Sony Introduces UDP-X1000ES Ultra HD Blu-ray Player at CEDIA 2016 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #61 of 66 Old 09-17-2016, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The secondary hdmi is always covered by Sony because it defaults to audio. So that a customer doesn't connect it and complain they have no video. Same with their 4k player (now discontinued) along with the uhp1 I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 09-17-2016, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I agree but:

The OP didnt ask for universal. The panasonic does what the OP asks for.

(The sony won't do DVD-A.)
You're incorrect. The Sony will do DVD-A. Take a look at the rear panel (above and to the right of the L & R analog outs) of the of the UDP-X1000ES. There's DVD Video/Audio badging.

Dan Hitchman likes this.

"Chance favors only the prepared mind." Louis Pasteur

Ldgibson76

Current Ensemble 

Last edited by ldgibson76; 09-17-2016 at 09:06 AM.
post #63 of 66 Old 09-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx rogan View Post
no DV....DOA!
maybe it's actually the other way around? DV is DOA....

more than likely it seems more and more like DV will be just a streaming thing where as HDR 10 and it's eventual dynamic form will be more for physical media and streaming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 Old 09-18-2016, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2791 Post(s)
Liked: 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDailey View Post
Sony only released this to make Oppo fan boys snoot, get red faced, and jump up and down
Well, I have a Sony BD Player that isn't half bad at home, especially for the price and we've got a few Oppos where I work. Can't claim to be a fanboy, but I'll be waiting for the Oppo and I'll wait a while if needed. Pricey, but I'm impressed with what I've seen. Not sure why it'd get Oppo fanboys in a tizzy though. It'd be like Apple fanboys doing the same whenever Samsung releases a new Galaxy. Neither side really cares about the other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post
So if this is in the same rumored price range as the upcoming Oppo's ($1,000-$1,500), it's not unprecedented or alone in that price range and may offer some features that the Oppo may lack. My current Sony BDP-S790 has more streaming features built in than Oppo offers for instance.
From everything that I've heard, including from Oppo representatives, their aim is to maintain similar pricing structure to what they have now, lower end and higher end, or at least that's how I understood it. Not worried too much about streaming features since my Sony TV likely has all of that covered anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
In my opinion, Oppo will come out with a similar player to the ones they have now, with HDMI inputs to allow processing and upscaling as needed, two HDMI outs, analog outputs, excellent codec support and video file support, Darbee processing and more. Add great support, you have an excellent product.
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeyoung View Post
I have a bad feeling that when they do release their entry level player its going to start at $1k
See above comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Sony is competing with the Oppo.
Do you really think they are competing? Oppo seems to have its own niche and doesn't seem too interested in competing on an apples to apples level with any of the other brands. Though, if they keep a similar pricing and feature structure to what they have now, the only thing saving the other brands is just that - the niche market for Oppo. Where I work, almost nobody (except the actual AV guys) had even heard of Oppo.
post #65 of 66 Old 09-25-2016, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman2306 View Post
I should also add, I've had my UHD BD Samsung since the day it came out and I love it. If the technology "isn't ready" or "there is something wrong" let me just say, I've had not one single problem. The movies look stunning and I'm super happy. Much happier than I was with my gen 1 DVD, gen 1 HD-DVD, or gen 1 BD players which were all horrible players by comparison.

This isn't surprising since it's based off existing disc technology. It's not really even new format -- just an addition to an already existing format. I see it as more akin to the launch of blu-ray 3D than to the original launch of blu-ray back in 2006.
post #66 of 66 Old 09-25-2016, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked: 1130
According to everything we now know - the new Oppo 203 will have Dolby Vision (certification is going on) and will be $499.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Sony , udp-x1000es , ultra hd blu-ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page