Monster Power HTS5100 & HTS3500 Problems HELP! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Monster Power HTS5100 & HTS3500 Problems HELP!

Hi Guys.

I don't know if this is the correct place to post on power conditioners. I browsed all the categories and none of them really fit. Here is my problem. I have two Monster Power power conditioners. I have a HTS5100 and HTS3500. I look at them by default every night and everything has been fine. Tonight I noticed a couple lights out on the HTS3500. The Ground OK and the Wiring OK lights were off. Then I noticed on my HTS5100, that the Ground OK and Wiring OK lights were out as well. These two power conditioners are plugged into the same outlet. On the HTS5100, the Ground OK and Wiring OK lights will come on depending on what you turn off and on, but seem to have no real reason behind it. For example, I turn off my receiver and the Wiring OK or Ground OK or Both may come back on, but not all the time.

Next, about a week ago while watching TV with the stereo on, we experienced multiple glitches of the power going off and back on. Since then, the VOLTAGE doesn't seem to be as high as it used to be. For example, on the HTS5100, the digital voltage displayed right now is 111.6 volts and 2.3amps. I have seen the amps go down to 0.5amps. The voltage seems to be from 111-116 volts. It used to be 116-123.

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. I have only lived in this house for 1 1/2 years and have had little power glitches. My circuit breaker box is a PUSHMATIC box if that tells anyone anything. I installed a kitchen light fixture and it has flickered since day one. Finally on New Year's Eve, the fixture refused to light up except VERY dimly. One of the light switches on it is a dimmer switch and it didn't have dimmer bulbs. I have a new fixture and new switches to install. I've had other rooms in the house that have had flickering LED non-dimmable bulbs and yet they flicker until prematurely going out.

I have only been home less than two weeks from a major emergency surgery and I can't really bend over or stretch up to install lights or mess with wires for too long, but I can do a little at a time. So, what would "normal" voltage be? As I'm typing this, the 111.6 is now at 117.9 and the GROUND OK is on SOLID and the WIRING OK is blinking on and off. But it changes minute to minute. But on the HTS3500 unit, the Ground OK or Wiring OK lights never come on at all, and they used to be on all the time. So, I really need help with this issue. Should I start off with a new outlet? Is there a special outlet that can handle more power that I should purchase? What voltage should I really have? Any reasons why any of you can think of that I don't have the Ground OK or Wiring OK lights on?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page