AVS Forum Member Posts from AXPONA - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By imagic
  • 1 Post By Scotth3886

post #1 of 3 Old 04-13-2019, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9176 Post(s)
Liked: 16189
AVS Forum Member Posts from AXPONA

AXPONA is now the largest audio show in the U.S. and growing. With CES no longer drawing the high-end manufacturers, the focus is on Chicago in springtime. This year, there’s a sizeable contingent of AVS Forum members attending, as well as several forum threads dedicated to the show. I will not be there, but instead I’m sharing posts from both the AV enthusiasts and the 2-channel folks.

One of the most unusual things about AXPONA is it includes considerably more home theater-centric rooms than your average high-end show. For example, you’ll find AVS Forum favorites JTR Speakers and Seaton Sound there, as well as a full-court press from bang-for-buck leader Emotiva.

But make no mistake, high-end 2-channel audio is a major focus of AXPONA. The rooms are packed with gear that’s all over the place in terms of price, aesthetics, performance, you name it. And early reports are that the rooms themselves are packed this year, so expect the show to keep growing!

First up, here’s a link to the “Area Home Theaters Meets” section, where @Archea began a popular thread called “AXPONA 2019.” There you can find the list of 24 members confirmed to be attending and read up on what’s found in some of the more exciting spaces at the show. Click here to go to that thead.

2-channel enthusiast and vinyl record collector @Scotth3886 has a thread in 2-channel audio, also called “AXPONA 2019” where he’ll be posting mini-reviews and pics of the rooms he can get into during the course of the show. Click here to be taken to that that thread.
noah katz and openbaffled like this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-13-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4098 Post(s)
Liked: 2566
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
AXPONA is now the largest audio show in the U.S. and growing. With CES no longer drawing the high-end manufacturers, the focus is on Chicago in springtime. This year, there’s a sizeable contingent of AVS Forum members attending, as well as several forum threads dedicated to the show. I will not be there, but instead I’m sharing posts from both the AV enthusiasts and the 2-channel folks.

One of the most unusual things about AXPONA is it includes considerably more home theater-centric rooms than your average high-end show. For example, you’ll find AVS Forum favorites JTR Speakers and Seaton Sound there, as well as a full-court press from bang-for-buck leader Emotiva.

But make no mistake, high-end 2-channel audio is a major focus of AXPONA. The rooms are packed with gear that’s all over the place in terms of price, aesthetics, performance, you name it. And early reports are that the rooms themselves are packed this year, so expect the show to keep growing!

First up, here’s a link to the “Area Home Theaters Meets” section, where @Archea began a popular thread called “AXPONA 2019.” There you can find the list of 24 members confirmed to be attending and read up on what’s found in some of the more exciting spaces at the show. Click here to go to that thead.

2-channel enthusiast and vinyl record collector @Scotth3886 has a thread in 2-channel audio, also called “AXPONA 2019” where he’ll be posting mini-reviews and pics of the rooms he can get into during the course of the show. Click here to be taken to that that thread.
Mark, cool, that works. I'll do the best I can from the phone and clean up tonight on the laptop when I get back to the room. At least I'm doing OK this year pics from the phone.
Garman likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-13-2019, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1922 Post(s)
Liked: 924
I couldn't make it this year so thanks for any pictures and or coverage! Much appreciated, interested in Dynaudio Confidence 20's, I don't think Dynaudio will have them but I heard another dealer would. This line has taken forever to make it to the States, as they had to move production of cabinets over to China. Regardless, they make some of the best drivers I have heard, and always had a love for a great monitor. Current setup below, also interested in NAD Master series, as I just ordered a M10 and might pair it with a LS50 or the pair of Special 40's from Dynaudio that I have, the KEF tend to work better in a near-field setting though. A Magnepan fan as well, so anything from them would be cool, heck any pictures would be great and what you thought was great and not so great on any pieces you see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4931.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	490.0 KB
ID:	2552398  

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinums (Mocca), Dynaudio Contour 20's (Grey Oak) KEF LS50 (Black), Magnepan 1.7i, Belles VT-01/MB-200s, NAD M10, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and various other good brands.. HT system: Dynaudio SCX Center, Dynaudio In-Walls for Surrounds and Sony VPL-295ES possibly a new Monitor in the future.
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page