4D Theater Wind Effect - DIY Home Theater Project - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 155Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 241 Old 06-14-2020, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
HTFanControl Beta 7

https://nicko88.com/misc/HTFan/HTFanControl_Beta7.zip

Just a small update. Didn't really have time to work on much this weekend.

I want to try to set up a RasPi build soon so that's probably what I will work on next.

Notes:
  • Added a Disable/Enable button so you can easily disable and enable the fan control itself.
  • Disable will turn the fans off, and prevent any commands from being sent to them. (The program will continue to function as if it's still running normally)
  • Enable will put the fans immediately back into the mode they should be in at the current moment in the movie.

  • Added a timestamp to the last error, so you can see when the error actually happened and whether it's still happening.
  • Also added a clear button next to the last error, so you can clear the error text so you can more easily see if another error is happening again.
SOWK and feistyacorn like this.
SirMaster is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 241 Old 06-15-2020, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
https://nicko88.com/misc/HTFan/HTFanControl_Beta7.zip



Just a small update. Didn't really have time to work on much this weekend.



I want to try to set up a RasPi build soon so that's probably what I will work on next.



Notes:
  • Added a Disable/Enable button so you can easily disable and enable the fan control itself.
  • Disable will turn the fans off, and prevent any commands from being sent to them. (The program will continue to function as if it's still running normally)
  • Enable will put the fans immediately back into the mode they should be in at the current moment in the movie.




  • Added a timestamp to the last error, so you can see when the error actually happened and whether it's still happening.
  • Also added a clear button next to the last error, so you can clear the error text so you can more easily see if another error is happening again.


Thanks! Would there be a way you could add a “test on and test off” button for the fans to the interface. Just a quick way to manually make sure the fan control app is connected to LIRC and that all is working well without having to turn a movie on or physically run back and forth between where my computer is set up and theater room. Thanks again!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enovison is offline  
post #63 of 241 Old 06-15-2020, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
Thanks! Would there be a way you could add a “test on and test off” button for the fans to the interface. Just a quick way to manually make sure the fan control app is connected to LIRC and that all is working well without having to turn a movie on or physically run back and forth between where my computer is set up and theater room. Thanks again!
OK, i'll put some test page in the settings menu.
SOWK and enovison like this.
SirMaster is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 241 Old 06-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Member
 
kdawg2391044's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
OK, i'll put some test page in the settings menu.
Beta7 is crashing for me with the same index out of bounds error that I had with Beta 4. I haven't had a chance to test any of the other functions yet. Does the app output a log file somewhere besides in Event Viewer because I dont see anything in the app folder? It seems like the way to recreate the crash is to do this:
  1. Launch controller app
  2. Go to Wind Tracks
  3. Go to Download
  4. Click on "Fast & Furious Presents Hobbs and Shaw (2019)"
  5. App immediately crashes and shows the same error that I sent you in Event Viewer
  6. I can recreate this crash immediately if I restart the app and then refresh the webpage which is now at the URL http://IP:5500/download. If I remove the download in the URL (http://ip:5500) and go to the root of the webpage, then it seems to work fine until I go back to that specific Wind Track file under Download. I am able to download other tracks, just not the Fast & Furious one...

Current Setup: 5.2.2 ATMOS setup using Polk RTI12s for LR, CSI-A6 Center, 2x RTI-A3 Surrounds, 2x Jamo SUR speakers for ATMOS, Dual SVS SB12-NSD, Denon X2200W, miniDSP 2x4HD, BenQ HT1075, 130" screen, Nvidia Shield (2017), DIY acoustic panels. Things to upgrade: AVR to Denon X4500H or X3600H, Monolith/Emotiva/Outlaw Audio 5 or 7 channel amp, BOSS riser +iNuke, upgrade to 5.2.4 or 7.2.4 ATMOS, Dual DIY subwoofers
kdawg2391044 is offline  
post #65 of 241 Old 06-15-2020, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg2391044 View Post
Beta7 is crashing for me with the same index out of bounds error that I had with Beta 4. I haven't had a chance to test any of the other functions yet. Does the app output a log file somewhere besides in Event Viewer because I dont see anything in the app folder? It seems like the way to recreate the crash is to do this:
  1. Launch controller app
  2. Go to Wind Tracks
  3. Go to Download
  4. Click on "Fast & Furious Presents Hobbs and Shaw (2019)"
  5. App immediately crashes and shows the same error that I sent you in Event Viewer
  6. I can recreate this crash immediately if I restart the app and then refresh the webpage which is now at the URL http://IP:5500/download. If I remove the download in the URL (http://ip:5500) and go to the root of the webpage, then it seems to work fine until I go back to that specific Wind Track file under Download. I am able to download other tracks, just not the Fast & Furious one...
I don't think this is related to what you were getting in Beta 4 exactly, especially since you say it's only with a specific wind track file.

I will see if I can recreate this crash on my system like you say. If I can then it will be simple to fix.

I thought that it should be outputting the crash log to the app folder, but I guess for some reason it's not. I'll try and see why that is too.
SirMaster is online now  
post #66 of 241 Old 06-15-2020, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
HTFanControl Beta 8

https://nicko88.com/misc/HTFan/HTFanControl_Beta8.zip

Notes:
  • Fixed crash when there is a "&" in a wind track name on pastebin.
  • Fixed crash logs now output to a text file in the app folder. (please send me any crash logs you get)

  • Added fan test buttons to a tab in settings menu.
  • Added version number to settings page.
SOWK and brazen1 like this.
SirMaster is online now  
post #67 of 241 Old 06-19-2020, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter
Home Theater Enthusiast
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 5,751
Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1742 Post(s)
Liked: 1351
Added: Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983).txt (3.1 KB, 3 views)
brazen1 likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet
SOWK Home Theater
SOWK is offline  
post #68 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 03:20 AM
Newbie
 
CineSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
4D Theater Wind Effect - SirMaster & SOWK Edition


Required Components:

Source Device - HTPC or any devices that can run KODI *HTFanControl software will currently require a PC with Microsoft Windows OS, Raspberry Pi support coming soon.

Media Player - MPC-BE / MPC-HC / KODI

Additional Hardware: IguanaWorks USB Dual Socket IR Transceiver (PURCHASE) & IguanaWorks Homebuilt Wired IR Emitter (PURCHASE)

Additional Software: winLIRC *No need to download*

Additional Software: Fan Configuration file with preconfigured winLIRC (DOWNLOAD: WinLIRC & Fan Configuration File)

Additional Software: Wind track files (User Created) - (DOWNLOAD: Wind Tracks)

Additional Software: SirMaster's Wind Track Creator - (DOWNLOAD: Wind Track Creator)

Additional Software: SirMaster's HTFanControl (DOWNLOAD: HTFanControl)

Fans - Seville Classics Black UltraSlimline 40" Oscillating Tower Fan (PURCHASE: Model #: EHF10127B)

Optional Hardware: IguanaWorks Stereo to Mono Splitter (PURCHASE) & Additional IguanaWorks Wired IR Emitter (PURCHASE)
(This is only needed if you feel one emitter location is not enough to reach your fans with perfect 100% consistency.)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


How It Works:

1. Users will create a Wind Track .txt file with the same name of the source file they will be playing. The file will need time stamps and IR commands they want to send (OFF, ECO, LOW, MED, HIGH)

Example file name:

Ford v Ferrari (2019).txt

Example data inside Ford v Ferrari (2019).txt

# Ford v Ferrari (2019)
# 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (02:32:35)
# Coded by: SOWK

00:01:08.734,HIGH
00:01:26.029,OFF
00:02:11.714,LOW
00:02:13.924,MED
00:02:16.720,HIGH
00:02:50.043,OFF
00:04:01.866,LOW
00:04:05.245,MED
00:04:11.710,HIGH
00:04:42.949,OFF


2. HTPC runs the source file through MPC-BE / MPC-HC / KODI (Using the example above it would be Ford v Ferrari (2019).mkv)

3. @SirMaster 's HTFanControl program then does the following:
It communicates with MPC-BE/MPC-HC/KODI to get the current time stamp of the active source file playing
It accesses the user created .TXT file with time stamps and IR commands
It sends the IR commands to winLIRC at the specified time stamps in the user created file.
(The HTFanControl program also has a user editable start up fan negative delay and general negative delay. Example: If you want the fans to turn on at time stamp 00:10:00 and the fans take 3 secs for the wind to hit you the program will start the fans up at 00:09:57)

4. When winLIRC receives the IR command from HTFanControl it sends that command to the USB IR Transceiver

5. The USB IR Transceiver then sends the IR command to the Seville Classics Black UltraSlimline 40" Oscillating Tower Fan (Model #: EHF10127B)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Links:
HTPC Setup
Raspberry Pi Setup
Offset Calibration
Wind Track Creator
Supported Movies
Tower Fan - Beep Removal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! This is very cool!! i like to Setup this in my HomeCinema, but i cant find the Fan Here in Germany: „Seville Classics Black UltraSlimline 40" Oscillating Tower Fan „ can i use also a different Fan? 🙂 thanks! Matthias
CineSnack is offline  
post #69 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,748
Mentioned: 659 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked: 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSnack View Post
Hi! This is very cool!! i like to Setup this in my HomeCinema, but i cant find the Fan Here in Germany: „Seville Classics Black UltraSlimline 40" Oscillating Tower Fan „ can i use also a different Fan? 🙂 thanks! Matthias

You should be able to use any IR controller fan with low medium and high settings.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
208, 1" tweeters | 52, 5" woofers | 8, 18" subwoofers
Archaea is offline  
post #70 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
You can use any fan with any number of speeds really.

Ideally it will have 4 speeds in addition to off, but even if it only had 1 speed it would still be usable.

The wind tracks are normally designed for 4 speeds, but you can easily decide how to map the 4 speeds into the speeds that your fan has.

If you only had 1 speed then all the speeds could just merge into 1.

If you had 10 speeds you would just decide which 4 of the 10 you would map to the 4 speeds.

The important thing is that the fan has unique IR commands for each speed. What won’t work is a fan that has multiple speeds but only has a speed toggle button that cycles through the speeds.

Unfortunately it’s not really possible to know this before you buy and try the fan. Even if the remote only has 1 fan speed toggle button it doesn’t mean the fan doesn’t have individual IR commands for each speed.

The fan recommended for this project actually only has 1 speed button on the remote, but it still has individual IR codes for each fan.

Hopefully this is a common design aspect of various fans.
feistyacorn likes this.
SirMaster is online now  
post #71 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 10:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
You can use any fan with any number of speeds really.

Ideally it will have 4 speeds in addition to off, but even if it only had 1 speed it would still be usable.

The wind tracks are normally designed for 4 speeds, but you can easily decide how to map the 4 speeds into the speeds that your fan has.

If you only had 1 speed then all the speeds could just merge into 1.

If you had 10 speeds you would just decide which 4 of the 10 you would map to the 4 speeds.

The important thing is that the fan has unique IR commands for each speed. What won’t work is a fan that has multiple speeds but only has a speed toggle button that cycles through the speeds.

Unfortunately it’s not really possible to know this before you buy and try the fan. Even if the remote only has 1 fan speed toggle button it doesn’t mean the fan doesn’t have individual IR commands for each speed.

The fan recommended for this project actually only has 1 speed button on the remote, but it still has individual IR codes for each fan.

Hopefully this is a common design aspect of various fans.


I was actually wondering how you guys figured out the individual IR commands since the remote is a toggle!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enovison is offline  
post #72 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
4D Theater Wind Effect - DIY Home Theater Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
I was actually wondering how you guys figured out the individual IR commands since the remote is a toggle!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The speed toggle button on the remote actually sends individual speed commands in a cycle.

So if the fan is OFF and you cover the remote IR and press the button, then uncover it and press the button again, the fan will go straight to LOW and skip ECO because the remote is actually sending specific speed IR commands in a cycle.

So when profiling the remote we just keep pressing the toggle button and it kept recording different IR codes. Then when we made it through the cycle we saw we had all 4 commands and tested each to see which speed they triggered.

Hopefully most fans do this.
enovison likes this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 06-21-2020 at 11:15 AM.
SirMaster is online now  
post #73 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 12:17 PM
Newbie
 
CineSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
I was actually wondering how you guys figured out the individual IR commands since the remote is a toggle!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The speed toggle button on the remote actually sends individual speed commands in a cycle.

So if the fan is OFF and you cover the remote IR and press the button, then uncover it and press the button again, the fan will go straight to LOW and skip ECO because the remote is actually sending specific speed IR commands in a cycle.

So when profiling the remote we just keep pressing the toggle button and it kept recording different IR codes. Then when we made it through the cycle we saw we had all 4 commands and tested each to see which speed they triggered.

Hopefully most fans do this.

Hi!

Thank you all for the Feedback! I will try this with a different Fan and Hope it works:-) the seville Fan is sold Out everywhere...

i think the project is really potential and very interesting. do you know what would be really cool? if you could control the dyson hot and cool fan. So you would also have warm air which you could simulate! fantastic!
CineSnack is offline  
post #74 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSnack View Post
Hi!

Thank you all for the Feedback! I will try this with a different Fan and Hope it works:-) the seville Fan is sold Out everywhere...

i think the project is really potential and very interesting. do you know what would be really cool? if you could control the dyson hot and cool fan. So you would also have warm air which you could simulate! fantastic!

Yeah if you are willing to test another fan, it helps others get more fan choices.

I can help you if you need help recording the IR codes from your new fan.

Hopefully you can acquire an iguana IR in Germany as it’s really the best IR transmitter that is easy to use on Windows and ras pi.
feistyacorn likes this.
SirMaster is online now  
post #75 of 241 Old 06-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Newbie
 
CineSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSnack View Post
Hi!

Thank you all for the Feedback! I will try this with a different Fan and Hope it works:-) the seville Fan is sold Out everywhere...

i think the project is really potential and very interesting. do you know what would be really cool? if you could control the dyson hot and cool fan. So you would also have warm air which you could simulate! fantastic!

Yeah if you are willing to test another fan, it helps others get more fan choices.

I can help you if you need help recording the IR codes from your new fan.

Hopefully you can acquire an iguana IR in Germany as it’️s really the best IR transmitter that is easy to use on Windows and ras pi.
Thanks ! 🙂 I think I will come back to your offer as soon as I have selected a fan. maybe I'll actually try the dyson! Many greetings and many thanks in advance!
CineSnack is offline  
post #76 of 241 Old 06-23-2020, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
HTFanControl Beta 9

https://nicko88.com/misc/HTFan/HTFanControl_Beta9.zip

Notes:
  • Added Plex support.

You should now be able to sync HTFanControl to the playback of your movies through any player device that supports the Plex app.


Next I will work on putting together a pre-configured RasPi SD card image so the HTFanControl and IR can run entirely from a RasPi.

After that I will start taking a stab at syncing the movie playback by using a microphone you can place in your theater connected to the PC or RasPi running HTFanControl. If I can get that to work it will allow people to use any movie source such as disc players and streaming services.
SirMaster is online now  
post #77 of 241 Old 06-25-2020, 05:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
https://nicko88.com/misc/HTFan/HTFanControl_Beta9.zip



Notes:
  • Added Plex support.



You should now be able to sync HTFanControl to the playback of your movies through any player device that supports the Plex app.





Next I will work on putting together a pre-configured RasPi SD card image so the HTFanControl and IR can run entirely from a RasPi.



After that I will start taking a stab at syncing the movie playback by using a microphone you can place in your theater connected to the PC or RasPi running HTFanControl. If I can get that to work it will allow people to use any movie source such as disc players and streaming services.


Is there any way to get the fan program and winLIRC to start automatically when windows reboots? Sometimes my computer reboots and it would be nice for everything to always just work - thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enovison is offline  
post #78 of 241 Old 06-25-2020, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
Is there any way to get the fan program and winLIRC to start automatically when windows reboots? Sometimes my computer reboots and it would be nice for everything to always just work - thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well WinLIRC has an option to start with Windows, so you could enable that. I wasn't planning on interacting with WinLIRC in any way like this since it already has the option to do so built in.

HTFanControl will have this option eventually. It was always on the list of features, I just didn't get around to it yet as there were more important things to do.

There's nothing stopping you right now from creating a shortcut to HTFanControl in your Windows startup folder though. You can do this by opening the "run" dialog (Win+r) and entering in "Shell:startup" and then creating a shortcut to a program inside the folder that pops up.
SirMaster is online now  
post #79 of 241 Old 06-25-2020, 05:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Well WinLIRC has an option to start with Windows, so you could enable that. I wasn't planning on interacting with WinLIRC in any way like this since it already has the option to do so built in.



HTFanControl will have this option eventually. It was always on the list of features, I just didn't get around to it yet as there were more important things to do.



There's nothing stopping you right now from creating a shortcut to HTFanControl in your Windows startup folder though. You can do this by opening the "run" dialog (Win+r) and entering in "Shell:startup" and then creating a shortcut to a program inside the folder that pops up.


I did that and on first restart it works perfectly- but then it automatically added wind tracks and settings file in there as well and everything opens together on restart after that first time.

I will def do that on WinLIRC- that’s easy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enovison is offline  
post #80 of 241 Old 06-25-2020, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
I did that and on first restart it works perfectly- but then it automatically added wind tracks and settings file in there as well and everything opens together on restart after that first time.

I will def do that on WinLIRC- that’s easy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you sure that you created a shortcut in the startup folder, or did you move the whole program .exe in there?

I have not tested auto startup functionality at all yet but I feel like it should have worked with a shortcut in the startup folder.
SirMaster is online now  
post #81 of 241 Old 06-25-2020, 06:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Are you sure that you created a shortcut in the startup folder, or did you move the whole program .exe in there?



I have not tested auto startup functionality at all yet but I feel like it should have worked with a shortcut in the startup folder.


You’re right I put in the exe

I’ll try and report back


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enovison is offline  
post #82 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
Home Theater Enthusiast
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 5,751
Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1742 Post(s)
Liked: 1351
Added: Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980).txt (3.4 KB, 2 views)
brazen1 likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet
SOWK Home Theater
SOWK is offline  
post #83 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brazen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Please, can someone help me!

Something is not right here in my setup?
When I run beta 9 or beta 8 HTFanControl.exe, I get a window with an http: // xx.xx.xx.x:xxx and that's all the window shows. There's no menu or settings or anything else? I do get a HTFanControlSettings.txt that is automatically created with values filled in though. Am I simply confused and all is well or is HTFanControl.exe supposed to bring up something I'm supposed to work with?

I should also point out, when I installed the iguana driver, it installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\IguanaIR as it should. But, it also installed, I think it was, a MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (not certain exactly that?) Problem is, it installed itself and all its loose files inside the root of one of my 8 data HDD's and not the C:. One of those loose files was an install.exe and I ran it which offered an uninstall so I uninstalled it. Next I uninstalled the iguana driver. Then I disconnected all my extra data HDD's leaving just the C: and ran the iguana driver install.exe again so whatever it installs all went to C:. I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling screwed anything up but just mentioning in case someone else notices the same or indeed has a role in things not working for me.

So far, I can send commands with the WinLIRC program to the fan and that works ok. The fan responds perfectly to all the IR commands. I have Crawl 2019 windtrack inside the windtracks folder that was created but nothing happens when I FF to the timestamp the fan should be engaging. The windtrack file I downloaded is named 'crawl_(2019).txt'. I changed the name of that file to match my own 'Crawl.2019.1080p.BluRay.txt'. That didn't work. Next I edited the title in the file from 'Crawl (2019)' to match my file 'Crawl.2019.1080p.BluRay'. That didn't work either so currently I changed everything back how it was.

The Iguana transmitter does not emit unless I use an IR emitter. I have it plugged into the top port (1 & 2). When I go into WinLIRC plugin setup, channel 1 has been automatically ticked with Device ID 0 fwiw. I noticed another user got WinLIRC to work with the fan but not windtracks just like me and this was suggested to check out.

I've been screwing around with this trying Kodi internal VideoPlayer, MPC-BE, and MPC-HC all configured as shown on page 1.

I've been so eager to get this going and contribute windfiles but I can't even get the basics to cooperate because I'm naïve.

I'm guessing it has to be the HTFanControl.exe is not working on my system for some odd reason? W10 v.1909 x64. Please help asap! Thanks.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3,5&6 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
Samsung 82" Q90R / Denon S720W
brazen1 is offline  
post #84 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
Please, can someone help me!



Something is not right here in my setup?

When I run beta 9 or beta 8 HTFanControl.exe, I get a window with an http: // xx.xx.xx.x:xxx and that's all the window shows. There's no menu or settings or anything else? I do get a HTFanControlSettings.txt that is automatically created with values filled in though. Am I simply confused and all is well or is HTFanControl.exe supposed to bring up something I'm supposed to work with?



I should also point out, when I installed the iguana driver, it installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\IguanaIR as it should. But, it also installed, I think it was, a MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (not certain exactly that?) Problem is, it installed itself and all its loose files inside the root of one of my 8 data HDD's and not the C:. One of those loose files was an install.exe and I ran it which offered an uninstall so I uninstalled it. Next I uninstalled the iguana driver. Then I disconnected all my extra data HDD's leaving just the C: and ran the iguana driver install.exe again so whatever it installs all went to C:. I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling screwed anything up but just mentioning in case someone else notices the same or indeed has a role in things not working for me.



So far, I can send commands with the WinLIRC program to the fan and that works ok. The fan responds perfectly to all the IR commands. I have Crawl 2019 windtrack inside the windtracks folder that was created but nothing happens when I FF to the timestamp the fan should be engaging. The windtrack file I downloaded is named 'crawl_(2019).txt'. I changed the name of that file to match my own 'Crawl.2019.1080p.BluRay.txt'. That didn't work. Next I edited the title in the file from 'Crawl (2019)' to match my file 'Crawl.2019.1080p.BluRay'. That didn't work either so currently I changed everything back how it was.



The Iguana transmitter does not emit unless I use an IR emitter. I have it plugged into the top port (1 & 2). When I go into WinLIRC plugin setup, channel 1 has been automatically ticked with Device ID 0 fwiw. I noticed another user got WinLIRC to work with the fan but not windtracks just like me and this was suggested to check out.



I've been screwing around with this trying Kodi internal VideoPlayer, MPC-BE, and MPC-HC all configured as shown on page 1.



I've been so eager to get this going and contribute windfiles but I can't even get the basics to cooperate because I'm naïve.



I'm guessing it has to be the HTFanControl.exe is not working on my system for some odd reason? W10 v.1909 x64. Please help asap! Thanks.

@SirMaster and @SOWK are much better equipped to help with all of your needs- but I’ll start the convo by saying to bring up the web UI by opening a web browser (computer or phone in same WiFi connection) and going to http://localhost:5500

That will get you to all of the settings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brazen1 likes this.
enovison is offline  
post #85 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brazen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
@SirMaster and @SOWK are much better equipped to help with all of your needs- but I’ll start the convo by saying to bring up the web UI by opening a web browser (computer or phone in same WiFi connection) and going to http://localhost:5500

That will get you to all of the settings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried from the same HTPC this is installed on and from my phone - This site can't be reached.

**EDIT**

OK, got it. Have to run HTFanControl_Beta9.exe and then connect. Told ya'. I'm naïve. This settings page looks like a start. Thank you for the tip.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3,5&6 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
Samsung 82" Q90R / Denon S720W

Last edited by brazen1; 06-27-2020 at 04:23 PM.
brazen1 is offline  
post #86 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 04:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
I tried from the same HTPC this is installed on and from my phone - This site can't be reached.



**EDIT**



OK, got it. Have to run HTFanControl_Beta9.exe and then connect. Told ya'. I'm naïve. This settings page looks like a start. Thank you for the tip.


See if you can control the fan through the “fan test” in settings via web. That should tell you if things are talking to each other.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brazen1 likes this.
enovison is offline  
post #87 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brazen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Yes, all of that is fine. I think I know the problem and sure hope I'm wrong...

All of my titles are ISO's. ISO's play from the index.bdmv file after the iso is mounted. The index.bdmv does not match Crawl.2019.1080p.BluRay windtrack. I cannot name all my individual windtracks index.bdmv unless the program allowed me to put windtrack files inside folders that could be unique.

PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG!!!

**EDIT**

Well, I can confirm if I name the windtrack .txt file 'index', all the IR speeds and timestamps are sent to the fan and all is well.
I don't mind renaming all windtrack files to 'index' but they can't all be named 'index' unless they were in individual folders.
Then, instead of looking at multiple 'file' names inside one folder called 'windtracks' the program could look at 'folder' names and link the file inside the folder.
Could that be considered if it's even possible? There has to be a way...

Kodi doesn't work at all. HTFanControl says it can't find MPC although Kodi VideoPlayer is in use with 'allow remote control via HTTP' enabled and 'allow app control on this system. The port is 8080. Does that need to change?

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3,5&6 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
Samsung 82" Q90R / Denon S720W

Last edited by brazen1; 06-27-2020 at 05:27 PM.
brazen1 is offline  
post #88 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
I can probably do something, but you will have to manually select each movie track from the web interface as you switch movies since the player isn’t telling me what movie it is.
brazen1 likes this.
SirMaster is online now  
post #89 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brazen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked: 410
All I can think of as a workaround at the moment is:

Every iso file I have is inside its own folder alongside artwork and other files. I can put windtracks in them too. I can name every windtrack 'index.txt' since they will be in their own folders. Then I can manually copy that to the 'windtracks' folder and delete it when finished. Rinse and repeat.

My system is completely automated from A-Z. Manually fiddling with the files means it won't be. I'll just have to get used to it until a better option that requires zero hands on appears... if ever. I'm just happy WinLIRC starts with Windows and HTFanControl starts with Windows too. Fwiw, HTFanControl greets me on the desktop until I minimize it. It would be great if it could just run in the tray or minimize itself after boot. I use my HTPC as a workstation too. My HTPC is only on when I'm using it otherwise it's off, not sleeping or hibernating.. OFF, ready for a cold start. If HTFanControl could have an option to be told to start only when MPC and perhaps Kodi starts, that would be cool. Maybe I can do that with a .bat and playercorefactory.xml? I'll look into it soon unless you have something planned already which I bet you do.

I know I'm suggesting a lot and probably the impossible but usually if someone creative and talented is told 'impossible'... well you know. I want to thank you and all the others involved for making what you've shared. I'm so delighted with it now that I've seen it in action! Once I'm comfortable with everything, I'm going to mount the fan(s) overhead in the ceiling soffit. To cut down on fan noise once it's buried in there only revealing the air outlet, I think an air intake port (still adjacent to the soffit) could be located away from the MSP. The fan outlet would still emit noise but maybe some massaging to the fan body itself could quiet it somewhat. Or maybe even duct the fan outlet, far from the unit itself located in an adjacent room, depending how much drywall I feel like removing and replacing.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3,5&6 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
Samsung 82" Q90R / Denon S720W

Last edited by brazen1; 06-27-2020 at 07:32 PM.
brazen1 is offline  
post #90 of 241 Old 06-27-2020, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SirMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
All I can think of as a workaround at the moment is:

Every iso file I have is inside its own folder alongside artwork and other files. I can put windtracks in them too. I can name every windtrack 'index.txt' since they will be in their own folders. Then I can manually copy that to the 'windtracks' folder and delete it when finished. Rinse and repeat.

My system is completely automated from A-Z. Manually fiddling with the files means it won't be. I'll just have to get used to it until a better option that requires zero hands on appears... if ever. I'm just happy WinLIRC starts with Windows and HTFanControl starts with Windows too. Fwiw, HTFanControl greets me on the desktop until I minimize it. It would be great if it could just run in the tray or minimize itself after boot. I use my HTPC as a workstation too. My HTPC is only on when I'm using it otherwise it's off, not sleeping or hibernating.. OFF, ready for a cold start. If HTFanControl could have an option to be told to start only when MPC and perhaps Kodi starts, that would be cool. Maybe I can do that with a .bat and playercorefactory.xml? I'll look into it soon unless you have something planned already which I bet you do.

I know I'm suggesting a lot and probably the impossible but usually if someone creative and talented is told 'impossible'... well you know. I want to thank you and all the others involved for making what you've shared. I'm so delighted with it now that I've seen it in action! Once I'm comfortable with everything, I'm going to mount the fan(s) overhead in the ceiling soffit. To cut down on fan noise once it's buried in there only revealing the air outlet, I think an air intake port (still adjacent to the soffit) could be located away from the MSP. The fan outlet would still emit noise but maybe some massaging to the fan body itself could quiet it somewhat. Or maybe even duct the fan outlet, far from the unit itself located in an adjacent room, depending how much drywall I feel like removing and replacing.
First you have to understand that this is a beta phase, so I have not focused on things like the console windows opening when the program runs and things like that. I was trying to focus on the core functionality before spending time messing with the behaviors like that. I certainly have plans to change the way the program behaves on the system, but we just have not gotten that far yet.

There is no way a program itself can be not running, and then decide to run itself when something else runs. There would need to be something running, checking for when to run the program. This would always need to be triggered by something else external of the program itself, something that would need to be running all the time. Or you need to do something like replace your shortcut that launches MPC or Kodi with one that also launches the other program. Or launch the program with whatever process you use to launch your media player.

Basically, I am saying there is nothing I could put into HTFanControl, that could tell it to magically run when something else runs, because if HTFanControl isn't running then it can't be doing any such checking, it can't be doing anything at all if it's not running.


For your media library, I am not really familiar with the format of your media files exactly. You have a single ISO for the movie, and you put this ISO inside a folder for the movie? I think I just need an example copy so I can see how the players read the ISO and what they say. Are these 1080p ISOs or 4K isos and I wonder exactly how the format differs. I will have to get one of each and take a look I guess.

If you are trying to use Kodi, then the error should definitely not say can't connect to MPC, at least after you clear that error. Seems like you didn't have Kodi selected as the media player in the HTFanControl Settings? Kodi might not work from ISO files in my program right now, but it still shouldn't produce an error talking about MPC when Kodi is selected in the settings.
brazen1 likes this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 06-27-2020 at 08:52 PM.
SirMaster is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off