Is OLED Burn-In a Big Problem? - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 290Likes

post #391 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ignorance on display time after time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimon.Zorg View Post
Just double post:

https://youtu.be/QUEleyyLow4?t=458

Oh yea. "Deep" blacks . Special for you from Vincent

Another proof from AVforums review:

But you can go on and shake the air with your empty words
So once again, your stupidity is on display. So now you say Vincent openly contradicts himself! On the one hand he says (and RTINGS says), it maintains deep blacks in a dark room, then he contradicts himself later. And in your limited IQ ability to spot this, you seem to regard him an ‘expert’? Lol! You love to misquote, and or, pick and choose what things your ‘experts’ say while ignoring or not understanding other things they said. But keep it up
As I said before Vincent’s review did NOT adjust black level, contrast, brightness. Your misguided opinion is once again easily refuted by the facts.

Here is another fact : Sony and LG introduced very aggressive algorithms to lower brightness on a static image that has been on screen for more than 1 minute. ONE MINUTE!!! They put in writing on their web-sites and in their user manuals, that black bars can cause BI. RTINGS demonstrated that. Even IF it takes 3-4 years to happen, it can and will eventually happen. And other types of BI can and will happen too.
Dude, if you think THAT reflects a high quality tv display, then I’d love to sell you some prime real estate at a great deal
I have nothing more to add. I’ve indulged your obvious ignorance long enough. Comment what you will. I have already, repeatedly exposed how shallow, misinformed and flat out wrong your comments are. You cite basic reviews which only calibrated colour but did nothing else. I had the 950g in my house for a week.

Last edited by LX-UH1; 08-16-2019 at 05:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I know perfectly well what X950G is . I saw it personaly it is very close to X900F

https://youtu.be/QUEleyyLow4?t=458

https://youtu.be/8EbF9QxbmxA?t=1088

https://youtu.be/JI6DqgFvHjc?t=373

It is unusable in dark room. Blooming is awful in HDR mode particularly. Exactly like XF9005
Hey, once again your obvious inability to read is on display. The AVS review under the section you uploaded CLEARLY has a disclaimer about the ability of the camera to capture what it being filmed, and that the reader/watcher should NOT draw conclusions from what they see in the video because the camera’s limited dynamic range is not providing an accurate representation of the actual image.
AVS says the 950g is an otherwise ‘excellent’ LCD, except for blooming. And once again, it is guaranteed they did NOT tweak the brightness, black level and contrast to the extent I did. All they did was calibrate the colour and watch factory pre-set movie modes...oh yeah, real ‘expert’ reviews! Lol
post #393 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9165 Post(s)
Liked: 16162
Quote:
Originally Posted by LX-UH1 View Post
Hey, once again your obvious inability to read is on display. The AVS review under the section you uploaded CLEARLY has a disclaimer about the ability of the camera to capture what it being filmed, and that the reader/watcher should NOT draw conclusions from what they see in the video because the camera’s limited dynamic range is not providing an accurate representation of the actual image.
AVS says the 950g is an otherwise ‘excellent’ LCD, except for blooming. And once again, it is guaranteed they did NOT tweak the brightness, black level and contrast to the extent I did. All they did was calibrate the colour and watch factory pre-set movie modes...oh yeah, real ‘expert’ reviews! Lol
Just a quick note, that's AVForums, not AVS Forum.
LX-UH1 likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 05:53 AM

Another Review: X950 VERY OLED LIKE

Quote:
Bla-bla-bla. I have real proofs in the form of video and measurements/reviews. You have only empty words. All Sony TVs 2018-2019 have blooming especially XF9005|9505 cause of small amount of local zones. Blooming is inevitable. HDR mode is unusable because black level is like ****. More gray and milky:

RTings

Bloom machine is not suitable for high quality movie watching.
Here is another review from ‘Home Theatre Reviews’ that seriously challenges the ones mentioned above. It gave the X950G 5 STARS out of 5 for its performance. Most significant were these quotes,
- https://hometheaterreview.com/sony-x...viewed/?page=2

“Performance 5 stars!

Quote ‘I began my evaluation of the X950G with the Netflix original film, I Am Mother. My thoughts on the film notwithstanding, I thought the quality of the imagery shown through the X950G looked brilliant, especially in Dolby Vision...
The X950G's rendering of the actors' skin tones and other organic hues was superb and extremely lifelike. I should mention that I opted to turn off a lot of the Sony's enhanced image features mentioned earlier, and even with them set to off, the sharpness, contrast, and detail were still world class. Thanks to the display's excellent contrast and terrific color fidelity, dimensionality of the actor's faces when in close up was tremendous...
Equally impressive was the film's darker scenes, as the X950G proved to be as adept at its rendition of nearly absolute black and low-light contrast as it was the film's brighter sequences. Details, even in the shadows, were clearly rendered and discernible from further than normal viewing distances. Oftentimes with displays with lower overall brightness, HDR content, especially in darker scenes, tends to suffer. This was not the case with the X950G, as its low light or dark scenes bordered on appearing OLED-like in their richness and detail.

Commenting on how Captain Marvel looked, the reviewer said, “Well, that delta between OLED and LED/LCD seemed EVER NARROWER with the X950G when watching Captain Marvel. I don't know how else to really say it, really. To the best of my recollection, the X950G delivered 99 percent of the quality of Sony's far costlier OLED offerings, including its MASTER Series. Black levels were INKY, SMOOTH and RICH...
The natural inherent sharpness and edge fidelity reproduced via the X950G was, again, veryOLED-like. Had the 75X950G utilized glass rather than plastic for its front panel, I doubt I'd be able to tell the two (X950G vs. OLED) apart.
This represents what I also observed in my own home.”

But ok, this represents a ‘low-quality to for watching movies”! LMAO.
Nothing more to add.
post #395 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Just a quick note, that's AVForums, not AVS Forum.
Oh yes, of course. Thx for correcting my typo 🙂
post #396 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Oh Oh!

From RTINGS:

The LG E9 OLED is a remarkable TV. Like all OLED TVs, it has an outstanding picture quality as it can display perfect blacks and perfect black uniformity. It can get fairly bright and has excellent wide viewing angles. Motion handling is remarkable thanks to a nearly-instantaneous response time that leaves hardly any motion blur trail. This, however, creates stutter when watching movies, but the TV can remove it using its motion interpolation. The input lag is extremely low and gamers will find this TV very responsive.

Unfortunately, just like all OLED TVs, it has the possibility of developing permanent burn-in that can be caused by cumulative prolonged exposure to static content.

Oh oh! Re Flatpanels:

Korean media report that Samsung is shifting production of LCD TVs to OLED TVs, and that it is expected to shut down its entire LCD TV production in South Korea.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...Vs+to+OLED+TVs

I guess I'll be definitely holding onto my LCD TV, or changing Brands.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)

Last edited by p5browne; 08-16-2019 at 08:32 AM.
post #397 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Here is another review from ‘Home Theatre Reviews’ that seriously challenges the ones mentioned above. It gave the X950G 5 STARS out of 5 for its performance. Most significant were these quotes,
- https://hometheaterreview.com/sony-x...viewed/?page=2

“Performance 5 stars!

Quote ‘I began my evaluation of the X950G with the Netflix original film, I Am Mother. My thoughts on the film notwithstanding, I thought the quality of the imagery shown through the X950G looked brilliant, especially in Dolby Vision...
The X950G's rendering of the actors' skin tones and other organic hues was superb and extremely lifelike. I should mention that I opted to turn off a lot of the Sony's enhanced image features mentioned earlier, and even with them set to off, the sharpness, contrast, and detail were still world class. Thanks to the display's excellent contrast and terrific color fidelity, dimensionality of the actor's faces when in close up was tremendous...
Equally impressive was the film's darker scenes, as the X950G proved to be as adept at its rendition of nearly absolute black and low-light contrast as it was the film's brighter sequences. Details, even in the shadows, were clearly rendered and discernible from further than normal viewing distances. Oftentimes with displays with lower overall brightness, HDR content, especially in darker scenes, tends to suffer. This was not the case with the X950G, as its low light or dark scenes bordered on appearing OLED-like in their richness and detail.

Commenting on how Captain Marvel looked, the reviewer said, “Well, that delta between OLED and LED/LCD seemed EVER NARROWER with the X950G when watching Captain Marvel. I don't know how else to really say it, really. To the best of my recollection, the X950G delivered 99 percent of the quality of Sony's far costlier OLED offerings, including its MASTER Series. Black levels were INKY, SMOOTH and RICH...
The natural inherent sharpness and edge fidelity reproduced via the X950G was, again, veryOLED-like. Had the 75X950G utilized glass rather than plastic for its front panel, I doubt I'd be able to tell the two (X950G vs. OLED) apart.
This represents what I also observed in my own home.”

But ok, this represents a ‘low-quality to for watching movies”! LMAO.
Nothing more to add.
Whoever says a X950G is 99% the quality of master series Sony A9 oled does not know what he is talking about. Even the zd9/z9d i owned is not 99% the quality of my ag9/a9g oled for movies in a dark room. And z9d is a much better tv than the X950G (which is a Sony midrange LCD model) , the z9d is still Sony's best 4K LCD.
post #398 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1975 View Post
Whoever says a X950G is 99% the quality of master series Sony A9 oled does not know what he is talking about. Even the zd9/z9d i owned is not 99% the quality of my ag9/a9g oled for movies in a dark room. And z9d is a much better tv than the X950G (which is a Sony midrange LCD model) , the z9d is still Sony's best 4K LCD.
I can surely speak to that having just had an X950G to review and now an A9G. The A9G of course has the better picture quality in a dark room. Silly to suggest otherwise. As to the X950G getting 99% of the way there, that's only with some content (bright 16:9 scenes) and when viewed head-on.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #399 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
You make me laugh, because you evidently can’t read or it seems, understand what you read.
1. Vincent says Sony’s local dimming is the best in the business, it maintains a wonderful balance between keeping blacks DEEP and blooming at a MINIMUM.
2. RTINGS says ‘you MIGHT (not WILL) notice SOME (ie, MINIMALLY) blooming. Hardly descriptive of a blooming machine! LOL! Which part of these didn’t you understand? On my C8, I can clearly see light bleed into the black bars when a bright object or scene is near the bars. So using your attempts at logic, I should call the C8 a ‘blooming machine’ too.
I'm sorry but that last part about the C8 I bolded is false. The black bars on oled can effectively have their pixels in an off state because oled's pixel level control allows that, therefore any light bleed from a bright object will not happen on any OLED TV, the way it can happen on LCD. There is a phenomenon of the human retina spotting a small glow around the boundary of bright objects in complete darkness and optometry says so. In white credits on a black screen watching oled in a dark room, your eyes can pick up some glow around the letters and it is because of the phenomenon that optometry describes. But 'light bleed' into the black bars as a shortcoming of the technology (you used the words light bleed) does not exist on any OLED TV, never did and never will.
I see you are quite pumped up with your X950G, and you are able to tune the tv better by eye than professionals can achieve by calibration, but you need to keep a check on what you say about oled, like that C8 comment you made above.
post #400 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1975 View Post
I never said the X950G is the same level as the Master series. I posted that review in earlier discussion to demonstrate that not all reviews of the TV diss it as was repeatedly said earlier by someone who has zero first hand experience in home with the tv. So my only point was to state what that reviewer said.
As to the Z9D master series, no argument here that is in all likelihood the best TV Sony has ever made. If I could find one, I’d own it! My comparison was never to it.
The X950G IS an amazing display, picture quality wise. It’s detail, sharpness, motion, colour vibrancy and upscaling are all superior to the C8 I currently have in my home. And with time spent tweaking black level, contrast, brightness it’s blacks can and do get very deep in a dark room.
The entire point in all of my preceding comments was the refuting of the idiotic comments about the 950g being a trash tv for watching movies.
Facts:
1. Not one of the reviewers at RTINGS, Digital Trends, HDTV Test, or AVF even came close to dissing the 950g like the idiotic comments of the person I engaged earlier. They ALL said it is an impressive display for 4K, able to display deep blacks, accurate colours, stunning detail, sharpness, motion. Vincent said rather clearly, “Sony’s FALD algorithm is the best in the business maintaining a wonderful balance keeping blacks very deep and blooming at a minimum”.
2. Those who did mention ‘blooming’ I am fully confident did not tweak the afore-mentioned settings as I did to actually test the full capabilities of the display. I would agree without argument that there is noticeable blooming in ‘store demo mode’. But there is minimal blooming when black level, contrast, brightness is tweaked as I did in home. What these reviewers did do was calibrate the colour/white balance and grey scale to D65k, then watched the tv in factory pre-set viewing modes. Had they played with the contrast, black level, brightness as I did, I am more than confident they would have noticed that blacks do get very deep and that ‘blooming’ can be very minimized. I know first hand. Not because I saw it with super ramped up brightness in store, but because I had it in my home for more than a week, in my dark dedicated theatre room.
3. And my primary point was that as I said much earlier in this specific debate with dude above, was that it’s picture quality is indeed impressive, and with zero risk of BI, regardless of content watched or hours played on a video game.
4. Every reviewer I’ve read notes the C8 has motion judder, whereas Sony’s is the best in the business.

These were my main points. I don’t how far up in this specific section of this thread you looked, but I much earlier on I had said I love the black of my C8 (yes, I currently have purchased it and it is in my home). But that is the only aspect of its image that is superior to the X950G. In every other way, the 950G after tweaking is more more vivid, vibrant, sharp, detailed with superior motion and zero risk of BI. And it’s blacks can and do get satisfactorily deep. I was genuinely shocked when I read the ‘User Manual’ LG put in the box which said that the types of content that can cause BI, were the black bars when watching movies! Not one reviewer I read (there were many) who praised the C8 mentioned this. And it is almost universally stated that the BEST use of an OLED is for watching movies, not tv news, sports, playing games etc. Then I read what LG stated in writing about movies and that did it for me. All the consumer anecdotes in the world combined cannot dispell the fact that neither Sony or LG claim there is no risk for movie watching. When Sony uploads a firmware algorithm which aggressively dims any static image on screen after just 60 seconds, what more needs to be said? The manufacturer’s own actions and what they state in writing are all the proof that one needs to know this risk is very real. Just because many 2017-2019 OLED owners have not yet experienced BI, does not negate the real risk that the manufacturer’s state in writing! Period.

...hey if people want to spend Premium $ so they can admire the shade of black in the black bars all the power to them.
If memory serves, I believe Vincent in his review said the X950G’s measure to 0.03...hardly a trash tv contrast wise as the knucklehead earlier repeated said.

Cheers,
post #401 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 947
As much as I dislike certain flaws of my C8, some of the things you say are absolute nonsense.

0.03 nits isn't a deep black. That's actually brighter than a 3% gray on an oled with a 100 nits (gamma 2.4) calibration. A black level of 0.03 nits will look very grayish if you watch in a dark room.

Also there is no motion judder on the C8, it can play 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps content judder-free. Are you referring to stutter?? That's a completely different thing.
chunon likes this.

Last edited by jk82; 08-16-2019 at 04:40 PM.
post #402 of 454 Old 08-16-2019, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
As much as I dislike certain flaws of my C8, some of the things you say are absolute nonsense.

0.03 nits isn't a deep black. That's actually brighter than a 3% gray on an oled with a 100 nits (gamma 2.4) calibration. A black level of 0.03 nits will look very grayish if you watch in a dark room.

Also there is no motion judder on the C8, it can play 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps content judder-free. Are you referring to stutter?? That's a completely different thing.
For those interested, Judder & Stutter at rtings:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/motion/24p

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/motion/stutter

C8 and X950G appear to be equal/excellent in judder, and X950G outshines C8 in stutter.
LX-UH1 likes this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #403 of 454 Old 08-18-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post

Perhaps you should try and read before you comment. It was not myself who said 0.03 is ‘deep black’. In my comment I said if memory serves, I think Vincent (HDTV Test) said it. And I also quoted RTINGS who said ‘It (X950G) has the ability to display deep blacks in a dark room. So if you disagree with them, fair enough. Proceed. But to quote that point about 0.03, suggesting I said it, when I was merely quoting Vincent and RTINGS, shows your evident inability to follow a train of thought in context. Jus sayin.
post #404 of 454 Old 08-18-2019, 08:24 AM

Three MORE REVIEWS RE: X950G AND IT’S ‘DARK ROOM’ /CONTRAST PERFORMANCE:

I. Techradar.com review - https://www.techradar.com/reviews/so...tv-xbr-65x950g

HD/SDR Performance:
Reviewer concludes his section on HD/SDR content saying, “HD/SDR Performance TL;DR: Overall this is a superb screen for HD/SDR content thanks to its great upscaling, motion processing and controversial (but appreciated) Live Color feature.”

4K/HDR Performance:

“Just as amazing is that, even at its peak brightness above 1,000 nits, the TV doesn’t suffer from any severe blooming or haloing, and black levels stay relatively dark. Admittedly Sony still has a little room to go in making the black levels in 4K/HDR content even darker - this LED/LCD screen is no match for OLED - but black level performance is still pretty impressive in its current form.”

Reviewer concludes saying “4K/HDR Performance TL;DR: The X950G is a fantastic screen for 4K/HDR content thanks to its bright, accurate images and neat Netflix Calibrated Mode...However, taken by itself, the Sony X950G is an immaculate 4K TV.”

II. 4K.com review:
“On two particular fronts, the X950G is in fact simply exceptional at least from what we’ve seen so far in the 4K HDR TVs we’ve reviewed. Where the X950G excels particularly is in its color performance, peak brightness and motion handling specs. Since all three of these are so important for high-performance picture rendering, they combine to make this a truly strong television for nearly anything you’d want to throw at it. Let’s get down to our breakdown of the specific things we most liked.

Local Dimming
As a companion spec to the color performance we just described above, there is the local dimming of the Sony X950G. This particular 4K TV comes with full-array LED backlighting with multi-zone local dimming. In basic terms, this means that the whole back of the display is covered by illuminating LEDs and that they can be turned off in different compartmentalized zones to create stronger, deeper dark/black levels as needed for contrast in content. The local dimming itself in the X950G is very good, precise and creates only minor light bleed. More importantly though, it allows for HDR content to display very strongly and for colors to stand out more vibrantly on the screen.
Overall HDR delivery
The overall effect of the above-described color, brightness and local dimming specs in the X950G is that they work together to make one spectacularly powerful HDR TV that can absolutely impress with the way in which it renders high dynamic range content. Movies and TV shows from streaming or disc sources, whether they’ve been mastered in HDR10 or Dolby Vision, will play back on this Sony television model beautifully. You can essentially enjoy them to their fullest and without being left with the feeling that something of the intended HDR was lost in translation as it reached your display. In other words, as a full HDR 4K TV, we absolutely recommend the X950G for the quality it offers.”

“Black Level, Local Dimming and Contrast are all crucial display specs for any television (and especially for any HDR 4K TV). Furthermore because they also interplay with each other as far as display performance goes, they need to be covered together.
As far as all of these specs go in the Sony X950G, what you get is some very good performance on black level and contrast combined with excellent performance on local dimming and superbly even black uniformity when local dimming is activated. The uniformity decreases with minor clouding visible if local dimming is turned off though. More specifically, the X950G offers a general black level that is excellent (with local dimming) and sits well within HDR10 standards at less than 0.019 nits, and this TV’s overall black uniformity is remarkably good and evenly dark if local dimming is on (it can be activated or deactivated in the X950G’s picture settings). There is however some clouding near the outer areas of the screen that becomes visible without local dimming in a darker room, and a halo “blooming” effect becomes even more notable if the X950G is being used to display bright content against a dark background. This is even more visible in a room with no lights on.”
Review concludes,
“Value for Price & Bottom Line
In our final overall analysis, we have to say that we really appreciate the quality of the Sony X950G and think it’s almost entirely an excellent 4K HDR TV for any normal use. “

III. REVIEWED.COM:

“Fortunately, the X950G is capable of the sort of contrast that we've come to expect from elite TVs in this price range.”

These are quotes of other experts in the business. They completely corroborate my own first hand in-home experience of the X950G and how it handles -when properly tweaked, blooming, haloing. As well as it’s overall depth of blacks. And as I have said now many times, if Contrast, brightness and black level are tweaked, it’s performance becomes even better....and I’ll say it again, though I LOVE the blacks of my C8, I can watch or play anything I want on the Sony, for as long as I want and not have to quiet that voice in my head, ‘Are you risking BI’? 😏

Finally, remember ALL OLED OWNERS: The manufacturer’s themselves -not myself, warn that movie watching with black bars can cause BI. AND (as if that is not enough), BI according to the manufacturer’s, is a cumulative effect. For those who don’t grasp the obvious significance of this fact, it means that it does not matter (as many suggest) whether the BI occurred over a short time (as in static images left on screen for 20 hours at once, OR, a static image on screen for 1 hour over 20 days. long etc) the pixel stress created, or the end result is the same! Folks, that is a serious concern. So just because many of you have not yet experienced BI, according to the manufacturer’s themselves (I did not invent this. Sony stated this in an interview with ‘Forbes’ which is cited earlier on), it appears that it may I]almost[/I] inevitable over time.

CAVEAT: If there are those who think that such a warning is justified on such a ‘premium’ tv, at such premium price points - not everyone who bought an OLED waited until they dropped in price, that is for each person to decide.
I TRULY LOVE the picture quality my C8. Watching ‘Exodus: God’s And Kings’ 4K Blu Ray (a ‘Reference’ quality’ 4K disc to be sure), while it looked amazing on the X950G (), it looks I fully admit [/B] , MUCH more amazing on my C8. It’s so darn good, I’m simply floored! Never seen anything this good ..but the risk remains. :co

Nothing more to add to this particular thread. It’s been fun though.
Cheers all

Last edited by LX-UH1; 08-18-2019 at 11:37 AM.
post #405 of 454 Old 08-18-2019, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 103
In HDR 0.03 turns into... 0.2 . Such black level you can see on IPS display. It is total failure. As i said X950G is unsuitable for HDR at all. Your empty words mean nothing against solid facts and measurements
post #406 of 454 Old 08-18-2019, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
In HDR 0.03 turns into... 0.2 . Such black level you can see on IPS display. It is total failure. As i said X950G is unsuitable for HDR at all. Your empty words mean nothing against solid facts and measurements
Everything they posted is quoted from reviews, technically it's not their words.

You seen to be a fan of hyperbole. Party on, dude.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #407 of 454 Old 08-18-2019, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Yes. I gave links to video and reviews with real measurements . Numbers don't lie
post #408 of 454 Old 08-18-2019, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Yes. I gave links to video and reviews with real measurements . Numbers don't lie
No, they do not. But they can be used to make specious arguments.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #409 of 454 Old 08-18-2019, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
No, they do not. But they can be used to make specious arguments.
I've tried to follow the last ten posts here - and I've developed burn in. Not on my panel. Me!
DeadEd and Panson like this.
post #410 of 454 Old 08-26-2019, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Real World usage burn-in check by Vincent at 3600 hours with some useful tips, if you watch the whole thing:
(no burn in, E8)
post #411 of 454 Old 09-02-2019, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Yes burn in is a big problem. I got burn in on My C8 in just 1 week.https://youtu.be/zyEA4YyjH9A

However, My E8 was fine for almost two months of normal use. I honestly believe My E8 still wouldn't have burn in.

The thing to keep in mind is the usage and panel lottery. It's completely random as to when burn in occurs. It's not alway due to user abuse. That's what makes it so much of a problem.

Though I hear Samsung found a fix for this. We'll see what their QD-OLED brings.

- QTV
post #412 of 454 Old 09-06-2019, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1503 Post(s)
Liked: 918
When you notice your OLED has burn in it's a big problem

/end thread
post #413 of 454 Old 09-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Have used my LG OLED B7 since it was new close to every day - not any issues at all. It can be stuck on the news channel all day if I'm working from home (keep it on in the background). Watch a lot of movies, tv-shows, sports, documentary and sports.

HT: Trinnov Altitude32 (AL32-1632)/Amplitude8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 Network Player - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846
post #414 of 454 Old 09-06-2019, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum TV View Post
Yes burn in is a big problem. I got burn in on My C8 in just 1 week.https://youtu.be/zyEA4YyjH9A
- QTV

That's not burn-in. This oval shape on dark gray backgrounds has been seen on several C8s but only when using certain picture presets. It's some kind of strange processing bug I guess.

For example here it is on my own C8:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post58001060
post #415 of 454 Old 09-06-2019, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Just an update. I'm on close to 7500 hours on my LG 65" B6. About 30% of that time was used for videogames. I watch around 3 movies a week and a good amount of TV. I've played Monster Hunter World on the PS4 in HDR for 1000+ hours (not proud of that).

I still haven't had any issues with burn in or uneven wear. I did have my TV professionally calibrated.
audiophool likes this.
post #416 of 454 Old 09-08-2019, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Exclamation LG fined for misleading customers about BURN IN ON oLED

iNTERESTING READ.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...urn-in.420787/

Does this set a precedent for American consumers who have burn-in on their OLED screens?

I admired Oled when I saw a 1080p mode on display in Bestbuy. Once I heard or alleged burn in issues, Oled was off the table for me until a manufacturer guarantees no burn-in and or tv replacement.
Panson likes this.
post #417 of 454 Old 09-08-2019, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondey99 View Post
iNTERESTING READ.

Does this set a precedent for American consumers who have burn-in on their OLED screens?

I admired Oled when I saw a 1080p mode on display in Bestbuy. Once I heard or alleged burn in issues, Oled was off the table for me until a manufacturer guarantees no burn-in and or tv replacement.

I’d be happy with 30,000 hour Blue phosphors, LG claims 50,000 hours but each color degrades at a different rate. Blue phosphors or whatever chemical creates the blue color is toast after about 8,000 to 10,000 hours.
post #418 of 454 Old 09-08-2019, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 77
This guy has been on to these shysters for a while....

gondey99 and Panson like this.

Samsung QN55Q8FN / Pioneer Elite SC-81 AV Receiver/ Outlaw 5000 Amplifier/ ELAC Uni-Fi B5 Book Shelves/ SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer/ Roku Ultra / Bluesound Node 2 / iFi SPDIF iPurifier/ MiniDSP 2x4 HD
post #419 of 454 Old 09-09-2019, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Why was this thread combined stuck at the bottom of the Burn in thread? Someone must have been triggered by the truth?
3dprojector likes this.

Samsung QN55Q8FN / Pioneer Elite SC-81 AV Receiver/ Outlaw 5000 Amplifier/ ELAC Uni-Fi B5 Book Shelves/ SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer/ Roku Ultra / Bluesound Node 2 / iFi SPDIF iPurifier/ MiniDSP 2x4 HD
post #420 of 454 Old 09-09-2019, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondey99 View Post
iNTERESTING READ.

Good on Australia. Hoping this expands around the world to all electronics industry manufacturers, their distributors and retailers. Improve R&D, QC, marketing, sales, warranties, and after-sale commitments.

One of the first things that hasta go is the commonplace/laughable 1-year warranty.
Brian Hampton likes this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
oled , oled burn-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page