DIY Digital Signage - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 10-28-2007, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to run down some information on digital signage. I am trying to set up a digital sign for a small church. It would consist of 2 seperate displays seperated by about 100 ft. I'm trying to get an idea on what type of software and controller to use. I would assume a desktop running powerpoint and multiple display cards could handle it but not sure it that is the most scalable way to approach it as I would like some flexibility to expand down the road. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-29-2007, 05:35 PM

I would check out MediaTile (mediatile.com). Their digital signage solution is very simple and scalable, yet also very robust. You can start out with two now, and then add on as you go. You do not need to invest in any IT infrastructure. Their system uses cellular technology to distribute messages, whether that's videos, PowerPoints or other files. You can modify and schedule your content from any computer with internet access using their Broadcast portal (mediatile.net). You do not need a dedicated computer running the system -- the portal does that for you.

I used them for digital signage at my company to communicate to employees. It has been very successful.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
Advanced Member

I think it is smart of you to be thoughtful of upgrading your church for the future. I undertand the use powerpoint for applications like this however some good software over Internet would probably serve you better in the long run (esp when you add more screens in different branches of the church.)

There is a ton of good software out there for digital signage and you might want to try out a few (most have free 30 trials) online.

Also, get a feel for the customer service (call them a few times and see how responsive they are to email as well) because as you expand sometimes even the most advanced users will need a company they can depend on that will also advise for other aspects of the project and troubleshoot any hiccups as you install more screens.

My main advice is keep in mind who the users of the software will be now and plan for them in the future (are their users who might have a learning curve?) if you do have potential "other users" I would get them involved in the trials.

The fun is when you do the 30 day free trials keep in mind it might inspire you to make richer, newer content because you will have some more scheduling features and capabilities.

Hope it helps..

You are the plasma sea..as vast as you can be..and deep the shade of blue..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM

You may also look at our solutions (Cayin Technology) which connects to the network and provides for several different zones for info. Video, Graphics, Text, etc. You would need one appliance, then you would want to split the VGA signal to send it to the 2 monitors. I would be happy to discuss this with you more. If you go with a real solution, be sure that there are no license/software fees or a server is not required. Our solution does not need any special software and no server is required. You can update from anywhere with a web browser!

If you are really trying to save money, you can also simply run PowerPoint on a computer and again, split the signal to duplicate it on your monitors.

Good Luck. Contact me if you need more info.
mediavisionsolutions.com
post #5 of 10 Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 PM

At my church we ran slides for worship or videos every week. We had our computer setup to output to a second monitor, then split that signal to two projectors. Worked very well. Might wana check out an application called Easy Worship.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-31-2007, 11:31 AM

LCD Digital Advertising Displays and Digital Signage More Affordable
Small businesses are recognizing the importance of communication with customers to improve product awareness and increase turnover
Sun Group has responded to market demand for affordable high quality Digital Advertising Display SUN-SG8 8Inch, 10.4Inch, 15Inch, 17Inch and 19Inch. The company has recently announced their new line of Digital Advertising Display and Digital Multimedia Players at new low prices that will get every one up and running. This digital advertising display will look good in any retail outlets, office or home, offering unprecedented customization with its interchangeable frames. It supports CFI, II/MD/SM/MS/MS pro/SD/MMC card formats, ensuring a wide blanket of compatibility. built-in real-time clock and calendar. Ideal for Digital Signs, POP Displays and Retail Advertising. Automatic power on/off time. also support USB host, which can read from USB memory stick and from external Hard disc directly
Read Letsgodigital Review
[url]http://www.letsgodigital.org/html/review/photo_frame/sun_sg8.html
post #7 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoulin View Post

I am trying to run down some information on digital signage. I am trying to set up a digital sign for a small church. It would consist of 2 seperate displays seperated by about 100 ft. I'm trying to get an idea on what type of software and controller to use. I would assume a desktop running powerpoint and multiple display cards could handle it but not sure it that is the most scalable way to approach it as I would like some flexibility to expand down the road. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

We have got a product of Digital Signage Software System, which perfectly solve your problem in an easy manner. Our product is called Tru-I Suite, which comes in three modules, Tur-Desiger, Tru-Player and Tru-scheduler. Through Tru-Scheduler we distribute the contents to different players either locally or remotely. We have the perfect solution of your need.

Information about our Product is view on http://www.truknox.com

We do also have a trial version i.e available for downlaod.

I appreciate you that our product solve your problems.

Regards
Amit Kumar
TruKnox Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
E-291 GK II
New Delhi, India
pin code:- 110048
Phone #:- 011-40505050
post #8 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 AM

Its considered impolite to dredge up a thread from 1.5 years ago to shill for your product.

Tom
post #9 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Powerpoint has a couple of cool features for signage. Once you've created a slide show with duration and transitions for each slide, you can save it as a .WMV file. Play this movie on your sign with Windows Media Player. That way you don't have to purchase anything beyond Windows 7 and Powerpoint. Look at the Intel NUC i5 as an inexpensive player for your sign.

Jim smile.gif
post #10 of 10 Old 04-24-2020, 04:04 AM

Liked: 0
we have cloud based digital signage for free trial. You can visit gigasource.io for details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page