility is that you have no network access to that Replay. Check network connections. Also, it may not have a valid IP, and so can not communicate. One thing a lot of people forget is to look at the lights on the back (next to the ethernet jack). These are there to help you diagnose problems. A green light indicates a network connection, Yellow indicates network activity. You must have a network connection before setting up the Replay. How is the Replay connected?

Which address are you using? 10.0.0.73 or 10.0.0.129? Remember that you cannot use an IP that some other device already has.

As to the Rokus. Wired is better. If you really want to do wireless, "will not do wireless" isn't a very good problem description. What did you do and what happened? Note that you need the SSID (network name) and wireless password. If you haven't changed them, the defaults should be on a sticker on your router (according to the picture I have, look below the ethernet jacks. Note that you have 2 networks (2.4 and 5 GHz) and 2 SSIDs (password is the same).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 64 Old 08-07-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Another question, please....what is "polling" and why do I not see it listed NOR do I see an option for Net Connect like I used to.

Thanks...at lease I have one working!

Where did you see "polling"?

I did see "Polled" on the main WiRNS screen, with all my Replays showing "Y". Possibly this means WiRNS was able to communicate with that Replay.
post #33 of 64 Old 08-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Oh and one more question....on this Comcast X1 system what do you attach the IR blaster to?????????????

Sharon2649

Does the cable box have an IR remote? You attach the IR blaster in front of the IR receiver in the box. You may need to try several locations (IR is line of sight, so check the front).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 64 Old 08-08-2018, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd View Post
Does the cable box have an IR remote? You attach the IR blaster in front of the IR receiver in the box. You may need to try several locations (IR is line of sight, so check the front).
No, there is no IR blaster jack on the cable box....it is a little box, maybe 4 x 3"....so should I try to attach the blaster end to the little blue line that shows?
post #35 of 64 Old 08-08-2018, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Your other Replay can't access 10.0.0.1, your router address you should have entered in the 'gateway' field on the Replay.

One possibility is that you have no network access to that Replay. Check network connections. Also, it may not have a valid IP, and so can not communicate. One thing a lot of people forget is to look at the lights on the back (next to the ethernet jack). These are there to help you diagnose problems. A green light indicates a network connection, Yellow indicates network activity. You must have a network connection before setting up the Replay. How is the Replay connected?

Which address are you using? 10.0.0.73 or 10.0.0.129? Remember that you cannot use an IP that some other device already has.

As to the Rokus. Wired is better. If you really want to do wireless, "will not do wireless" isn't a very good problem description. What did you do and what happened? Note that you need the SSID (network name) and wireless password. If you haven't changed them, the defaults should be on a sticker on your router (according to the picture I have, look below the ethernet jacks. Note that you have 2 networks (2.4 and 5 GHz) and 2 SSIDs (password is the same).
Checking the Bedroom Replay..where the ethernet cable is plugged in, the light is green.....it has the bigger comcast box but I see no jack for an IR blaster AND there's a brand new wrinkle....it NOW says it's not activated which of course is not true. In system info it clearly says it's activated. So, should I change it out AGAIN for another unit?
post #36 of 64 Old 08-08-2018, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Where did you see "polling"?

I did see "Polled" on the main WiRNS screen, with all my Replays showing "Y". Possibly this means WiRNS was able to communicate with that Replay.
When you click under "status", it shows polling, either Y or N.
post #37 of 64 Old 08-08-2018, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I think I gave you this info before: on the side of the modem it shows for SSID XFSETUP-3315 and password as buckle7089cream . Is that what you mean??
post #38 of 64 Old 08-08-2018, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think I gave you this info before: on the side of the modem it shows for SSID XFSETUP-3315 and password as buckle7089cream . Is that what you mean??
So, I DID change it out for another unit and now that one is also giving me the not activated info! What's up with that? I went through 4 units today and I could not make ANY of them work using 10.0.0.73 OR 129, gateway 10.0.0.1 and I tried 10.0.0.248 for WIRNS (did not work) and 75.75.75.75.75.75.76.76 (did not work).

So, it remains that I have a total of ONE working Replay in the Office and that's it. Still can't see what to do with the blaster...except if I leave the TV set on the station I want to record, then it will record manually but I don't see how it's going to do anything else.

I've only got a couple more units to try and then the party will be over.

Sharon2649
post #39 of 64 Old 08-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
No, there is no IR blaster jack on the cable box....it is a little box, maybe 4 x 3"....so should I try to attach the blaster end to the little blue line that shows?

I jack would be nice, but most boxes don't have it. I mean the spot where the box is sensitive to IR. I have a box that size, and will post information on it, in case that's helpful to you.

Model: Pace DC60Xu
HD capable: yes
output I use: HDMI (with converter for Replay)
other outputs: RF (channel 3/4)

where to put IR blaster: on front 1 inch to the right of the LED
IR code (to set on Replay): 1982

BTW, I believe Pace is now part of Arris, so it's the same brand as your modem/router.

I would find it useful to know what outputs your box has. HDMI? Are you using a windscreen TV?

I'm asking this because Replay has no problem with widescreen images if connected properly.
post #40 of 64 Old 08-09-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Checking the Bedroom Replay..where the ethernet cable is plugged in, the light is green.....it has the bigger comcast box but I see no jack for an IR blaster AND there's a brand new wrinkle....it NOW says it's not activated which of course is not true. In system info it clearly says it's activated. So, should I change it out AGAIN for another unit?

As I explained in the last post, there's no need for an IR jack.

Green is good. It should mean you have ethernet connectivity. However, you still need to be it's connected all the way back to your router. I would suggest the "ping" command on the computer, but that's of no use unless the Replay has an IP address.

What is not activated? If you mean the Replay, it will be that way until you get it connected. WiRNS will activate it. There's nothing to worry about now. Changing it out won't help.

There's another thing to try if it isn't accepting network settings. With the Replay unplugged, disconnect the network. Plug it back in (you may have to wait up to 15 minutes here). Be sure to reconnect the network.
post #41 of 64 Old 08-09-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Yes, although there should be two SSIDs. In the picture I have, they are labeled "Network 1" and "Network 2".

This is the information you will need to connect something to WiFi. From the looks of the example "Network 1" is for 5GHz and "Network 2" is for 2.4GHz.

Although, as I said, a wired connection is usually better.
post #42 of 64 Old 08-09-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
So, I DID change it out for another unit and now that one is also giving me the not activated info! What's up with that? I went through 4 units today and I could not make ANY of them work using 10.0.0.73 OR 129, gateway 10.0.0.1 and I tried 10.0.0.248 for WIRNS (did not work) and 75.75.75.75.75.75.76.76 (did not work).

So, it remains that I have a total of ONE working Replay in the Office and that's it. Still can't see what to do with the blaster...except if I leave the TV set on the station I want to record, then it will record manually but I don't see how it's going to do anything else.

I've only got a couple more units to try and then the party will be over.

Sharon2649

How did you set up the first one? The same should work on the others (changing ONLY the first line, IP address). When I did mine recently, I had one that failed like yours (changes didn't stick). It worked after a hard reboot (actually remove power).

You could try the the suggestion I made in another post. Start up the Replay with the network disconnected. If it still thinks it's supposed to use DHCP it'll take awhile (up to 15 minutes) before it gives up and lets you specify the addresses. Don't forget to reconnect the network.
post #43 of 64 Old 08-09-2018, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How did you set up the first one? The same should work on the others (changing ONLY the first line, IP address). When I did mine recently, I had one that failed like yours (changes didn't stick). It worked after a hard reboot (actually remove power).

You could try the the suggestion I made in another post. Start up the Replay with the network disconnected. If it still thinks it's supposed to use DHCP it'll take awhile (up to 15 minutes) before it gives up and lets you specify the addresses. Don't forget to reconnect the network.
The first one (Office) is IP 10.0.0.128, gateway 10.0.0.1, DNS10.0.0.248 so that's how it's set up.

When you say remove the network, do you mean just the ethernet or the XE104 or the whole modem (shut it down and the PC's)?
post #44 of 64 Old 08-09-2018, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, although there should be two SSIDs. In the picture I have, they are labeled "Network 1" and "Network 2".

This is the information you will need to connect something to WiFi. From the looks of the example "Network 1" is for 5GHz and "Network 2" is for 2.4GHz.

Although, as I said, a wired connection is usually better.
I checked and I see nothing written under where the ethernets plug in to the modem.

I have two PC's connected in the office using one those Trendnet connectors (they share one monitor). This PC that houses the WIRNS software is manually configured IP 10.0.0.248, gateway 10.0.0.1, and DNS1 75.75.75.75 & 2 75.75.76.76 for WIRNS. The other PC (not using WIRNS) runs on DHCP and is IP 10.0.0.71, gateway 10.0.0.1, DNS1 75.75.75.75. DNS2 75.75.76.76. Lastly, I have one Sony Vaio running in the living room with IP 10.0.0.139, gateway 10.0.0.1, DNS1 75.75.75.75 and DNS2 75.75.76.76. All three are connected with the Netgear adapters XE104's. That is the entire rundown on the 3 PC's, all of which are running Win XP.

Talk to you next time and as always, thanks.

Sharon2649
post #45 of 64 Old 08-10-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
The first one (Office) is IP 10.0.0.128, gateway 10.0.0.1, DNS10.0.0.248 so that's how it's set up.

When you say remove the network, do you mean just the ethernet or the XE104 or the whole modem (shut it down and the PC's)?

I said "disconnect the network from the Replay", which seems obvious. Remove the network cable from the Replay, and the XE104 has no effect on it.
post #46 of 64 Old 08-10-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I checked and I see nothing written under where the ethernets plug in to the modem.

I have two PC's connected in the office using one those Trendnet connectors (they share one monitor). This PC that houses the WIRNS software is manually configured IP 10.0.0.248, gateway 10.0.0.1, and DNS1 75.75.75.75 & 2 75.75.76.76 for WIRNS. The other PC (not using WIRNS) runs on DHCP and is IP 10.0.0.71, gateway 10.0.0.1, DNS1 75.75.75.75. DNS2 75.75.76.76. Lastly, I have one Sony Vaio running in the living room with IP 10.0.0.139, gateway 10.0.0.1, DNS1 75.75.75.75 and DNS2 75.75.76.76. All three are connected with the Netgear adapters XE104's. That is the entire rundown on the 3 PC's, all of which are running Win XP.

Talk to you next time and as always, thanks.

Sharon2649

As to what's on the back of the modem, didn't you just read me some of that? Anyway, you need this only for WiFi. Maybe you don't need it at all, since the Rokus work.

The modem/router manual I have says "Xfinity TG1682". Is that what you have? If so, the label is visible between the 4 ethernet ports and the F connector for the cable.

Seems you are using a KVM switch between 2 computers. A good way to save space. I have a Mac Mini next to my main PC, with a KVM switch.

IP addresses look like 4 numbers with dots between them. The first 3 of yours (10.0.0) need to be the same for all your devices. Only the he fourth is different. It appears you are using:

1 (router)
71 (other PC)
128 (Replay - Office)

139 (Sony Vaio)
248 (PC with WiRNS)

The other Replays will need different addresses in the 1-254 range (excluding those used above). The other numbers are the same (with one exception - on the Replays, you use the WiRNS address for DNS).
post #47 of 64 Old 08-10-2018, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Mark,
So, are you saying what I THINK you are....that even though all 3 PC's I have listed above which are using DNS 1&2 75.75.75.75.75.75.76.76, that is wrong, and for ALL Replays I SHOULD be using DNS 10.0.0.248. Is that what you are saying cuz I want to be VERY clear on this.

Sharon
post #48 of 64 Old 08-11-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Hi Mark,
So, are you saying what I THINK you are....that even though all 3 PC's I have listed above which are using DNS 1&2 75.75.75.75.75.75.76.76, that is wrong, and for ALL Replays I SHOULD be using DNS 10.0.0.248. Is that what you are saying cuz I want to be VERY clear on this.

Sharon

The confusion might have been because I was used to routers that give out their own IP for DNS. Whatever the router gives you should be used, except on the Replays, where you use WiRNS for DNS.

Also, you might have noticed that "75.75.75.75.75.75.76.76" isn't right. These are TWO different addresses.

BTW, you don't need to send private messages which are the same as forum posts.
post #49 of 64 Old 08-13-2018, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Bedroom Replay still not working using 10.0.0.73. Any other suggestions? Latest results:

WiRNS Log WiRNS Log Feed.
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] WiRNS v3.0.4246 build 296
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] (c) 2004-2011 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180813100003.txt
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Deleted wirns.log.20180810200911.txt
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180813100003.txt
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] **************************************
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Local time: 8/13/2018 9:59:52 AM
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Precision: 5.52139707743245E+73 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Poll Interval: 8 s
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Reference ID: 127.67.113.92 (127.67.113.92)
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Root Dispersion: 32.5469970703125 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Round Trip Delay: 63 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Local Clock Offset: -11532 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] **************************************
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/13/2018 09:59:54] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/13/2018 09:59:54] Update Time: 2018-08-13 09:59:52
[8/13/2018 09:59:54] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/13/2018 09:59:55] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/13/2018 09:59:55] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 13
[8/13/2018 09:59:58] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 13
[8/13/2018 09:59:59] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/13/2018 10:00:00] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 14
[8/13/2018 10:00:04] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/13/2018 10:00:05] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/13/2018 10:00:11] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/13/2018 10:00:12] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 20
[8/13/2018 10:00:19] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 20
[8/13/2018 10:00:20] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 21
[8/13/2018 10:00:25] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 21
[8/13/2018 10:00:26] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 25
[8/13/2018 10:00:30] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 25
[8/13/2018 10:00:31] Vacuuming database
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Processing local shows.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Processing local shows done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Refreshing Replays.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: Office(10.0.0.128)
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Recording guide up to date.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Parsed 19/19 entries.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Refreshing PhotoGuide for: Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Found 0 files on Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: SS Bedroom(10.0.0.73)
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] There was an error refreshing the recording guide for SS Bedroom
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Attempting to use a cached version if one is available.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Parsed 0/0 entries.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Added 41 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] No ReplayGuide for SS Bedroom
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for all
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Scheduling JIT Recordings
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Scheduling JIT Recordings complete
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Added 10 Manual Recordings to the database.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Added 10 ToDo entries for Office in 0.109375 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Building ToDo List for: SS Bedroom
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Added 0 ToDo entries for SS Bedroom in 0.0625 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Determining conflicts...
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Collecting free memory
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Configured to update guide at: 8/14/2018 10:00 AM
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Loading/Refreshing Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] Loaded/Refreshed Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests

WiRNS Debug Log
[8/13/2018 10:00:46] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out, trying again
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out
[8/13/2018 10:29:29] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out, trying again
[8/13/2018 10:29:32] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out
post #50 of 64 Old 08-13-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Bedroom Replay still not working using 10.0.0.73. Any other suggestions? Latest results:

WiRNS Log WiRNS Log Feed.
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] WiRNS v3.0.4246 build 296
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] (c) 2004-2011 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180813100003.txt
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Deleted wirns.log.20180810200911.txt
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180813100003.txt
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] **************************************
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/13/2018 10:00:03] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Local time: 8/13/2018 9:59:52 AM
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Precision: 5.52139707743245E+73 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Poll Interval: 8 s
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Reference ID: 127.67.113.92 (127.67.113.92)
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Root Dispersion: 32.5469970703125 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Round Trip Delay: 63 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Local Clock Offset: -11532 ms
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] **************************************
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/13/2018 09:59:52] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/13/2018 09:59:54] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/13/2018 09:59:54] Update Time: 2018-08-13 09:59:52
[8/13/2018 09:59:54] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/13/2018 09:59:55] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/13/2018 09:59:55] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 13
[8/13/2018 09:59:58] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 13
[8/13/2018 09:59:59] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/13/2018 10:00:00] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 14
[8/13/2018 10:00:04] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/13/2018 10:00:05] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/13/2018 10:00:11] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/13/2018 10:00:12] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 20
[8/13/2018 10:00:19] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 20
[8/13/2018 10:00:20] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 21
[8/13/2018 10:00:25] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 21
[8/13/2018 10:00:26] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 25
[8/13/2018 10:00:30] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 25
[8/13/2018 10:00:31] Vacuuming database
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Processing local shows.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Processing local shows done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Refreshing Replays.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: Office(10.0.0.128)
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Recording guide up to date.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Parsed 19/19 entries.
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Refreshing PhotoGuide for: Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:43] Found 0 files on Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: SS Bedroom(10.0.0.73)
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] There was an error refreshing the recording guide for SS Bedroom
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Attempting to use a cached version if one is available.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Parsed 0/0 entries.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] Added 41 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] No ReplayGuide for SS Bedroom
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for all
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:49] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Scheduling JIT Recordings
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Scheduling JIT Recordings complete
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Added 10 Manual Recordings to the database.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/13/2018 10:00:50] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Added 10 ToDo entries for Office in 0.109375 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Building ToDo List for: SS Bedroom
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Added 0 ToDo entries for SS Bedroom in 0.0625 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Determining conflicts...
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Done.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Collecting free memory
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Configured to update guide at: 8/14/2018 10:00 AM
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Loading/Refreshing Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/13/2018 10:00:51] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] Loaded/Refreshed Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/13/2018 10:00:52] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests

WiRNS Debug Log
[8/13/2018 10:00:46] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out, trying again
[8/13/2018 10:00:48] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out
[8/13/2018 10:29:29] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out, trying again
[8/13/2018 10:29:32] IsReplayAlive(10.0.0.73): timed out

The line "Refreshing RecordingGuide for: SS Bedroom(10.0.0.73)" shows that WiRNS is expecting a Replay at that address. Does it have that address? One of the simplest things you can do to check it is try a ping from the WiRNS machine (or any other working PC). Go to a command line and enter:

ping 10.0.0.73
post #51 of 64 Old 08-13-2018, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

OK, did that....it just says request timed out.......... what next?
post #52 of 64 Old 08-14-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
OK, did that....it just says request timed out.......... what next?

There's a timeout because there is no response from that address. Is the Replay set up properly? (I guess not, since the IP settings aren't saved unless verified, and that requires PC connection). If you try pinging the router, you'll see the difference. On the Replay, once the connection test fails you can select "Details"

One thing you can try is take a laptop (I assume you have one, and it's working) to the location of the problem Replay. Remove the network cable from the Replay and connect it to the laptop. Can you now access the rest of the network (or internet)? to find out WHAT failed. For example, it might be able to reach the router but not WiRNS. This makes a difference.

If yes, you have a good network connection. If no, the problem is not the Replay.

You now have reduced the number of places the problem can be.

If you have a network problem, look at the XE104s (if this connection is using them) to make they are still working. It would help a lot if you described what network components you have from the WiRNS PC to the problem Replay. Something like:

1. WiRNS PC
2. ethernet cable

3. router (built-in switch)

4. ethernet cable
5. XE104
6. power lines
7. XE104
8. ethernet cable
9. Replay

And the problem is somewhere along the line. It'd be better to see your list.

A defective Replay seems unlikely since you tried several. Still a cold boot (actually unplug power and network connections to the Replay for a few minutes) can help. While setting up my Replays, I had to do that on one.
post #53 of 64 Old 08-14-2018, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Mark,
First, I have no laptop (sorry) so I could not do that test. But your listing of 1. WiRNS PC 2. ethernet cable 3. router (built-in switch)
4. ethernet cable 5. XE104 6. power lines 7. XE104 8. ethernet cable 9. Replay gpt me thinking, so here's what I did: I told you I ran ethernet to the Roku FROM the office so I unplugged the ethernet from the Roku and plugged it in to the XE104 along WITH the ethernet from the Replay and it effin' works.

So that's good but here's the thing....I cannot run another ethernet cable and I should not have to. At the old house, ALL of the 104's communicated with each other all the time and they were spread over three floors.

So, while this is a fascinating development, it does not totally solve the problem...unless I were to keep plugging in the Roku when I want it or the Replay, so there still is a problem BUT we are WAY closer now. I have not tried yet to record anything on the Bedroom Replay. I'll do that next.

I'll let you know....hang in there.WiRNS Log WiRNS Log Feed.
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] WiRNS v3.0.4246 build 296
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] (c) 2004-2011 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180814182007.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Deleted wirns.log.20180811101150.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180814182007.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Deleted wirns.debug.log.20180811101150.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] **************************************
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Local time: 8/14/2018 6:20:03 PM
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Precision: 8.83423532389192E+74 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Poll Interval: 1 s
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Reference ID: x.ns.gin.ntt.net (129.250.35.250)
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Root Dispersion: 9.5062255859375 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Round Trip Delay: 63 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Local Clock Offset: -3973 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] **************************************
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Update Time: 2018-08-14 18:20:03
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 14
[8/14/2018 18:20:08] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/14/2018 18:20:09] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/14/2018 18:20:10] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 15
[8/14/2018 18:20:13] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 15
[8/14/2018 18:20:14] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/14/2018 18:20:17] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/14/2018 18:20:18] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 17
[8/14/2018 18:20:29] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 17
[8/14/2018 18:20:30] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 18
[8/14/2018 18:20:37] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 18
[8/14/2018 18:20:38] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 19
[8/14/2018 18:20:41] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 19
[8/14/2018 18:20:42] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 20
[8/14/2018 18:20:45] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 20
[8/14/2018 18:20:46] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 21
[8/14/2018 18:20:48] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 21
[8/14/2018 18:20:50] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 22
[8/14/2018 18:20:52] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 22
[8/14/2018 18:20:53] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 23
[8/14/2018 18:20:56] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 23
[8/14/2018 18:20:57] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 24
[8/14/2018 18:21:00] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 24
[8/14/2018 18:21:01] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 25
[8/14/2018 18:21:04] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 25
[8/14/2018 18:21:06] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 26
[8/14/2018 18:21:08] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 26
[8/14/2018 18:21:10] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 27
[8/14/2018 18:21:13] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 27
[8/14/2018 18:21:14] Vacuuming database
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Processing local shows.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Processing local shows done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Refreshing Replays.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: Office(10.0.0.128)
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Recording guide up to date.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Parsed 19/19 entries.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Refreshing PhotoGuide for: Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Found 0 files on Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: SS Bedroom(10.0.0.73)
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Recording guide up to date.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Parsed 15/15 entries.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing PhotoGuide for: SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Found 0 files on SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Parsed 0/0 entries.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 42 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 34 ReplayGuide shows for SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for all
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Scheduling JIT Recordings
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Scheduling JIT Recordings complete
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Added 18 Manual Recordings to the database.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Added 9 ToDo entries for Office in 0.109375 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Building ToDo List for: SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Added 11 ToDo entries for SS Bedroom in 1.796875 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Determining conflicts...
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Collecting free memory
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Configured to update guide at: 8/15/2018 10:00 AM
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Loading/Refreshing Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/14/2018 18:21:34] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] Loaded/Refreshed Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests
[8/14/2018 18:22:43] NetConnect Done.
post #54 of 64 Old 08-14-2018, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

And another wrinkle....when I went to the actual Bedroom Replay, it STILL says it's not activated and so there's no guide showing up. Question: where it gives you the option (which USED to be Motorola), do I put in something else cuz there's no Comcast, no Xfinity...I see Pace but that didn't work and I told you I don't have that code you mentioned of 1982. So what next?

Should I unplug all the 104's tomorrow and start over? They ARE making the PC's communicate so WHY would they not make the Replays communicate?

Talk to you next time....and thank you.
post #55 of 64 Old 08-14-2018, 07:58 PM

Somehow, I thought the Sony you mentioned was a laptop. My mistake. I could still have used your list. It can be hard to find a problem in something you can't see.

I believe you're saying that you have gotten 2 of the XE104s to work, but not the others. It could be that some of your wiring has more noise in it. You could try different outlets (for the currently non-working XE104s).

Why do you need to plug and unplug things? A XE104 should have four ethernet jacks.

Quote:
Hi Mark,
First, I have no laptop (sorry) so I could not do that test. But your listing of 1. WiRNS PC 2. ethernet cable 3. router (built-in switch)
4. ethernet cable 5. XE104 6. power lines 7. XE104 8. ethernet cable 9. Replay gpt me thinking, so here's what I did: I told you I ran ethernet to the Roku FROM the office so I unplugged the ethernet from the Roku and plugged it in to the XE104 along WITH the ethernet from the Replay and it effin' works.

So that's good but here's the thing....I cannot run another ethernet cable and I should not have to. At the old house, ALL of the 104's communicated with each other all the time and they were spread over three floors.

So, while this is a fascinating development, it does not totally solve the problem...unless I were to keep plugging in the Roku when I want it or the Replay, so there still is a problem BUT we are WAY closer now. I have not tried yet to record anything on the Bedroom Replay. I'll do that next.

I'll let you know....hang in there.WiRNS Log WiRNS Log Feed.
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] WiRNS v3.0.4246 build 296
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] (c) 2004-2011 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180814182007.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Deleted wirns.log.20180811101150.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180814182007.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Deleted wirns.debug.log.20180811101150.txt
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] **************************************
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/14/2018 18:20:07] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Local time: 8/14/2018 6:20:03 PM
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Precision: 8.83423532389192E+74 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Poll Interval: 1 s
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Reference ID: x.ns.gin.ntt.net (129.250.35.250)
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Root Dispersion: 9.5062255859375 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Round Trip Delay: 63 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Local Clock Offset: -3973 ms
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] **************************************
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/14/2018 18:20:03] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Update Time: 2018-08-14 18:20:03
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/14/2018 18:20:05] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 14
[8/14/2018 18:20:08] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/14/2018 18:20:09] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/14/2018 18:20:10] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 15
[8/14/2018 18:20:13] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 15
[8/14/2018 18:20:14] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/14/2018 18:20:17] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/14/2018 18:20:18] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 17
[8/14/2018 18:20:29] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 17
[8/14/2018 18:20:30] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 18
[8/14/2018 18:20:37] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 18
[8/14/2018 18:20:38] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 19
[8/14/2018 18:20:41] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 19
[8/14/2018 18:20:42] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 20
[8/14/2018 18:20:45] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 20
[8/14/2018 18:20:46] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 21
[8/14/2018 18:20:48] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 21
[8/14/2018 18:20:50] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 22
[8/14/2018 18:20:52] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 22
[8/14/2018 18:20:53] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 23
[8/14/2018 18:20:56] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 23
[8/14/2018 18:20:57] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 24
[8/14/2018 18:21:00] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 24
[8/14/2018 18:21:01] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 25
[8/14/2018 18:21:04] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 25
[8/14/2018 18:21:06] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 26
[8/14/2018 18:21:08] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 26
[8/14/2018 18:21:10] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 27
[8/14/2018 18:21:13] Validating data from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 27
[8/14/2018 18:21:14] Vacuuming database
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Processing local shows.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Processing local shows done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Refreshing Replays.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: Office(10.0.0.128)
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Recording guide up to date.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Parsed 19/19 entries.
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Refreshing PhotoGuide for: Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:28] Found 0 files on Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: SS Bedroom(10.0.0.73)
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Recording guide up to date.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Parsed 15/15 entries.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing PhotoGuide for: SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Found 0 files on SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Parsed 0/0 entries.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 42 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 34 ReplayGuide shows for SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for all
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:29] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Scheduling JIT Recordings
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Scheduling JIT Recordings complete
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Added 18 Manual Recordings to the database.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Added 9 ToDo entries for Office in 0.109375 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:31] Building ToDo List for: SS Bedroom
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Added 11 ToDo entries for SS Bedroom in 1.796875 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Determining conflicts...
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Done.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Collecting free memory
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Configured to update guide at: 8/15/2018 10:00 AM
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Loading/Refreshing Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/14/2018 18:21:33] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/14/2018 18:21:34] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] Loaded/Refreshed Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/14/2018 18:21:35] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests
[8/14/2018 18:22:43] NetConnect Done.
post #56 of 64 Old 08-14-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
And another wrinkle....when I went to the actual Bedroom Replay, it STILL says it's not activated and so there's no guide showing up. Question: where it gives you the option (which USED to be Motorola), do I put in something else cuz there's no Comcast, no Xfinity...I see Pace but that didn't work and I told you I don't have that code you mentioned of 1982. So what next?

Should I unplug all the 104's tomorrow and start over? They ARE making the PC's communicate so WHY would they not make the Replays communicate?

Talk to you next time....and thank you.

The Replay should be activated (and get a guide) when connected to WiRNS. Try doing this again. The easiest way (using the Replay remote) is:

2-4-3-Zones-7

Did your other Reply activate and get a guide?

In Replay setup, it's asking for the manufacturer of the cable box, not the cable company. It's likely to be marked on the box. Maybe something like Pace or Arris. If you don't know, there's an option for other. If you have to search through a long list. it's often better to start at the BOTTOM and work up. My box is Pace.

There's a way to make WiRNS download new codes to the box. It's part of "Zones". There's several new codes, some specially for Comcast.

When I needed to set up a new device, I searched this forum for the model number. That's where I got that number (1982).

As to the XE104s, I would say don't unplug those that are working. Try the others in different outlets. If it will work, the middle (Homeplug) light will come on.

It would have helped if you told me what the lights on the XE104s were doing (both the 3 on the front, and the 2 on each ethernet jack). These lights are there to help you find and solve problems.
post #57 of 64 Old 08-18-2018, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The Replay should be activated (and get a guide) when connected to WiRNS. Try doing this again. The easiest way (using the Replay remote) is:

2-4-3-Zones-7

Did your other Reply activate and get a guide?

In Replay setup, it's asking for the manufacturer of the cable box, not the cable company. It's likely to be marked on the box. Maybe something like Pace or Arris. If you don't know, there's an option for other. If you have to search through a long list. it's often better to start at the BOTTOM and work up. My box is Pace.

There's a way to make WiRNS download new codes to the box. It's part of "Zones". There's several new codes, some specially for Comcast.

When I needed to set up a new device, I searched this forum for the model number. That's where I got that number (1982).

As to the XE104s, I would say don't unplug those that are working. Try the others in different outlets. If it will work, the middle (Homeplug) light will come on.

It would have helped if you told me what the lights on the XE104s were doing (both the 3 on the front, and the 2 on each ethernet jack). These lights are there to help you find and solve problems.
The bedroom Replay WOULD NOT ACTIVATE, no matter what I tried....and so I have taken it out for the time being. And BTW since it would NOT activate (it showed only the old Replay warning which of course has been long obsolete and so I could never use the 243Zones7 thing either.

However, I DID get the living room Replay functional as IP 10.0.0.75. The lights on the XE104's appeared to be fine...blue homeplug in the middle and the others especially the top one blinking EXCEPT when I was working on the bedroom unit, the blue light would at times blink off....tried other 104's but it did not seem to matter and on all of those that I tried, the top and bottom ethernet lights were working. So, now I at least have two units communicating, living room and office, and next week I may try to get another up...no hurry, really.

However, I am still unclear about the settings...there is no choice for Arris which it says on the bottom of my cable box and I tried "other" but that got me nowhere. And, by the way, you mentioned you had words in between the ethernet plugs but I pulled them all out and there were no words there. If you have any further thoughts regarding settings, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks, as always,
Sharon
post #58 of 64 Old 08-19-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
The bedroom Replay WOULD NOT ACTIVATE, no matter what I tried....and so I have taken it out for the time being. And BTW since it would NOT activate (it showed only the old Replay warning which of course has been long obsolete and so I could never use the 243Zones7 thing either.

However, I DID get the living room Replay functional as IP 10.0.0.75. The lights on the XE104's appeared to be fine...blue homeplug in the middle and the others especially the top one blinking EXCEPT when I was working on the bedroom unit, the blue light would at times blink off....tried other 104's but it did not seem to matter and on all of those that I tried, the top and bottom ethernet lights were working. So, now I at least have two units communicating, living room and office, and next week I may try to get another up...no hurry, really.

However, I am still unclear about the settings...there is no choice for Arris which it says on the bottom of my cable box and I tried "other" but that got me nowhere. And, by the way, you mentioned you had words in between the ethernet plugs but I pulled them all out and there were no words there. If you have any further thoughts regarding settings, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks, as always,
Sharon

As to the Replay that would not activate, was it communicating with WiRNS? Do you see anything about it in the WiRNS logs? It can make it easier if you use the WiRNS "Rotate Log Files" option before trying. That way, you don't have to look thorough so much other stuff to find it. WiRNS won't activate a Replay it dosesn't recognize. As I suggested before, you can enter the Replay IP in WiRNS and it will get the other information.

243Zones7 should work fine once you've got DNS set to the WiRNS PC. If you have trouble doing that, try starting the Replay without the ethernet cable.

On the XE104, "Homeplug" blinking off indicates activity. If it STAYS off there's some problem with data on the powerline.

If you can't find any settings that work with your cable box, you may need one of the new IR codes. There is an extension to WiRNS that provides them to the Replays.

1. Go to the WiRNS site at wirns.com/
2. click on "Download Extras"
3. select the "Extras/" directory
4. Download "MyReplayZones - v3.zip"
5. Unzip and follow the instructions in README.TXT (Be sure to include the Comcast IR codes file)

Once your Replay does a net connect it should have the new codes.

I'm not sure what "words between the ethernet plugs" would mean, although I did mention the diagnostic LEDs built-in to the ethernet jacks. Also, you should have a label BELOW the ethernet jacks on your Arris router (with WiFi information).
post #59 of 64 Old 08-19-2018, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Question: Do the Zones Comcast IR Blaster Addition.zip and Zones.zip files JUST have to be listed under "Plugins"?

Sharon
post #60 of 64 Old 08-20-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Question: Do the Zones Comcast IR Blaster Addition.zip and Zones.zip files JUST have to be listed under "Plugins"?

Sharon

You mean on the WiRNS status page?

No, the ZIP file are not WiRNS plugins. You seem to have downloaded the right thing. Now, you need to follow the instructions with that WiRNS extra:

1. UNZIP (not copy) those 2 files into the WiRNS directory. These will be put in a subdirectory called Zones.

2. Remove NoReplayZones.dll from the Plugins directory, replacing it with MyReplayZones.dll from the new Zones directory.

3. Restart WiRNS. You can now see the change you made in step 2.

4. Do a net connect from each Replay that needs the new codes.

When I installed this, I didn't have any trouble except when I forgot to restart WiRNS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page