Russound CAV6.6 system not powering on? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2020, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Russound CAV6.6 system not powering on?

I have an old Russound CAV6.6 system and the receiver unit is not powering on. I emailed Russound and they stated that it's probably the power supply unit. As these are old, they PS unit is past it's useful life. I actually purchased a used one off ebay and the same thing happened, no power, no red lights on the receiver and no music.

Is this common? Can I replace the PS unit myself? HELP!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-29-2020, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 115
If you were experienced with electrical component diagnosis and repair, then sure you could fix it yourself. But it doesn't seem from your post that you have any experience in this area so no.
Did you buy the eBay one in as is condition?
Are you sure that you are connecting the unit(s) up correctly?

Sounds like you should be buying a new / guarantied working replacement instead. MCA-88 or similar. You will have to buy all Russound from a dealer as they require activation before they work. ie: no eBay stuff.

Part of the gamble buying used.

Looks like they are selling for $250 "working" on eBay now-a-days. Sounds like yours is not worth much as is. Maybe $50 plus $30 shipping.

Last edited by smoothtlk; 04-29-2020 at 07:04 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2020, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtlk View Post
If you were experienced with electrical component diagnosis and repair, then sure you could fix it yourself. But it doesn't seem from your post that you have any experience in this area so no.
Did you buy the eBay one in as is condition?
Are you sure that you are connecting the unit(s) up correctly?

Sounds like you should be buying a new / guarantied working replacement instead. MCA-88 or similar. You will have to buy all Russound from a dealer as they require activation before they work. ie: no eBay stuff.
thanks for your feedback! Yes, no electrical experience here.
The unit I purchased on ebay was as is and it did work for about 3 months with very lite use. Then one day I went to turn it on, the red front indicators did not light up, keypads stopped working and music did not play.

Unfortunately they don't make/sell "NEW" units anymore as this model has been discontinued. So my only bet is used market or replace the unit with 1x CAA66 and 2x A-H2 ABus hubs. (a little over $1,000 up grade).

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Tags
russound cav6.6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page