Panamax 5410 Pro no high current output - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-25-2020, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panamax 5410 Pro no high current output

I've just bought this item from a very nice lady on Facebook, brand new in the box. Every other banks works except for 2 high current outlets. I tried everything including the trigger. No power coming out of high current outlet. I called Panamax and an Indian-accent customer support said your equipment is legacy and he could not find the manual to help. Plus, he cannot support it since I bought it from Facebook. First time and last time for me to buy anything from Panamax (Made in China). I should have bought a power conditioner from Furman instead. Once my Klipsch speaker subwoofer failed, even if I bought open-box from Best Buy, Klipsch sent me the whole set of speakers! Now, that is American quality customer service. Now, I have to plug my Outlaw 5000 amp into bank 1 instead. Would it be enough power for the amp to work properly and safely?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-25-2020, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Look for blown fuse(s)?

When u trigger, do you hear a relay click sound? that may give u more insight.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-25-2020, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Relay does click for switched outlets. Bank 1 and 2 have power output but two high current outlets have no power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-25-2020, 10:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Took a quick peek at the manual, page 7, it shows a diagram of how things goes, the high current leg goes before bank1&2, so if bank1&2 fires up, that whole common section on top feeding the 2 is working, so the only thing left is that switch (most likely a relay) feeding the high current side. I notice there is a switch selector for the high current out for 0-10 seconds delay, have u played with this switch?

If you are not comfortable doing any troubleshooting I guess the only thing left to do is to try to get a refund from the nice lady. I don't see anything obviously easy.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-27-2020, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

I did try to set HC delay switch on both 0 and 10 seconds. None works. It is just a simple switch, it can't fail, right?
post #6 of 7 Old 06-27-2020, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanoTX View Post
It is just a simple switch, it can't fail, right?
They can. But a mechanical switch tend to fail one side, like stuck on one side rather than completely fail. So if neither position works, most likely the problem is somewhere else.

If I were to troubleshoot this, I want to verify the relays are firing. Page 7 shows the two "paddles" they are really electronically controlled relays to control the High Current outlets as well as Bank1&2. With DELAY configured, you should hear 1 click to energize one section, then seconds later a second click to energize the next section, if u hear these 2 distinctive clicks, you at least know the firing signals is been issued properly, if so, and still no power, the relay controlling the High Current out probably is faulty and needs replacing. This is really easy to verify with a voltmeter but don't electrocute yourself if you are not comfortable with these things.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

I think it is the relay too. I have a voltage meter but it is a black plastic box. I cannot measure same way as a resistance, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page