Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1 of 64 Old 07-15-2018, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question OK, I'll try one more time

PLEASE help.....I previously had 5 Replays running but we have since moved from 60171 to 60172. Still have Comcast with X1 which has its own builtin DVR...but I would still like to get the Replays running, if possible. Previous settings were 192.168.1.101 thru 105 and running WIRNS worked fine. NOW with the modem I have from Comcast (they disconnected the router cuz I didn't need it, they said). The IP address I'm using now is 10.0.0.248 for the PC which was PREVIOUSLY the server to the other Replays. Default gateway is 10.0.0.1 as is the DHCP server and the DNS servers show up as 75.75.75.75.75.75.76.76.

If I try to put in manual settings like it WAS before we moved, then WIRNS will not even try to load but when I use the stuff mentioned above I do have ONE Replay that shows up.

Can SOMEONE please help....otherwise I'll probably just have to get rid of about 6 or 7 functional Replays.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 07-15-2018, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon2649 View Post
PLEASE help.....I previously had 5 Replays running but we have since moved from 60171 to 60172. Still have Comcast with X1 which has its own builtin DVR...but I would still like to get the Replays running, if possible. Previous settings were 192.168.1.101 thru 105 and running WIRNS worked fine. NOW with the modem I have from Comcast (they disconnected the router cuz I didn't need it, they said). The IP address I'm using now is 10.0.0.248 for the PC which was PREVIOUSLY the server to the other Replays. Default gateway is 10.0.0.1 as is the DHCP server and the DNS servers show up as 75.75.75.75.75.75.76.76.

If I try to put in manual settings like it WAS before we moved, then WIRNS will not even try to load but when I use the stuff mentioned above I do have ONE Replay that shows up.

Can SOMEONE please help....otherwise I'll probably just have to get rid of about 6 or 7 functional Replays.

Thanks for listening.
The new device is giving out addresses to your devices. It is using a DHCP server built in to the device. Your old router also had a DHCP server built in. You can't really have 2 devices handing out IP addresses, which is why it was easier for them to take out your router from the system.

You can get it to work, but you'll have to:
1) redo the DHCP addresses on the Comcast device to give out addresses in the range you used to use; or

2) put your old router in between your Comcast device and your other devices. But, you'll still have to tell the Comcast device not to use it's DHCP server.

3) renumber all the IP addresses for WiRNS and the ReplayTVs.

Many times you are locked out of changing things on the Comcast device, so I'll describe how to accomplish #3 . However, if you can do #1 or #2 above, it may be easier.

To renumber everything:

1) Find out or configure your WiRNS IP address. You can find it by going to the Command Prompt and typing IPCONFIG.
This will show you what the IP address for that machine. You will need to go into WiRNS and make sure that is the setting that is active there.

2) Go to each Replay and change it's IP address info to be within the new range of IP addresses that the Comcast is giving out, and set the DNS to be the IP address of the WiRNS machine. You may need to set it to Automatic to see what IP address the DHCP server give it, and then go back in and set it to Manual with the new WiRNS DNS.

Rob
sharon2649 likes this.

Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, hdonzis, gduprey, LeeThompson, j.m., archdog99, FlipFlop, The Dreamer, chriv and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
post #3 of 64 Old 07-15-2018, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

..Right now DHCP is 10.0.0.248 on this PC. IP config won't stay on screen long enuf to see. If I use 192.168.1.112 for IP to set manually with subnet 255.255.255.0, what would gateway be cuz it shows as 10.0.0.1. Then if I set 192.168.1.112 for DNS1 it won't take DNS2 so I leave it blank. When I click on WIRNS green W and put in the 192.168.1.112 IP address, it says it refused to connect. On the config server it shows as 127.0.0.1.8923.
.Sharon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 Old 07-16-2018, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
"Can't have 2 DHCP servers" is true if they are on the same network. That is NOT the case here, and connecting that router back might solve the problem with the Replays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlichtefeld View Post
The new device is giving out addresses to your devices. It is using a DHCP server built in to the device. Your old router also had a DHCP server built in. You can't really have 2 devices handing out IP addresses, which is why it was easier for them to take out your router from the system.

1) redo the DHCP addresses on the Comcast device to give out addresses in the range you used to use; or

2) put your old router in between your Comcast device and your other devices. But, you'll still have to tell the Comcast device not to use it's DHCP server.

Many times you are locked out of changing things on the Comcast device, so I'll describe how to accomplish #3 . However, if you can do #1 or #2 above, it may be easier.

To renumber everything:

1) Find out or configure your WiRNS IP address. You can find it by going to the Command Prompt and typing IPCONFIG.
This will show you what the IP address for that machine. You will need to go into WiRNS and make sure that is the setting that is active there.

2) Go to each Replay and change it's IP address info to be within the new range of IP addresses that the Comcast is giving out, and set the DNS to be the IP address of the WiRNS machine. You may need to set it to Automatic to see what IP address the DHCP server give it, and then go back in and set it to Manual with the new WiRNS DNS.

Rob
post #5 of 64 Old 07-16-2018, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd View Post
"Can't have 2 DHCP servers" is true if they are on the same network. That is NOT the case here, and connecting that router back might solve the problem with the Replays.
You have helped me before and I hope you will continue so I can get this done. I am unclear exactly HOW to get the router back and set up so if you could please explain that I would appreciate it. Also, not sure if I mentioned before that in the last house before we moved, all the Replays ran thru Netgear XE104's and I have them hooked up here in the new house....in fact, it was only because of the XE104's that the Comcast guy was able to get all 3 PC's running and communicating....and BTW all 3 are running Win XP.

So, please keep helping as I don't want to lose the Replays...the Comcast dude DID say he was not sure if the Replays would be able to record or not. Does that make any sense to you guys?

Thanks.
post #6 of 64 Old 07-16-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
You have helped me before and I hope you will continue so I can get this done. I am unclear exactly HOW to get the router back and set up so if you could please explain that I would appreciate it. Also, not sure if I mentioned before that in the last house before we moved, all the Replays ran thru Netgear XE104's and I have them hooked up here in the new house....in fact, it was only because of the XE104's that the Comcast guy was able to get all 3 PC's running and communicating....and BTW all 3 are running Win XP.

So, please keep helping as I don't want to lose the Replays...the Comcast dude DID say he was not sure if the Replays would be able to record or not. Does that make any sense to you guys?
Thanks.
According to your original post, the Comcast modem/router (I try to avoid combination devices) is assigning addresses in the 10.0.0.x range, and your original router is assigning addresses in the 192.168.1.x range. You should be able to connect your router to the Comcast box without making any changes, and then can get 192.168.1.x addresses on your computers. No configuration changes should be necessary.

There will be no problem with conflicting DHCP servers, since they are not on the same network. The Comcast server is just providing an address to your router, and your router's server is providing addresses to your computers and Replays.

When W2000 was the latest, I really didn't like XP (the anti-usability "feature" inappropriately called "product activation"). It's not so bad compared to the latest versions (8+).

I find it best to assume that the cable guy knows nothing about Replays, and not mention them. I did have to have someone come out a couple of years ago. I disconnected the Replays first.

Your Replays WILL be able to record. If the cable box doesn't have composite output, there are adapters available (I see some at amazon for less than $20). If you have a HD box and widescreen TV, you may have an aspect ratio problem this converter will solve.

If there's any problem, it will be the Replay controlling the box. You could ask here if anyone has the same model cable box. There's no reason you can't try it. Also, there may be additional IR codes available. There's a way to get WiRNS to provide them, or you can use LaHo.
post #7 of 64 Old 07-17-2018, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
According to your original post, the Comcast modem/router (I try to avoid combination devices) is assigning addresses in the 10.0.0.x range, and your original router is assigning addresses in the 192.168.1.x range. You should be able to connect your router to the Comcast box without making any changes, and then can get 192.168.1.x addresses on your computers. No configuration changes should be necessary.

Why would you even consider introducing Double-NAT?

I would either:
1. Set the Comcast Modem/Router into Bridge Mode, and use your (old) router as your Gateway.
2. Change the LAN Settings on your Comcast Router to match those that your old Router used. (i.e. - Set the LAN IP of the Comcast Router to be 192.168.1.1; Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0; and assign Static IP's on your Replays / PC's as you did before. Be sure to "reserve" IP addresses for your RTV's to prevent the double-DHCP bug..)
ClearToLand likes this.
post #8 of 64 Old 07-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
Why would you even consider introducing Double-NAT?

I would either:
1. Set the Comcast Modem/Router into Bridge Mode, and use your (old) router as your Gateway.
2. Change the LAN Settings on your Comcast Router to match those that your old Router used. (i.e. - Set the LAN IP of the Comcast Router to be 192.168.1.1; Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0; and assign Static IP's on your Replays / PC's as you did before. Be sure to "reserve" IP addresses for your RTV's to prevent the double-DHCP bug..)

I gave the simplest answer that was likely to work. "Double NAT" would add some (maybe not much) to latency, but is otherwise harmless.

Altering the settings on a ISP-provided device may be difficult or impossible. The settings in #2 here are likely to already be present in the old router.
post #9 of 64 Old 07-17-2018, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I gave the simplest answer that was likely to work. "Double NAT" would add some (maybe not much) to latency, but is otherwise harmless.

Altering the settings on a ISP-provided device may be difficult or impossible. The settings in #2 here are likely to already be present in the old router.

I agree that it may be impossible to set the Comcast Modem / Router into bridge mode without Comcast doing it for you, but changing LAN settings should be doable. My folks have Altice / Optimum, and I was able to configure the Altice Provided Router to get their stuff back to what it was, although I did have to use their "Optimum.net" tools via their wabe pages instead of 192.168.0.1, but the end result was the same.

I have a stand-alone modem and wireless router, so for me, it's all easy to change.

In reality, the "second" router could be used to connect the Replays to each other and the WiRNS PC only, then that PC could connect to the Comcast Router via Wireless or a Second NIC.... I actually did this for years...
post #10 of 64 Old 07-17-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I agree that it may be impossible to set the Comcast Modem / Router into bridge mode without Comcast doing it for you, but changing LAN settings should be doable. My folks have Altice / Optimum, and I was able to configure the Altice Provided Router to get their stuff back to what it was, although I did have to use their "Optimum.net" tools via their wabe pages instead of 192.168.0.1, but the end result was the same.

I have a stand-alone modem and wireless router, so for me, it's all easy to change.

In reality, the "second" router could be used to connect the Replays to each other and the WiRNS PC only, then that PC could connect to the Comcast Router via Wireless or a Second NIC.... I actually did this for years...

I have always had seperate modem and router. One reason is that the router is mine and part of MY network. I don't want the ISP messing with that. One thing I do with my router is local DNS, where I can access a device by name rather than IP. Also, I use DNS in the router to redirect all access to "*.replaytv.net" to "wirns.lan" (my computer [Win 7 VM on Linux host] running WiRNs). Because of this, I leave the Replays set to use DHCP. Setting "address reservation" in the router is still necessary.

Your suggestion of a separate network for the Replays (WiRNS machine on both networks) sounds good, although it could be a problem if the Replays aren't all in one place. And what about IVS?

BTW, I have Replays at IP addresses 192.168.1.5x (for no particular reason).
post #11 of 64 Old 07-17-2018, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Your suggestion of a separate network for the Replays (WiRNS machine on both networks) sounds good, although it could be a problem if the Replays aren't all in one place. And what about IVS?
Replays do not do wireless out of the box, only ethernet, so if you have five Replays on your LAN, it's not that they are not in one place, it's where the cables that connect to the Replays run to. And if you are using wireless ethernet adapters (RJ-45 to WiFi), it's a matter of making sure these adapters connect to the correct Wifi network. If the Replays all are home-run wired to the router / switch, then it's easy. If there are switches at each Replay for other hard-wired internet connected devices, it's gets tricky.

In the 15+ years I've been running my Replays, I've never used IVS...
post #12 of 64 Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Replays do not do wireless out of the box, only ethernet, so if you have five Replays on your LAN, it's not that they are not in one place, it's where the cables that connect to the Replays run to. And if you are using wireless ethernet adapters (RJ-45 to WiFi), it's a matter of making sure these adapters connect to the correct Wifi network. If the Replays all are home-run wired to the router / switch, then it's easy. If there are switches at each Replay for other hard-wired internet connected devices, it's gets tricky.

In the 15+ years I've been running my Replays, I've never used IVS...

As to the WiFi, I mistakenly omitted the part about using an old router as a wireless bridge. The Replays not being in the same place would mean you'd need multiple wireless bridges. I do have more than one Linksys WRT54G (once used for my main network, but now too slow). These have 4 ethernet ports (5 if you know how to configure it).

I don't use IVS much, but I like to have the capability.
post #13 of 64 Old 07-18-2018, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Thanks.

One more thing, other than the ethernet/router setup, do the new cable boxes have RCA jacks for video out? Or a coax cable connection for video out? Many new ones seem to only have HDMI. If you can give us the model number of the cable box, we can verify it.

And, after thinking about it, the easiest may be to take the cable coming out of the Comcast gateway, and plug it into the WAN/Internet port of your old router. So, the only thing going into the Comcast gateway should be the power cord and the line in - could be coax, fiber, or RJ-45 connector. And, then after you connect your old router to it, the only cord coming out of the Comcast device is a single RJ-45 going into the router.

At this point, you may need to reboot, the XE104s as wells as the PCs, and Replays, since it will be the old router giving out IP addresses at this point.

However, if the cable box doesn't have RCA jacks or Coax outputs, it doesn't matter.

Rob

Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, hdonzis, gduprey, LeeThompson, j.m., archdog99, FlipFlop, The Dreamer, chriv and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
post #14 of 64 Old 07-19-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
One more thing, other than the ethernet/router setup, do the new cable boxes have RCA jacks for video out? Or a coax cable connection for video out? Many new ones seem to only have HDMI. If you can give us the model number of the cable box, we can verify it.

And, after thinking about it, the easiest may be to take the cable coming out of the Comcast gateway, and plug it into the WAN/Internet port of your old router. So, the only thing going into the Comcast gateway should be the power cord and the line in - could be coax, fiber, or RJ-45 connector. And, then after you connect your old router to it, the only cord coming out of the Comcast device is a single RJ-45 going into the router.

At this point, you may need to reboot, the XE104s as wells as the PCs, and Replays, since it will be the old router giving out IP addresses at this point.

However, if the cable box doesn't have RCA jacks or Coax outputs, it doesn't matter.

Rob

If the cable box doesn't have those outputs, it probably has HDMI and you can use an adapter (HDMI to composite). They don't cost much now. I use adapters, and get a better picture (avoiding the box's inappropriate letterboxing).
post #15 of 64 Old 07-19-2018, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If the cable box doesn't have those outputs, it probably has HDMI and you can use an adapter (HDMI to composite). They don't cost much now. I use adapters, and get a better picture (avoiding the box's inappropriate letterboxing).
Wow, suddenly TOO MUCH info....but I did manage to get the Comcast modem info....it's Arris model TG1682G dual band wifi 802.11ac and it says Network name XFSETUP-3315 and password buckle7089cream.

Busy for a couple of days so I have not been able to try your latest suggestion but I WILL TRY IT and let you know. Don't know if all this info from the modem helps but thought I should send it.

Thanks, Rob
post #16 of 64 Old 08-01-2018, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

To renumber everything:

Rob
Rob,
I may have missed it but I don't think you ever described how to accomplish #3 , did you?

Sharon2649
post #17 of 64 Old 08-04-2018, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

WiRNS Log WiRNS Log Feed.
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] WiRNS v3.0.5732 build 18532
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] (c) 2004-2015 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180804170405.txt
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Deleted wirns.log.20180727101501.txt
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180804170405.txt
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Deleted wirns.debug.log.20180727101501.txt
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] **************************************
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Local time: 8/4/2018 5:04:05 PM
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Precision: 5.52139707743245E+73 ms
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Poll Interval: 1 s
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Reference ID: bonehed.lcs.mit.edu (18.26.4.105)
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Root Dispersion: 31.4483642578125 ms
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Round Trip Delay: 32 ms
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] Local Clock Offset: 61 ms
[8/4/2018 17:04:06] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/4/2018 17:04:08] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/4/2018 17:04:10] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Update Time: 2018-08-04 17:04:08
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Saving configuration
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] New configuration saved.
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Loading configuration
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/4/2018 17:04:12] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/4/2018 17:04:12] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 04
[8/4/2018 17:04:15] Validating 3889 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 04
[8/4/2018 17:04:15] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/4/2018 17:04:20] [NTP] Restarted NTP Proxy Server
[8/4/2018 17:04:20] [DNS] Restarted DNS Proxy Server
[8/4/2018 17:04:21] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 05
[8/4/2018 17:04:24] Validating 3832 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 05
[8/4/2018 17:04:28] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 07
[8/4/2018 17:04:31] Validating 3897 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 07
[8/4/2018 17:04:36] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 11
[8/4/2018 17:04:39] Validating 3895 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 11
[8/4/2018 17:04:44] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 12
[8/4/2018 17:04:47] Validating 3824 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 12
[8/4/2018 17:04:54] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/4/2018 17:04:57] Validating 3864 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/4/2018 17:05:02] Vacuuming database
[8/4/2018 17:05:18] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/4/2018 17:05:18] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/4/2018 17:05:18] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/4/2018 17:05:18] Processing local shows.
[8/4/2018 17:05:18] Processing local shows done.
[8/4/2018 17:05:18] Refreshing Replays.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/4/2018 5:05PM.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Parsing RecordingGuide for: Office
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Parsed 52/52 entries as of 1/1/2001 1:38PM.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Added 73 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Added 0 Downloaded shows for all
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.046875 clear, 0 downloaded, 0.015625 duplicate).
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/4/2018 17:05:20] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/4/2018 17:05:20] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/4/2018 17:05:20] Added 19 Manual Recordings to the database.
[8/4/2018 17:05:20] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/4/2018 17:05:20] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/4/2018 17:05:20] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] [NTP] Restarting Windows Time Service.
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Added 37 ToDo entries for Office in 0.375 seconds.
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Determining conflicts...
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Done.
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] [NTP] Detected Windows Time Service. Temporarily stopping it to run proxy.
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Collecting free memory
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Configured to update guide at: 8/5/2018 10:15 AM
[8/4/2018 17:05:22] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/4/2018 17:05:22] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/4/2018 17:05:22] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests

Here's what I get when I use 10.0.0.248 and DNS 75.75.75.75:

WiRNS Debug Log
[8/4/2018 17:04:09] UPNP Send(): System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested address is not valid in its context
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(IPEndPoint localEP)
at WiRNS.UDPMulticastListener.Send(String Response)
[8/4/2018 17:04:09] UPNP Send(): System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested address is not valid in its context
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Invalid Secondary Web Server port:
[8/4/2018 17:05:22] HTTPClient: HTTP error connecting to 10.0.0.248 (ConnectFailure)

How do I correct this.........PLEASE??????????????

Sharon2649
post #18 of 64 Old 08-04-2018, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180804170405.txt
[8/4/2018 17:04:05] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180804170405.txt
[8/4/2018 17:04:11] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/4/2018 17:04:15] Validating 3889 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 04
[8/4/2018 17:04:24] Validating 3832 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 05
[8/4/2018 17:04:31] Validating 3897 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 07
[8/4/2018 17:04:39] Validating 3895 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 11
[8/4/2018 17:04:47] Validating 3824 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 12
[8/4/2018 17:04:57] Validating 3864 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/4/2018 17:05:19] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.046875 clear, 0 downloaded, 0.015625 duplicate).
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/4/2018 17:05:21] [NTP] Detected Windows Time Service. Temporarily stopping it to run proxy.
[8/4/2018 17:05:22] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z

WiRNS Debug Log
[8/4/2018 17:05:22] HTTPClient: HTTP error connecting to 10.0.0.248 (ConnectFailure)

Sharon2649
And if I put in 192.168.1.112 (like I used to use) I get 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Sharon2649
post #19 of 64 Old 08-04-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:

WiRNS Debug Log

Sharon2649

The address 10.0.0.248 appears to be a Replay. Make sure the Replay actually has this address, and WiRNS is set to use that address Did you set up address reservation on your router?

BTW, why the strange name (user-8cc047851d)?

Also, I noticed the error "Invalid Secondary Web Server port". Unless you know you need this, you can enter 0 there.
post #20 of 64 Old 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The address 10.0.0.248 appears to be a Replay. Make sure the Replay actually has this address, and WiRNS is set to use that address Did you set up address reservation on your router?

BTW, why the strange name (user-8cc047851d)?

Also, I noticed the error "Invalid Secondary Web Server port". Unless you know you need this, you can enter 0 there.
In response, the address 10.0.0.248 is NOT a Replay, rather it is the DHCP of the PC and Host Name shows up as user-8cc047851d is also the PC ID I guess. No, I have NOT set up address reservation on my router because I am unsure if I should even have the router attached. Color me an old confused woman, one who USED to be able to figure all this stuff out but apparently I no longer can.

Sharon 2649
post #21 of 64 Old 08-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
In response, the address 10.0.0.248 is NOT a Replay, rather it is the DHCP of the PC and Host Name shows up as user-8cc047851d is also the PC ID I guess. No, I have NOT set up address reservation on my router because I am unsure if I should even have the router attached. Color me an old confused woman, one who USED to be able to figure all this stuff out but apparently I no longer can.

Sharon 2649

The address (10.0.0.248) appeared in the log as if it were a Replay. I dont understand why you'd name the PC something like that (I use people's names, like this PC is Larry). No, don't change it now. Get your Replays working.

There will be 2 different "DNS addresses" in your setup.

1. The address you set WiRNS to use. This will probably be the address of your router (IIRC 10.0.0.1). Setting it the same as the Replays would cause a loop. Set this in configuration > WiRNS.

2. The address of the PC running WiRNS, which you set as DNS on the Replays.

Also, check your Replay setup in WiRNS (configuration > Replays), making sure that the IP here is the address of the Replay (not either of the DNS addresses).

It's probably OK to not worry about address reservation yet. Do this after you get everything else working.

BTW, I had to replace my router Friday, so had to do some of the same things. Good thing I had a printout from the old router and had no trouble finding those MAC addresses (for address reservation).
post #22 of 64 Old 08-05-2018, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

8/5/2018 11:59:57] Starting WiRNS as a Service
[8/5/2018 11:59:57] Checking Database...
[8/5/2018 11:59:57] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\WiRNS.db.startup
[8/5/2018 11:59:58] Backing up C:\WiRNS\dnra.db to: C:\WiRNS\dnra.db.startup
[8/5/2018 11:59:59] Backing up C:\WiRNS\ivsxfer.db to: C:\WiRNS\ivsxfer.db.startup
[8/5/2018 12:00:00] Backing up C:\WiRNS\shows.db to: C:\WiRNS\shows.db.startup
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Checking WiRNS database integrity...
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] WiRNS database Integrity Check: Passed.
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] Done Checking Database
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] WiRNS v3.0 build 5732 revision 18532
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] (c) 2004-2015 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, gduprey, LeeThompson, j.m., archdog99, FlipFlop, The Dreamer, chriv, hdonzis and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] Initializing.
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] Loading configuration
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] Starting WiRNS
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Configured to force net connects at: 1:15 AM on Every Day
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Configured to update guide at: 8/6/2018 9:35 AM
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Processing local shows.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Processing local shows done.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Refreshing Replays.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/5/2018 12:00PM.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Added 0 Downloaded shows for all
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.0625 clear, 0 downloaded, 0 duplicate).
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Detected configuration settings.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Starting Replay Emulation server on: 10.0.0.248:80
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Loading server plugins.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Plugin: AuthCtrl.dll (3.0.5502.43026) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: ChannelGuideProvider.dll (3.0.5749.19695) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: ChannelRemap.dll (3.0.5502.43030) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] GetNextCall window start is forced to start at 02:00 each day.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: GetNextCall.dll (3.0.5749.19143) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: GetShellCommands.dll (3.0.5502.43029) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: GetTimeZone.dll (3.0.5502.43025) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: GuideServer.dll (3.0.5864.40580) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: HeadendProvider.dll (3.0.5502.43028) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: IVS.dll (3.0.5698.24755) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider loading permanent entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.conf
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider added 0 entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.conf.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider loading cached entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.cache
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider added 0 entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.cache.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider loading update entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.update
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider added 0 entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.update.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: IVSProvider.dll (3.0.5502.43031) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: LoginLogout.dll (3.0.5502.43026) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: MyPhoneNumbers.dll (3.0.5502.43024) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: NoReplayZones.dll (3.0.5502.43030) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: NoServers.dll (3.0.5732.31205) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: NoSoftwareUpdate.dll (3.0.5502.43031) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: PutSyslogProvider.dll (3.0.5749.19312) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: RemoteControl.dll (3.0.5698.24755) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: RSS.NET.dll (3.0.5698.24755) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: ServerManagement.dll (3.0.5719.18192) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: XactProvider.dll (3.0.5719.18241) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Plugin: ZipcodeProvider.dll (3.0.5502.43027) loaded.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Replay Network Server Emulation started.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Starting UPNP
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Starting configuration server on 127.0.0.1:8923
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Loading server plugins.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider loading permanent entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.conf
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider added 0 entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.conf.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider loading cached entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.cache
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider added 0 entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.cache.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider loading update entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.update
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] IVSProvider added 0 entries from C:\WiRNS\IVSProvider.update.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Starting NTP Proxy
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Starting DNS Proxy
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] **************************************
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Local time: 8/5/2018 12:00:01 PM
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Precision: 1.38034926935811E+73 ms
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Poll Interval: 8 s
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Reference ID: utcnist2.colorado.edu (128.138.141.172)
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Root Dispersion: 27.587890625 ms
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Round Trip Delay: 32 ms
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Local Clock Offset: -3948 ms
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] **************************************
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Remote show sending enabled!
[8/5/2018 12:00:01] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests

[8/5/2018 12:30:18] WiRNS v3.0.5732 build 18532
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] (c) 2004-2015 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180805123018.txt
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] Deleted wirns.log.20180730094152.txt
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180805123018.txt
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] Deleted wirns.debug.log.20180730094152.txt
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] **************************************
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Local time: 8/5/2018 12:30:11 PM
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Precision: 2.76069853871623E+73 ms
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Poll Interval: 8 s
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Reference ID: pool-71-115-236-182.syrcny.fios.verizon.net (71.115.236.182)
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Root Dispersion: 31.5399169921875 ms
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Round Trip Delay: 32 ms
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Local Clock Offset: -6983 ms
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] **************************************
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/5/2018 12:30:12] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/5/2018 12:30:14] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/5/2018 12:30:14] Update Time: 2018-08-05 12:30:12
[8/5/2018 12:30:14] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/5/2018 12:30:14] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/5/2018 12:30:14] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 05
[8/5/2018 12:30:19] Validating 3832 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 05
[8/5/2018 12:30:19] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/5/2018 12:30:24] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 06
[8/5/2018 12:30:28] Validating 3881 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 06
[8/5/2018 12:30:33] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 07
[8/5/2018 12:30:37] Validating 3897 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 07
[8/5/2018 12:30:42] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 08
[8/5/2018 12:30:45] Validating 3846 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 08
[8/5/2018 12:30:51] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 09
[8/5/2018 12:30:55] Validating 3839 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 09
[8/5/2018 12:31:00] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 10
[8/5/2018 12:31:05] Validating 3897 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 10
[8/5/2018 12:31:11] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 11
[8/5/2018 12:31:14] Validating 3894 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 11
[8/5/2018 12:31:19] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 12
[8/5/2018 12:31:22] Validating 3823 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 12
[8/5/2018 12:31:27] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 13
[8/5/2018 12:31:30] Validating 3818 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 13
[8/5/2018 12:31:37] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 14
[8/5/2018 12:31:40] Validating 3871 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/5/2018 12:31:45] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 15
[8/5/2018 12:31:47] Validating 3867 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 15
[8/5/2018 12:31:54] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/5/2018 12:31:57] Validating 3864 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/5/2018 12:32:02] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 17
[8/5/2018 12:32:05] Validating 3892 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 17
[8/5/2018 12:32:11] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 18
[8/5/2018 12:32:14] Validating 3869 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 18
[8/5/2018 12:32:19] Vacuuming database
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Processing local shows.
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Processing local shows done.
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Refreshing Replays.
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/5/2018 12:32:37] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/5/2018 12:32PM.
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: Office(10.0.0.248)
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/5/2018 12:32PM.
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Refreshing PhotoGuide for: Office
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Found 0 files on Office
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Added 0 Downloaded shows for all
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.0625 clear, 0 downloaded, 0 duplicate).
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Scheduling JIT Recordings
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Scheduling JIT Recordings complete
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Added 0 ToDo entries for Office in 0.0625 seconds.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Determining conflicts...
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Done.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Collecting free memory
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Configured to update guide at: 8/6/2018 9:35 AM
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Loading/Refreshing Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/5/2018 12:32:40] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/5/2018 12:32:42] Loaded/Refreshed Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/5/2018 12:32:42] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/5/2018 12:32:42] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/5/2018 12:32:42] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests

This is the recent stuff using 10.0.0.248 BUT TWO things....I have on screen a warning about fan lock!

AND the Replay WILL NOT get off the current settings ....under system info AUTO IP10.0.0.73 netmask 255 X3, gateway 10.0.0.1 and DNS 75.75.75.75 and 2 75.75.76.76
post #23 of 64 Old 08-05-2018, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
[8/5/2018 11:59:59] Backing up C:\WiRNS\ivsxfer.db to: C:\WiRNS\ivsxfer.db.startup
[8/5/2018 12:00:02] Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, gduprey, LeeThompson, j.m., archdog99, FlipFlop, The Dreamer, chriv, hdonzis and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
[8/5/2018 12:00:03] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.0625 clear, 0 downloaded, 0 duplicate).
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] [PLUGIN] GetNextCall window start is forced to start at 02:00 each day.
[8/5/2018 12:00:05] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.

[8/5/2018 12:30:18] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180805123018.txt
[8/5/2018 12:30:18] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180805123018.txt
[8/5/2018 12:30:11] Reference ID: pool-71-115-236-182.syrcny.fios.verizon.net (71.115.236.182)
[8/5/2018 12:30:19] Validating 3832 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 05
[8/5/2018 12:30:28] Validating 3881 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 06
[8/5/2018 12:30:37] Validating 3897 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 07
[8/5/2018 12:30:45] Validating 3846 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 08
[8/5/2018 12:30:55] Validating 3839 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 09
[8/5/2018 12:31:05] Validating 3897 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 10
[8/5/2018 12:31:14] Validating 3894 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 11
[8/5/2018 12:31:22] Validating 3823 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 12
[8/5/2018 12:31:30] Validating 3818 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 13
[8/5/2018 12:31:40] Validating 3871 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/5/2018 12:31:47] Validating 3867 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 15
[8/5/2018 12:31:57] Validating 3864 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/5/2018 12:32:05] Validating 3892 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 17
[8/5/2018 12:32:14] Validating 3869 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 18
[8/5/2018 12:32:38] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.0625 clear, 0 downloaded, 0 duplicate).
[8/5/2018 12:32:39] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/5/2018 12:32:42] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z

This is the recent stuff using 10.0.0.248 BUT TWO things....I have on screen a warning about fan lock!

AND the Replay WILL NOT get off the current settings ....under system info AUTO IP10.0.0.73 netmask 255 X3, gateway 10.0.0.1 and DNS 75.75.75.75 and 2 75.75.76.76
Do I need to bring in another Replay because of the fan lock??????????????
post #24 of 64 Old 08-05-2018, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Do I need to bring in another Replay because of the fan lock??????????????
None of those things worked. I brought in another Replay without the fan lock warning and it worked....it even had the old WIRNS settings on it. When I use the OLD router settings of 192.168.1.whatever, it WILL work and I can even see the current content of that Replay BUT using those settings blows the internet....so I powered everything down including the modem and then the PC will NOT keep those settings for the Replay and I have to manually put the 10.0.0.248 settings back.

So, I did a lot of stuff and accomplished absolutely nothing...what the hell am I missing?
post #25 of 64 Old 08-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:

Fan lock can occur in 55xx Replays. I don't have a solution for that. Perhaps someone here will.

It sounds like you have not been able to set a Replay to use manual addressing. I remember more detail now, since I just had to do this.

WiRNS must be working and responding to it's address or else the new settings will NOT be kept.

In "Network and Input Settings", select "Change Network" and "Change from Automatic to Manual".

IP Address: the value you have (10.0.0.73) should be OK. Note that this (and only this) number will be different on each Replay.

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 is what you want (you should already have this).

Gateway: The address of your router (10.0.0.1).

DNS1: Set this to the address of WiRNS (10.0.0.248). Note that WiRNS must be working. Do not use your ISPs settings here.

DNS2: same as above or blank.

Once you have made these settings select "Continue".
At this time, the Replay checks all the addresses. Note if the test fails (for example if WiRNS doesn't respond) the new settings will not be made.

Once the test is complete, select "Keep all settings". Select "exit" to get out of that menu.

Once this is done, it's time to set up WiRNS. Go to "Configure > Replays".

I suggest deleting the Replays from WiRNS before you start, to avoid confusion with the old settings. Use the 'DELETE' buttons.

Look for a button marked "IP address" on the left side. Enter the IP of the replay (10.0.0.73 unless you changed it) in the space to the right of it.

Click "IP address". This should cause information (including Replay name) to be filled in.

See what information needs to be changed. At least, you need to select a lineup (where you see 'Lineup 1'). You may want to select 'Send Guide Data to Poopli'.

Once you've made all the changes, click 'UPDATE' and wait until WiRNS finishes.

Go back to the Replay and select "Connect to ReplayTV Service Now". If you got everything right, it will connect to WiRNS and update. 'setting the clock' shouldn't take long.

It's about the same to setup the other Replays, just use a different IP for each.

If you're using IVS, you'll need to set up port forwarding. That isn't necessary to get the Replays recording.
post #26 of 64 Old 08-05-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
None of those things worked. I brought in another Replay without the fan lock warning and it worked....it even had the old WIRNS settings on it. When I use the OLD router settings of 192.168.1.whatever, it WILL work and I can even see the current content of that Replay BUT using those settings blows the internet....so I powered everything down including the modem and then the PC will NOT keep those settings for the Replay and I have to manually put the 10.0.0.248 settings back.

So, I did a lot of stuff and accomplished absolutely nothing...what the hell am I missing?

The old settings can't access the internet. Your new router is expecting something different. I'd expect it to ignore what, to it, is not a valid address.

Even if the Replay is set up correctly (I just posted some detailed instructions), it will not be able to do anything other than test the connection, unless WiRNS is set up to recognize the Replay at it's new address (I suppose you knew that once, but it's easy to forget things you don't use much. I know since I just did it).

On WiRNS, I suggest you delete the old Replays and add them with the new settings. It's easy to do.
post #27 of 64 Old 08-07-2018, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The old settings can't access the internet. Your new router is expecting something different. I'd expect it to ignore what, to it, is not a valid address.

Even if the Replay is set up correctly (I just posted some detailed instructions), it will not be able to do anything other than test the connection, unless WiRNS is set up to recognize the Replay at it's new address (I suppose you knew that once, but it's easy to forget things you don't use much. I know since I just did it).

On WiRNS, I suggest you delete the old Replays and add them with the new settings. It's easy to do.
Brought in another Replay to replace the "fan lock" one, switched out the hard drive and that it supposed to be SS Bedroom but it will NOT get a DHCP OR use 10.0.0.73 OR 10.0.0.129 which is what I was trying to use. I get the prompt not reachable for 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.248...so right now I have ONE Replay functional in the Office PLUS I have 2 old Rokus running but ONLY using WIRED...will not do wireless even though they should.

[8/7/2018 14:46:31] WiRNS v3.0.6751 build 23663
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] (c) 2004-2015 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180807144631.txt
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] Deleted wirns.log.20180805163045.txt
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180807144631.txt
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] Deleted wirns.debug.log.20180805163045.txt
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] **************************************
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/7/2018 14:46:31] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Local time: 8/7/2018 2:46:19 PM
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Precision: 6.90174634679056E+72 ms
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Poll Interval: 8 s
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Reference ID: stratum-1.sjc02.svwh.net (162.213.2.253)
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Root Dispersion: 44.9371337890625 ms
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Round Trip Delay: 64 ms
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Local Clock Offset: -12585 ms
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] **************************************
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/7/2018 14:46:19] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/7/2018 14:46:20] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/7/2018 14:46:22] Update Time: 2018-08-07 14:46:19
[8/7/2018 14:46:22] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/7/2018 14:46:22] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/7/2018 14:46:22] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 07
[8/7/2018 14:46:25] Validating 3909 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 07
[8/7/2018 14:46:25] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/7/2018 14:46:30] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 08
[8/7/2018 14:46:33] Validating 3853 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 08
[8/7/2018 14:46:39] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 09
[8/7/2018 14:46:55] Validating 3849 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 09
[8/7/2018 14:47:03] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 10
[8/7/2018 14:47:05] Validating 3900 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 10
[8/7/2018 14:47:11] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 11
[8/7/2018 14:47:14] Validating 3895 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 11
[8/7/2018 14:47:18] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 12
[8/7/2018 14:47:21] Validating 3823 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 12
[8/7/2018 14:47:26] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 13
[8/7/2018 14:47:29] Validating 3813 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 13
[8/7/2018 14:47:35] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 14
[8/7/2018 14:47:38] Validating 3859 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/7/2018 14:47:42] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 15
[8/7/2018 14:47:46] Validating 3864 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 15
[8/7/2018 14:47:53] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/7/2018 14:48:00] Validating 3861 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/7/2018 14:48:04] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 17
[8/7/2018 14:48:11] Validating 3890 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 17
[8/7/2018 14:48:18] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 18
[8/7/2018 14:48:20] Validating 3874 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 18
[8/7/2018 14:48:25] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 19
[8/7/2018 14:48:28] Validating 3711 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 19
[8/7/2018 14:48:32] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 20
[8/7/2018 14:48:35] Validating 3777 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 20
[8/7/2018 14:48:41] Vacuuming database
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Processing local shows.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Processing local shows done.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Refreshing Replays.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/7/2018 2:48PM.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Parsing RecordingGuide for: Office
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Parsed 16/16 entries as of 8/7/2018 11:58AM.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Parsing RecordingGuide for: SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] No RecordingGuide available for SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Added 36 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] No ReplayGuide for SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Added 0 Downloaded shows for all
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.0625 clear, 0 downloaded, 0 duplicate).
[8/7/2018 14:48:57] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Scheduling JIT Recordings
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Scheduling JIT Recordings complete
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Added 0 ToDo entries for Office in 0.109375 seconds.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Building ToDo List for: SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] No ToDo entries for SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Determining conflicts...
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Done.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/7/2018 14:48:59] Collecting free memory
[8/7/2018 14:49:00] Configured to update guide at: 8/8/2018 10:40 AM
[8/7/2018 14:49:00] Loading/Refreshing Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/7/2018 14:49:00] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/7/2018 14:49:01] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/7/2018 14:49:02] Loaded/Refreshed Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/7/2018 14:49:02] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/7/2018 14:49:02] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/7/2018 14:49:02] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests
post #28 of 64 Old 08-07-2018, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Another question, please....what is "polling" and why do I not see it listed NOR do I see an option for Net Connect like I used to.

Thanks...at lease I have one working!
post #29 of 64 Old 08-07-2018, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

LATEST...........

..WiRNS Log WiRNS Log Feed.
[8/7/2018 18:45:22] WiRNS v3.0.6751 build 23663
[8/7/2018 18:45:22] (c) 2004-2015 rbolen70, Glenn1963 and hdonzis
[8/7/2018 18:45:22] Portions (c) 2003-2004 kjac
[8/7/2018 18:45:22] C:\WiRNS\wirns.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.log.20180807184522.txt
[8/7/2018 18:45:22] Deleted wirns.log.20180806155740.txt
[8/7/2018 18:45:23] C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log has been backed up to C:\WiRNS\wirns.debug.log.20180807184522.txt
[8/7/2018 18:45:23] Deleted wirns.debug.log.20180806155740.txt
[8/7/2018 18:45:23] **************************************
[8/7/2018 18:45:23] Time Synchronizer (C)2001 Valer BOCAN
[8/7/2018 18:45:23] Simple Network Time Protocol (see RFC 2030)
[8/7/2018 18:45:23] Modified for WiRNS by rbolen70
[8/7/2018 18:45:23] Connecting to: pool.ntp.org
[8/7/2018 18:45:13] Local time: 8/7/2018 6:45:13 PM
[8/7/2018 18:45:13] Precision: 6.90174634679056E+72 ms
[8/7/2018 18:45:13] Poll Interval: 8 s
[8/7/2018 18:45:14] Reference ID: 58.148.140.87 (58.148.140.87)
[8/7/2018 18:45:14] Root Dispersion: 30.6549072265625 ms
[8/7/2018 18:45:14] Round Trip Delay: 33 ms
[8/7/2018 18:45:14] Local Clock Offset: -9358 ms
[8/7/2018 18:45:14] **************************************
[8/7/2018 18:45:14] Checking connection to SchedulesDirect.
[8/7/2018 18:45:14] Backing up database to: C:\WiRNS\wirns.db.bak
[8/7/2018 18:45:16] Purging old guide/lineup information
[8/7/2018 18:45:17] Update Time: 2018-08-07 18:45:14
[8/7/2018 18:45:17] Updating guide information in the database.
[8/7/2018 18:45:17] Updating guide for SchedulesDirect account: shar2649
[8/7/2018 18:45:17] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 07
[8/7/2018 18:45:20] Validating 3909 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 07
[8/7/2018 18:45:20] Found lineup: Comcast Elmhurst/Oak Park (60171) - Digital.
[8/7/2018 18:45:25] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 08
[8/7/2018 18:45:28] Validating 3853 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 08
[8/7/2018 18:45:33] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 09
[8/7/2018 18:45:36] Validating 3849 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 09
[8/7/2018 18:45:41] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 10
[8/7/2018 18:45:44] Validating 3900 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 10
[8/7/2018 18:45:51] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 11
[8/7/2018 18:45:53] Validating 3895 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 11
[8/7/2018 18:46:00] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 12
[8/7/2018 18:46:03] Validating 3823 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 12
[8/7/2018 18:46:08] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 13
[8/7/2018 18:46:11] Validating 3813 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 13
[8/7/2018 18:46:16] Downloading guide information for: Tue Aug 14
[8/7/2018 18:46:25] Validating 3859 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Tue Aug 14
[8/7/2018 18:46:31] Downloading guide information for: Wed Aug 15
[8/7/2018 18:46:34] Validating 3864 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Wed Aug 15
[8/7/2018 18:46:39] Downloading guide information for: Thu Aug 16
[8/7/2018 18:46:50] Validating 3861 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Thu Aug 16
[8/7/2018 18:46:56] Downloading guide information for: Fri Aug 17
[8/7/2018 18:46:59] Validating 3890 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri Aug 17
[8/7/2018 18:47:05] Downloading guide information for: Sat Aug 18
[8/7/2018 18:47:07] Validating 3874 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sat Aug 18
[8/7/2018 18:47:12] Downloading guide information for: Sun Aug 19
[8/7/2018 18:47:15] Validating 3711 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Sun Aug 19
[8/7/2018 18:47:20] Downloading guide information for: Mon Aug 20
[8/7/2018 18:47:23] Validating 3777 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Mon Aug 20
[8/7/2018 18:47:28] Vacuuming database
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Parsing PPV Configurations.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Stopping ToDo Timer
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Processing ReplayGuide Information.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Processing local shows.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Processing local shows done.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Refreshing Replays.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: user-8cc047851d(10.0.0.248)
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/7/2018 6:47PM.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Parsing RecordingGuide for: Office
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Parsed 16/16 entries as of 8/7/2018 11:58AM.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Parsing RecordingGuide for: SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] No RecordingGuide available for SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for user-8cc047851d
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Added 36 ReplayGuide shows for Office
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] No ReplayGuide for SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Added 0 Downloaded shows for all
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0625 seconds (0.0625 clear, 0 downloaded, 0 duplicate).
[8/7/2018 18:47:42] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/7/2018 18:47:43] ReplayGuide data for Office successfully uploaded to Poopli.
[8/7/2018 18:47:44] Unable to read shows for SS Bedroom...
[8/7/2018 18:47:44] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/7/2018 18:47:44] Scheduling JIT Recordings
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Scheduling JIT Recordings complete
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Checking Manual Recordings.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Checking One-Time Recordings.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Processing ToDo Information.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Building ToDo List for: Office
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Added 0 ToDo entries for Office in 0.109375 seconds.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Building ToDo List for: SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] No ToDo entries for SS Bedroom
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Determining conflicts...
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Completed conflict determination in 0 seconds.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Done.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Configured to refresh ToDo and Replay Guide every 240 minutes.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Collecting free memory
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Configured to update guide at: 8/8/2018 10:40 AM
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Loading/Refreshing Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/7/2018 18:47:45] Loading ReplayZone genre data.
[8/7/2018 18:47:46] Loading Production Crew data.
[8/7/2018 18:47:47] Loaded/Refreshed Plugin Channel Guide Provider.
[8/7/2018 18:47:48] SchedulesDirect Messages:
[8/7/2018 18:47:48] SchedulesDirect Messages: Your subscription will expire: 2019-07-29T18:43:15Z
[8/7/2018 18:47:48] Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests

WiRNS Debug Log
[8/7/2018 18:47:44] UploadToPoopli error: System.Exception: Error reading C:\WiRNS\RTV5516J3MA0244587\guide.xml! ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\WiRNS\RTV5516J3MA0244587\guide.xml'.
File name: 'C:\WiRNS\RTV5516J3MA0244587\guide.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WiRNS.Poopli.ReadFile(String filename, Boolean ivsBase, Boolean enabled, String& notice) in d:\Development\WiRNS3\WiRNS\Pooper.cs:line 179
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at WiRNS.Poopli.ReadFile(String filename, Boolean ivsBase, Boolean enabled, String& notice) in d:\Development\WiRNS3\WiRNS\Pooper.cs:line 185
at WiRNS.Poopli.UploadToPoopli(String serialNumber, String replay, Boolean ivsBase, Boolean enabled) in d:\Development\WiRNS3\WiRNS\Pooper.cs:line 55

.Sharon...
post #30 of 64 Old 08-07-2018, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and one more question....on this Comcast X1 system what do you attach the IR blaster to?????????????

Sharon2649
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page