My Berkline couch simply stopped working, and I determined it was the control box. I could not find any CIAR replacement (single or double), and any compatible JLDP that I found was either unavailable or out of stock. Mine is old enough it uses 2-pin motor connectors and RJ11 style switch connectors at the control box instead of at the motor.
So using the link suggested above I ordered a new transformer, installed it, and it immediately melted down as well. Each motor worked when connected directly to a battery, so I figured the board must be the problem, and I was back to not being able to find any compatible control box.
I considered replacing the entire kit: actuators, control box, and switches, but also couldn't find any actuators with the 470mm stroke of the ciar LM55 - not to mention it seemed silly (and expensive) to replace motors that weren't broken. So I decided to build my own control box.
The motors were rated at 24V, 5A. So I found a 24V 5A DC power supply that looked something like a laptop cord. And a 24V relay module with 4 relays like the old board. With just a little research on youtube for "How To Control Linear Actuators with DC Relays" I was able to create a new control board without even heating up a soldering iron.
I attached a picture of it, with everything connected but the switches. I attached the switch wires to a couple phone jacks I had lying around, checking continuity to determine which ports to use.
I also used two simple connection blocks, and a plastic project box to put it all inside. All told, even including the wasted transformer, the fix was under $65. Now my wife will have to put up with this couch for a few more years!
AVS won't let me post links, so here's a list of what I used - everything can be found on amazon.
-- ALITOVE AC 100-240V to DC 24V 5A Power Supply Adapter Converter ($20)
-- HiLetgo 4 Channel 24V Relay Module ($7)
-- MILAPEAK 5 Positions Dual Row 600V 15A Screw Terminal Strip Blocks with Cover ($12)
-- Project Box, Zulkit Junction box ($10)