Transferring shows between replays - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-03-2018, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Transferring shows between replays

Hey guys and gals,
I'm trying to transfer a show from one replay to another. They are both on my network. I sent the show and it shows up on the other replay. I accept the show and after a while I get the message "unable to find show on remote replaytv, probably deleted by remote sender" know that's not true because it's on my replaytv.
Anyone have an idea why I'm getting this message.
thanks in advance.
Riley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-03-2018, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileySmith View Post
Hey guys and gals,
I'm trying to transfer a show from one replay to another. They are both on my network. I sent the show and it shows up on the other replay. I accept the show and after a while I get the message "unable to find show on remote replaytv, probably deleted by remote sender" know that's not true because it's on my replaytv.
Anyone have an idea why I'm getting this message.
thanks in advance.
Riley

I have done local IVS transfers and didn't encounter that problem. This may be a symptom of the "DHCP bug", where the IP address of a Replay can change during a transfer.

Setting the Replay to use a static address DOES NOT fix the problem, since a Replay will request a dynamic address anyway.

The best solution seems to be to set up "static DCHP" (sometimes called something else, like "address reservation") on your router. Set that so the router always gives out one particular address to that device (Replay). If you use static on the Replay, use the same IP for both of these.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-05-2018, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the reply, one thing or two things I noticed was generally when I receive a show there is a star that shows up in the received box this is not happening when I send the show to the other replay, the show shows up in the received folder and I can accept it and it says its transferring and after a few seconds I get the message. the other thing that happens, whether it's a factor or not I don't know, sometimes when I try to see the recorded shows on the "remote" replay from my "main" replay it is blank until I reboot the "remote" replay. but after I reboot and can see the recorded shows guide on the "remote" replay the transfer still fails.
thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-05-2018, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Cool

*update*
appears the problem was that the inbound port # was set to the same number. we'll see if it works, at least I get a star when I send the show and so far no errors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Tags
transfering , unable to find show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page