Help needed for Raspberry Pi/Python project - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-20-2017, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Help needed for Raspberry Pi/Python project

Hi All,
I have a broken SCD (Star Ceiling Design) controller board from ~2009 that used to control my star ceiling. It was a DIY small business and the guy that sold and supported it has left the building. I currently have non functional fiberoptic star ceiling in my theater because I dont have the expertise to rebuild the control board, so I'm hoping someone would be willing to take on such a project (Im glad to pay) so I can get my controller up and running again. I can give more details if/when the time comes, but I will enclose the original documentation below. I only need the ethernet daisy chain attachments and the IR eye, and P1 (to attach to first Star ceiling panel, and P4 to close the loop. No shooting stars or spotlights etc.

I do have the proploader software and the firmware available...
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wire scetch.pdf (43.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf SCD Install V2.pdf (134.6 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-17-2017, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What happened to the original control board? Depending on the issue, it might be easier to fix that than to build a totally new controller.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-14-2019, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky514 View Post
What happened to the original control board? Depending on the issue, it might be easier to fix that than to build a totally new controller.
I somehow missed this reply and my star ceiling is still non functioning after 2 years! I have the original control board, but dont really know what is wrong or what to do with it. For now, my workaround is to use an Alexa-enabled power switch to toggle power on/off the the star ceiling. By doing so, probably because of random good luck, the star ceiling turns on the white when power is established (this is distinct from when I was able to use the control board to turn star ceiling on/off, where power wasn't interrupted and it would go into standby mode).

So, for now, I turn on (white) star ceiling via Alexa, and off the same way, but cant change colors....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-14-2019, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Are the lights RGB LEDs? If so, can't you just use a standard RGB LED controller? ZWave, Zigbee, DMX etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page